Old 08-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Lollerblades!
Have you been drinking or are you speaking Eskimo pie
Old 08-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
"Hence, the name – B for Boxer, 11 for Premium Class, S for Sportive – and the marriage of attractive design, outstanding technology and impressive performance."

Not sure how "11" means "Premium Class", though.

Simple, cause 11 is one more then 10

As for the car itself, I like it and if it was put into production with the right features and price point, I'd have to consider purchasing one.

And for the record, not all Fords suck (recalls or no recalls), just about every manufacturer had made a good car at one time or another and if I had the $$$ I'd have a GT in the garage as well!

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 08-08-2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:47 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Is it just me or has over a certain amount of time, contrasting the first time the B11S was presented to later pics, has the front grill or just front period is now shorter and the hood is sleeker? Maybe its just the way they shot it, but seriously though am I the only who sees that? What I really like though is the hachbackish back that is not only practical but also has an SVXish look to it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the current design but the what I was intending to do with my alerted design was to bring out more cues from the SVX and also later on the XT. If you notice I made the split window more like the front styled one the Eclipse so not to intrude as much the window that is within your arm reach but also made curved to look SVXesque. You can also see the I straightened the front grill, brought it closer together as well as made it wider not to mention the hood itself to make it sort of like the XT. I also gave the fenders more flare.

Btw, anyone is welcome to copy my pic to make adjustments and other alterations.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Is it just me or has over a certain amount of time, contrasting the first time the B11S was presented to later pics, has the front grill or just front period is now shorter and the hood is sleeker? Maybe its just the way they shot it, but seriously though am I the only who sees that? What I really like though is the hachbackish back that is not only practical but also has an SVXish look to it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the current design but the what I was intending to do with my alerted design was to bring out more cues from the SVX and also later on the XT. If you notice I made the split window more like the front styled one the Eclipse so not to intrude as much the window that is within your arm reach but also made curved to look SVXesque. You can also see the I straightened the front grill, brought it closer together as well as made it wider not to mention the hood itself to make it sort of like the XT. I also gave the fenders more flare.

Btw, anyone is welcome to copy my pic to make adjustments and other alterations.
You did a GREAT JOB . I just want one
Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
The title of this thread makes me , can we pls delete it?
This is an SVX forum, how can we post something like "Replacing the SVX" ? visitors will laugh at us !!!!

As far as i am concerned i am and will always be loyal to my SVX, no B11S and no Ford GT's and no Z's.... only pure Funky SVX !!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
The title of this thread makes me , can we pls delete it?
This is an SVX forum, how can we post something like "Replacing the SVX" ? visitors will laugh at us !!!!

As far as i am concerned i am and will always be loyal to my SVX, no B11S and no Ford GT's and no Z's.... only pure Funky SVX !!!
Sorry to say it SILVER ,but time is catching up with us . Sooner or later we will all have to buy new rides (due to the fact we have so many SVX'S that are in major neglect) It will end up to be having parts made from scratch and will outway the cost of keeping our cars ! Keep the fatith though that technolgy will make custom parts at less exspense so we can keep our Subies forever JUst a note I still love the crisp lines of the B11 and I promise If they make it and I buy it ,I would never trade in my SVX!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94svxred
Sorry to say it SILVER ,but time is catching up with us . Sooner or later we will all have to buy new rides (due to the fact we have so many SVX'S that are in major neglect) It will end up to be having parts made from scratch and will outway the cost of keeping our cars ! Keep the fatith though that technolgy will make custom parts at less exspense so we can keep our Subies forever JUst a note I still love the crisp lines of the B11 and I promise If they make it and I buy it ,I would never trade in my SVX!
Nice to hear that, from my part, if i think later of buying it, the first think i will do is change that d*mn grille !!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Nice to hear that, from my part, if i think later of buying it, the first think i will do is change that d*mn grille !!!
The aftermarket is loving that grill
Old 08-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Jayahalasi

I spoke to a Subaru salesman the other day about the b11s (and what I'm Assuming is the B9 Scrambler). He Said that the B11 Was Supposedly Lined up for production as a 2008 car (release of april/may 2007). details he gave on the car were ofcourse AWD H6 (Not the current one but an H6 none-the-less) Twin Turbo Hybrid putting out Approx. 420 hp (300 Gas/120 elec.) with a calculated 0-60 time of 4.3 sec. while still getting an amazing 40+ Highway miles tot he gallon.

Now Granted this info does not come at any GREAT Authority but it sound slike it's shaping up to be one Nice car.

Also said the the next car coming out is the Scrambler as a 2007 model car...

http://www.asahi.com/car/tokyo2003/p...scrambler.html

2.0 liter Hybrid 240-260hp 2seater convertible.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Check out the Imprezza Subaru will be showing at the upcoming Frankfort Auto Show. I see a trend here.
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 08-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Replacing the SVX? After putting another couple of hundred miles on the old gal over the weekend, I have to say:

There is no replacement for the SVX.

dcb
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
Replacing the SVX? After putting another couple of hundred miles on the old gal over the weekend, I have to say:

There is no replacement for the SVX.

dcb
I agree .There will never be another like the SVX ,But the B911 comes in as a nice RUNNER-UP
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
During the short but still none the less History of Subaru making sports coupes, one was never really quite the other, except for the coef of the SVX and XT. Not to mention how the SVX and XT6 plus both use some form of the H6 but other than that there is not much in common.

In other words, the B11S will be the B11S, just like the SVX is not a newer version of the XT. Even though I wouldn't of minded if it took some cues from its predesessors.

Does it have a .29 or less coeficient?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Does it have a .29 or less coeficient?
Considering the Japanese people practically tower over the thing, I'm gonna have to say probably.
I believe the B11 is the culmination of subtracting everything that went wrong with the Alcyones.
And myself being a XT SVX enthusiast and owner x4 I hope the B11 comes under the Alcyone badge. It would be a worthy descendant imo.

The hybrid part of the equation is new to me. Downside is the power is probably overrated but the huge upside is I won't have to settle on the Scrambler because I want a hybrid Subaru and I want it yesterday.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 AM

Come on you guys We here all know there is no real (and will never be)replacement for the SVX . It is a one of a kind marvel from SUBARU at the time! But lets be honest you all know that the b911 is what SUBARU is thinking of with this car and jumping back into the sports car sector! Lets not kid ourselves Call it what you want but I bet If you ask Subaru engineers? They well tell you this is our next SVX!