How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-01-2003, 03:15 PM
svxinindy

Question New wheels

I'm thinking of purchasing some aftermarket wheels, as the stock wheels have some scrapes and fading. I plan to stay with 16" wheels. One concern I have is ride quality. I would like to retain the ride quality of the original wheels. I was looking at the Discount Tire website, and the site specifies that many wheels will work on the SVX, yet some of the offset of the recommended wheels is quite different from stock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:49 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: New wheels

Quote:
Originally posted by svxinindy
I'm thinking of purchasing some aftermarket wheels, as the stock wheels have some scrapes and fading. I plan to stay with 16" wheels. One concern I have is ride quality. I would like to retain the ride quality of the original wheels. I was looking at the Discount Tire website, and the site specifies that many wheels will work on the SVX, yet some of the offset of the recommended wheels is quite different from stock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you're happy with the style of the stock wheels, I'd suggest getting a set of refurbished ones if you want 16" wheels. As far as specs go, the stock wheels are very nice. They are light (19 lbs), wide (a little over 7.5" wide), and they have the proper offset for the SVX. You won't find another 16" rim with these specs at a reasonable price.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:41 PM
nnjsvx

Just bought a used 94 and had the wheels re-powder coated and they came out great. They were pretty poor with rust and bubbles and center caps were terrible. Wheels ran $144 each. I got new center caps @ $30 ea and color match was perfect. I did see earlier post that "Plasti-Kote Import Color paint code “Datsun 5412” matches the 94 silver wheels perfectly" if you want to try yourself. I kept the old center caps for future use just in case.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I plan to stay with 16" wheels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
may i humbly suggest these, which i just happen to have off my svx and happen to have for sale:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=11801

if you're interested, send a private message. thx.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe

Quote:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Go Bigger and watch how the SVX will transform.... trust me. You really won't sacrafice the ride quality.