Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Gm

Hi Lee, I think the Japenese car Co's just go wild over GM. They own Suzuki, Isuzu, 20% of FHI, and have coproduction deal with Toyota for cars(New United Manuf.) in Ca. and an engine deal with Honda. I think GM would be in serious trouble business wise if the DUMB Japenese had not pitched in snd helped out the beast. No you didn't begin to be tough on GM. Take care BOBB
Old 04-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
On a side note, GM is responsible for some of the ugliest things driving around: Aztek, Avalanche, Monte Carlo, the new Cavalier, the Sunfire, the Buick Rendevous,

oh yeah, also the most BORING line up of any marque: BUICK. I'd rather have a freaking razor scooter than a new buick. BLECH. Talk about coma-inducing.

- Rob
Old 04-16-2003, 12:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
The Monte Carlo is truly an ugly car. Wow. I mean, The Aztek is ugly in a ponderous sort of way. But the Monte Carlo is a different kind of ugly - it literally pisses me off every time I see one.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-16-2003, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
But the Monte Carlo is a different kind of ugly - it literally pisses me off every time I see one.

kinda like a Neon...

sorry Rob, had to say it

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

GM

Hey Bobb! Don't forget about the Korean connection with GM now. Daowoo's as Suzuki's and Chevys!
Old 04-16-2003, 02:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I wouldn't consider the Neon an inspiring design either, but Chrysler does have some good designs and even better concepts. I'd love to see the Copperhead, Chronos, Phaeton, or the Hemi 300C actually make it to production. If the car manufacturers keep turning out these jellybean cars, I'm going to start riding the bus.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
kinda like a Neon...

sorry Rob, had to say it
Old 04-16-2003, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh
I wouldn't consider the Neon an inspiring design either, but Chrysler does have some good designs and even better concepts. I'd love to see the Copperhead, Chronos, Phaeton, or the Hemi 300C actually make it to production. If the car manufacturers keep turning out these jellybean cars, I'm going to start riding the bus.

KuoH

i agree...but if some designs come out like the ones i saw at the jacobjabben center last year....i will buy old cars for the rest of my life

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:12 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh

KuoH

Chrysler/Dodge makes some nice LOOKING cars, but unfortunately under the pretty sheetmetal is some unreliable sheet.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The Monte Carlo is truly an ugly car. Wow. I mean, The Aztek is ugly in a ponderous sort of way. But the Monte Carlo is a different kind of ugly - it literally pisses me off every time I see one.
HAHAHA ME TOO MAN! Here is why it pisses me off: IT IS POORLY DESIGNED. I assume GM had like 3 seperate teams working on this car... one team did the headlights and grill... the other team did the taillights... and another team did the body. ANd guess what? THE THREE TEAMS NEVER TALKED TO EACH OTHER. Everything is so mismatched on that car it makes me feel violent when I see one. ARGH.

- Rob
Old 04-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
kinda like a Neon...

sorry Rob, had to say it

Kelli
Everyone can have opinions, but I think the design of the neon coupe is GREAT. Super clean looking, a forward pillar between the side windows gives it a more aggressive look, a slight (extremely) bulge around the rear wheel well area, and a continuation of the bumper guards that breaks up the door and bumpers nicely. The only part I HATED about 1st gen neons was the interior... namely the defrost vent. Man that was ugly. :|

- Rob
Old 04-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

Chrysler/Dodge makes some nice LOOKING cars, but unfortunately under the pretty sheetmetal is some unreliable sheet.
How do you figure? I drove my last car hard for 85,000 miles, had no problems. I know quite a few neons (some even boosted) with over 150,000 miles. A few over 200,000 miles. I really believe it's not really the car, but the owner. Look at my SVX. It runs great. It has 144k on it. HOwever, I've seen some SVXs that run like crap, had beat up interiors, and had tranny problems. Why? Their owners didn't take care of them very well.

- Rob
Old 04-16-2003, 05:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
And the new Saab....

The new Saab 9-2 for the US market will be made by FHI and based on the Impreza.

http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/news/pr.../03_04_16e.htm

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 04-16-2003, 05:51 PM
alacrity024

Re: And the new Saab....

Quote:
Originally posted by paddlesnz
The new Saab 9-2 for the US market will be made by FHI and based on the Impreza.
now here's where i'm a little curious.. the first time i heard of this, i assumed that saab would simply rebadge a wrx and give it a leather interior..

now it looks like the 9-2 might get its own body and just roll on an impreza chassis..

but what about the motor? will we see a saab with a pancake motor? that'd be pretty neat, i'll admit.. but i kind of like the "affordable boxer" as a subaru-exclusive thing..

-adam
Old 04-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

consolidation

Hi SVX'ers, I'm afraid the world wide consolidation in the automotive business can only lead to more bad product coming down the line. Ask the Firebird and Camaro owners how GM took their concerns to heart. A Subaru with the Chevy name. An Impreza badged as a Saab. GM has no clue about owner loyalty and the sad truth is 50 years from now no one will remember. They all will be looking forward to the new 2054 Suby-Saab-Chevy. take care BOBB
Old 04-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

P.S.

Want to have a nightmare? Think what our cars would be like if GM had designed them. BOBB