Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
They are all over ebay

Tom
Old 01-19-2006, 07:07 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Looked at Ebay, there are tons of FPRs... which one is the better/best one?
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Maniac modifier

well that is more personal taste at this point, it is simple a pressure regulator that can restrict flow going back to the fuel tank on the return line. With this pinch it will increase fuel pressure on the incomming line to make up for it. So in reality, any regulator will work but which gauge is the most accurate is now a concern

Tom
Old 01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

What threw me off was the labeling of the FPRs for diff. kinds of cars.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
Increasing airflow.

An idea im drawing up for inclreasing airflow. is to take the intake and split it into to individual intakes. Run one to each side of the car. It would require remote mounting the battery and doing a little triming, but it would douple the possible airflow.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

As I understand it, the ECU controls the idle fuel delivery in open loop mode, in that it doesn't receive O2 sensor information to adjust the fuel injector pulse width. The ECU normally receives inputs for rpm, throttle position, air flow through the MAF, some temperatures, O2, and a few other things. Does it receive inputs on fuel pressure? If not, can it really adjust to higher fuel pressure when it is in open loop operation mode, as it is when the engine is idling?

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 01-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Maniac modifier

No it cannot sense fuel pressure. But when the AFR gets too rich the engine will compensate for it

Tom
Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Up to 20-25% throttle position (never took the time to determine the exact value), the ECU controls the motor in closed-loop using O2 sensor data to do its best to maintain a 14.7:1 afr. At idle, its difficult for the ECU to control the afr precisely though because at idle the volume of exhaust gas passing the O2 sensors is small, and it takes a while for the O2 sensor to sample enough gas for its output value to change. And if the fuel pressure is too high, the ECU might not be able to compensate the injector enough to bring the afr into range.

In open-loop, the O2 sensor data are not used, and more fuel pressure means richer afr. The increase in fuel goes roughly as the square root of the fuel pressure.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:42 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

I've been getting ready to start ordering parts for my SVX. I want to get the stage 2 but really can't swing $700 for the full set up. So could I get the chip and not buy the Z32 MAF and just source one on Ebay at a later date.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Maniac modifier

yes, but in this case. You need to wait until you gte the MAF to install it. I figured you knew that but just being safe

Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: