How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-02-2002, 12:02 AM
Green1995SVX

A friend in need of help...

A friend of mine has been trying to post on the board here for a while, and has been having computer difficulties, so he asked me to make a post for him. Below is the post he asked me to make. I should preface this with the fact that the dealer has offered to buy the car back...
~~~~~~~~

Well I just got the dreaded "new svx trans repair" and belive me it was a nightmare. IT was still under dealer warranty but the repair was a neccesity so they agreed to go for a new one or an all SOA rebuilt parts and such. I pushed for a SOA reman for days and days continuosly blown off because SOA is really no different from the generic one. I was frustrated they wouldnt listen and were goin to put in a trans they were getting for under a $1000 and the whole job for about $1500 when i was fully aware that a SOA tranny goes for about $2300. I cant image that the parts are the same if one is $1500 more than the other but the garage repeatedly criticized me that they work on these cars "all the time." obviouslly they dont... they started with just being cheap-o-s and going with the insurance comp and trying to rebuilt with generic parts, quoted 3-4 days. 2 WEEKS LATER without my SVX they call and say they are having major problems and it is dropping to nuetral when the gas pedal is recessed in 3rd. idiots. they spent a few more days trying to fix it and then just ordered some generic 4EAT trans for like $850 and put it in. THis is about a month after they started to work on it. Drive it home, smoke is pouring out every crack and opening from the engine even into the cabin. The trans case is cracked, bad. Take it back up and they say they will call me next week! Ive had it , I want my SVX back and to be done with this. Heres the best part, i call to see how it is coming along and they are just going to weld the case together. Good idea... now i have learned by a slip of the tounge from a person from the insurance company that the trans was already slopply tampered with before but i was under the impression it was original. This probably casued some of the difficulty in the swap and rebuilding but this is out of control. Should I keep this car because i am almost certain more tranny problems with come up and i would rather no return to this miserable garage. WHat a mess but thanks for any advice.
~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, if y'all could just reply to the thread with the helpfull guidance you are all so good with, both andrew and I would be greatly appreciative.

-Mike

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 02-02-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Take the buy back money from the dealer and give him the car. Take the money and search for a new SVX.

Larry III
Old 02-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Take the buy back money from the dealer and give him the car. Take the money and search for a new SVX.

Larry III
Agreed. It sounds as though they have put their hands on many things and who knows how many more items are now 'intercoursed' up.

Beav
Old 02-02-2002, 05:24 PM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav

Agreed. It sounds as though they have put their hands on many things and who knows how many more items are now 'intercoursed' up.

Beav
Couldn't agree more with Larry iii & Beav!

Randy (About to go through the tranny replacement) ii
Old 02-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Lowered SVX

you should definitely distance......

yourself from that car. it is a ticking bomb. nagging svx problems = really expensive repair bills.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-10-2002, 06:18 AM
Kamaleon

clear head lights? YES!

Hey, my head lights are as dull as they can be. When ever someone has them ready let me know i would pay a reasonable amount (i dont wanna sell my organs) for a set.

and.. how can i change the middle portion betwwen the head lights? grille or something more simple/stylish
Old 03-10-2002, 06:20 AM
Kamaleon

clear head lights

I mean, when someone has or can get "clear head lights" give me a ring. and the corner lights are nto gettign any clear??
Old 03-11-2002, 10:24 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
First off, I'll make it unanimous on the return of the car. They are obviously a crap outfit. You should have plenty to choose from in your area. Just be patient.

Secondly, "Kam" what in the hell are you talking about? Would you like for me to move your posts to the correct thread?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Kamaleon

sorry, wrong post

this belongs to an other thread, they were discussin on making clear headlight..