Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Bipa

Yikes! I just scrolled 82 times to get to the zebra photo! (might have lost count) The Zebras are no longer in the top ten list

Zebra has 51 votes, the number 10 spot has 62 votes.

The email search still isn't working for me, but at least it is now just a simple error message that comes up "Please enter valid email" like Andy gets.

Is it possible that the pic is listed with another email address?

If I gotta scroll more than 100 times, it just might get a little annoying
Old 11-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Yeah, you are right. It has become ridiculous. We have both emailed them for a simpler way, but they haven't replied.

Bipa, I appreciate it, but at this point.... 82 pages? That's just asking too much. I've been married to her for 23 years, and I don't even want to go through it!

Thank you and all very very much. I truely appreciate it. But alas,,,, it's time to call it quits.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 11-04-2005, 05:29 PM

Andy! Thanks for being there for us. I won't forget. But... bummer! Time to throw in the towel. I owe you guys one!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Bipa

Ok guys... try this out.

I tested this with my other email id, and it worked for me. But one trial isn't enough for me to guarrantee that it will work for everyone.

Copy and paste the following url into your browser but DON'T actually go there yet! (it is all one line so don't actually break it into two lines as it is currently showing) You'll have to change the email address embedded in the url to reflect your own, the one you used to register at Kodak.

Quote:
http://kodak.eprize.net/olympics/index.tbapp?page=gallery&session_id=zjc5isaktses47 8k&email=name@somewhere.com&offset=574&search_email=
After changing the email to your own, you can go to the kodak web site. It is set to go directly to where the zebra photo is currently located in the gallery. I expect that in a day or so you might have to further scroll a few times, but not 80+ so it might make voting easier.

Then again, it might simply not work at all. Try it and let me know.

Have you voted today?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:05 AM

Oh my gosh!!! It worked!!

You are a genius!!

First the BMW, now this. I LOVE GERMANY!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Bipa

Updated Zebra Locator (patent pending )

Quote:
http://kodak.eprize.net/olympics/index.tbapp?page=gallery&session_id=5sten7ripgd8rv r3&email=name@somewhere.com&offset=651&search_email=
How-to Reminder:

Copy and paste the above url into your browser but DON'T actually go there yet! (it is all one line so don't actually break it into two lines as it is currently showing) You'll have to change the email address embedded in the url to reflect your own, the one you used to register at Kodak.

After changing the email to your own, you can go to the kodak web site. It is set to go directly to where the zebra photo is currently located in the gallery. I expect that in a day or so you might have to further scroll a few times, but not 80+ so it might make voting easier.

Quote:
Oh my gosh!!! It worked!!

You are a genius!!

First the BMW, now this. I LOVE GERMANY!!!
You're very welcome. Told ya I'm always on the lookout for an easier way.

But jeeeez! How come Germany gets the credit?! I just live here, I'm not German (though I'm married to one )

For more details, click on the Canadian, eh link in my signature (and turn up your volume!)

Last edited by Bipa; 11-07-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:46 AM

You're Canadian?

Hey........Got a question..........

Do you know Jimmy?

Old 11-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Bipa

I'll bet you mean James Bartholomew Olsen, eh? Yeah... know him well Started out in Canada, moved to the USA and made a big name for himself, though never in a starring role - always as a sidekick

P.S. fixed my last post - the url had been parsed and shortened, now it is back in its proper long form
Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Bipa

The latest offset is now 679... so just use the last url I gave and change the offset to equal 679 in addition to changing the email address

If you're confused, let me know and I'll go back to posting the complete url.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 PM

It works great. How are you doing that?

Old 11-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Bipa

Well you see, it's like this. I called up some good friends, a squad of guerilla warrior computer hacker elves to help me out. Told 'em I had a target for 'em - nothing really dangerous, just a simple reconnoissance mission, no blowing things up allowed (they were a little upset at that demand!) and come back to report on the situation.

So they infiltrated the Kodak web site, did a bit of sneaking around, finally located the target (your wife's photo), and did briefly consider igniting just a teensy bit of TNT beneath it , thinking it would go shooting up towards the front of the queue. Thank goodness they remembered my instructions before proceeding, and didn't go through with it. Probably would have either maimed the poor zebras - making a thorough mess of the place and your wife's nice, neat photo - or else might have hurt themselves.

After making their report on the location of the target, they retired in a sulk to a local bar, where they got into a fight with a bunch of Orc grunts on leave from the World of Warcraft. The Orcs were tired and easy targets, so the elves beat them up, stole their armour, dressed up in it, and proceeded to drink themselves silly. I simply ask the least inebriated of the lot to take a run back into the Kodak site every day and report on the newest location of the zebras. Quite easy, really

P.S. The newest offset is 711
Old 11-08-2005, 09:05 PM

Oh.. I was thinking along those lines.

I notice your latest gif is those elves carving an oak leaf in a penny. Solid proof!!

Old 11-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Bipa

We're moving along... backwards! Newest offset is 737

OK.. here's how I really did it. I was fooling around with the website, and after voting and then going back to the gallery, I realized that the url up above had changed and put in a value for the offset. That's all there is to it. If you add +1 to the offset in the url and refresh, then the row of pictures moves forward by one. Next time you vote, click on the "Back to Contest Gallery" button afterwards, and then take a look at the address bar. It probably won't give you the exact position of the zebra photos, but they will be visible on the picture bar.

What I was initially concerned about was whether you had to really log in with an email id, or if just changing the email address in the url was good enough for their voting tracking mechanism. Turns out you don't really have to go in through the log-in screen and the session id has no real meaning, at least not for our purposes.

But I really do prefer the previous explanation

Vote or I'll send my elves out to MAKE you!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Bipa

We're still moving along. New offset is 858.

I've updated the link in my signature, so folks can just click on it, then later change the email address in the address bar and refresh to vote.

Don't think voting can be made simpler than that!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Did she take any pictures of aardvarks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: