SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-23-2005, 07:19 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
subaruparts.com

Do you think it might be a good idea to request an svx network discount in their suggestion box upon placing orders? I've been doing that in the hopes that someone actually reads them.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 07-25-2005, 04:34 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
I would be in favor of that......although there is quite a discount compared to the prices the dealerships charge already.

It would benefit me definately if they can eliminate shipping charges.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:34 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
It nevery hurts to ask

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Old 07-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
www.1stsubaruparts.com Is cheeper then www.subaruparts.com

I have orderd from both and had no trouble.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
Thanks for the link, I'm a creature of habit and subaruparts.com is easy to remember.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
I would be in favor of that......although there is quite a discount compared to the prices the dealerships charge already.

It would benefit me definately if they can eliminate shipping charges.
Liberty charges actual shipping. PLUS they're actually good with customer service!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
I'm not happy with Subaruparts' fixed percentage rate on shipping. However, they've been excellent with me in the past. Trish is very hard to get a hold of on the phone and you can forget about emailing her at Subaruparts!

I'll try 1stsubaruparts next time...

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Don't forget that Langston Subaru (412-371-2707) gives SVX Network members a 25% diccount off list and actual shipping. Check with Adrien or Brian in parts departrment.

They were at Reading V, check this thread HERE

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 07-27-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
On my Landcruiser forum, the parts manager at one of the dealers is also an active member in the forum. Consequently, we all enjoy a nice price point and a vast amount of knowledge from this particular member. Anytime you need to order parts for a project, he'll tell you the part numbers and prices, right down to the nuts and bolts.

Is there such a member in this forum who also works at a parts counter at a Subi dealer? I think we have a couple of subi techs but don't of any parts persons. Obviously, certain dealers seem to have a better pricing structure even though every dealer is pulling from the same master warehouse.

Case in point, I did a search on my a/c condenser. I called the local dealer, Langston, and subaruparts...all said that there's only one left in the country and all had the same exact list price. Langston didn't offer any discount to me but maybe that's because I didn't know the magic password! So I ended up buying it from Subaruparts. I found this to be true with my Landcruiser parts as well. They all hit the same database of some sort but the two dealers that give us the best price also happen to have the same exact price point! I think Liberty and Subaruparts seem to have the same price point as well.

I wonder:
-can any dealers offer the same discount?
-why are Subaruparts, Langston and Liberty able to offer better pricing than my local? Is it due to volume?
-why can't my freaking local dealer offer the same discount? Those rat bastards could have my money long time ago if this was the case!

Sorry about the rattle....!

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E
Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I've been pretty happy with subaruparts.com's customer service, plus they're the only ones who have supported us with an online parts lookup site. Personally, I don't mind paying a few extra percent for everything. A discount might encourage me to buy more, but I doubt I'll jump ship or rip them off by using their online reference and ordering somewhere else.

KuoH
Old 07-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
See my thread HERE

Not only are there different list prices between dealers, there are different parts prices within the same dealership, dependent on whether the parts go out over-the-counter or through the service department.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 06-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Re: subaruparts.com

Does Langston still give the Network discount?

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
Does Langston still give the Network discount?

Dustin

Call Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. She is our wholesale dist. and gives the network good prices as well... Subarupartsgirl on the forum here but call here at (443) 837- 1422 tell her you are a subaru-svx.net member

Tom
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Call Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. She is our wholesale dist. and gives the network good prices as well... Subarupartsgirl on the forum here but call here at (443) 837- 1422 tell her you are a subaru-svx.net member

Tom
Awesome! Thanks!

Dustin

Update: Sat on hold for 10+ mins, finally hung up. Will call later.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 06-27-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 PM
SVX Owner

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post

Tom
Jackie has always been able to beat our local stealership, subaruparts.com, and 1stsubaruparts.com - even with shipping. She has even held a part for my wife's car so she could ship a part for mine in the same package in order to save shipping cost. She will ship direct to your mechanic also.

Best to call as she doesn't check email often.
'99 Outback SUS, 2.5L, Winestone (Burgundy/Gray) [Daughter Killed it]
'02 Outback SUS VDC, 3.0L, Green/Gray [Spouse's; Died at 500,000+]
'18 Legacy w/eyesight, Blue [Spouse's]
'94 Subaru Sambar KS-4, White [Farm UTV]
'94 Ford Ranger Extended Cab, Tomato Red