Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Kiteless

Huh, I never noticed that. I will wait to get it fixed as soon as I get new tires for it. WIll be low priority now. Well I bought it, got a 2 year 24K warranty for it too for 1k. I think it was a grand well spent.

The fact that you hadf it flushed and the tranny died makes me worry though. But if I where to do it now would be the time. I think I will wait till next weekend though, because I want to give plenty pf time to get to know the car and also hear your guys feedback on getting the tranny flushed.

Man she rides really smooth, but there is a liiitle rattle from what sounds like the back right tire. Will have my shop (The one I always go to "my") take a look at it for me this weekend so I can work out a game plan as to the repair path and what all needs to get done to it, starting with the high priority items first, then move onto cosmetic stuff after I get it a basic alarm (with keyless entry of course).

Forgot to test the cruise control will do that on the way home. The drive train though is I think this cars strongest point, engine feels really strong and smooth and you can barely hear it idling. EVen had some of the tuner cars looking at me. Hehe. But I was being easy on it like I am with all my cars.

It is only costing me a bout 160 dollars to keep my station wagon insured, so I think I will keep it for a little while. It is good for hauling stuff anyway.

As always feedback welcome. Thanks,

- Kiteless

P.S. - Still plan on trying to get some pics posted later after I get off work.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Certified Porschephile

I bought a 48 month/48k warranty for $1300 or so that had a $100 deductible per visit, not per reapir. I traded the car in with 10 months left on the warranty and got $258 dollars back for early termination, even though they picked up over $4600 in repairs.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
move_right

Unhappy jealous

so jealous. so, so, so....

I'm probably 1-2 months from my pilgramidge to svx AWD greatness. did I spell pilgramidge right? I'm not a college grad... I'm a former marine which doesn't speak of my intelligence however I can fix anything car related... my only claim to fame other than the fact that I'm married and still get laid..(is that too graphic for this site?) (moderators spring to action if necessary)

man I want one, man oh man!

I can see myself now, red, tan leather, window tint, a mild stereo setup(something really crisp), valentine1 radar detector...... mmmmmmm.... 5mt swap... mmmm...... nitrous....... supercharger......

damnit.

Last edited by move_right; 06-14-2005 at 06:17 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Who watches the watchmen?

Welcome to SVX ownership. I think you have the best model/color available. Of course I also happen to own a 95 blue L model.

If ever need major work done on your SVX ,the best Subaru dealership in the Bay Area is in Santa Cruz. Pretty far from you, but they know what they are doing. I know a couple of guys who live in the North Bay and go there for the big stuff.

BTW, I get together every month or so for a mini-meet with a friend who has a black 97 LSi. Well, it's actaully to grab a beer, but we do bring our SVXs. If you are interested in attending the next "beer-meet", let me know.

-Matt
Old 06-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Kiteless

Hey thanks. Yeah I would be interested. I need to get a little more work to it before I drive it too much. Got a few issues that I want to ask the board about. Right now I do not feel comfortable getting rid og my old car yet. Infact while I drive the SVX I may perminantly keep my old car, it is paid off anf with 2 cars on my policy it is costing me next to nothing to insure my old car.

But damn, when I drive that SVX, the smooth rev of the 6Cyl and then just to see what she has, I put the pedal to the floor, the POWER light comes on and VROOOOOM! Wow, I love it, this is my first 6Cyl. So while I am a little upset that this car has some problems, I consiter this my project car anyway so will see.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
DO NOT FLUSH THE TRANNY! My 94 LSi was running great when I had it flushed.

Im not going to say I totaly disagree with PA on this, however I will point out that there are plenty of people who flush their tranny's and never have a problem afterward. I would guess it would depend on how often it was done prior, and how hard you drive the car. To flush or not to flush is going to boil down to whether or not you are willing to risk the tranny going or not, but if you know it has been done on a regular basis prior to you owning it, then doing the flush probably won't cause any harm.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:29 PM

When buying an older car like the svx a warranty is always a no brainer. That extra peace of mind is worth it. A new tranny costs over $3,000 and they last on average no more than 100k. My dad paid $1200 for a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, it's well worth it. Good find, I live in Redding, a few hours north of you
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Is that a FWD model or an AWD? Nice find and good luck!

Tom
Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Homo Sapien Superior

Sounds like a good deal. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
....holy old thread...
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-05-2007, 06:47 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Yeah, that wasnt a bad looking L model. Did he ever sell it?