How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-04-2002, 03:01 PM
alacrity024

Angry 2x Flat...

So I went snowboarding today. I headed to the mountain at about 8:40 and got there around 9:15. Pretty good conditions and no lift lines. I love riding on weekdays. Anyway, on the way home I had to stop for gas (even though I hear you can pull 350 miles out of a tank, I always fill up at 300 miles or the E, whichever comes first..)

So I tank up and pull out of the gas station..

"Hmm.. should my car be puling to the right and making a flapping noise? Better get out and check.."

sure enough, front-right was deflated completely.

%*#$!!!!!!!!

turned around, hobbled 100 feet back to the gas station (praying that my rim stayed true) and jacked up the car. My trunk was full of snowboard, so it took a lot of cursing and screaming before I finally managed to coerce the spare out of its hiding place along with my torque wrench and sockets..

Pulled the tire off.. the inside sidewall had a good 3-inch gash on it. I'm a ^%&@ing idiot for running them so bald for so long. Put the spare on, tightened the bolts, and set her down..

*hisssssssss*

oh you've got to be mother$*&^ing joking.

*hisssssssssssssssssss*

you can't be #(@^ing serious.

*hissssss*

jacked it back up, went inside the gas station and bought a can of fix-a-flat. followed the directions. the tire did not inflate. called my roommate who was 30 minutes away and he came and picked me up. we took the spare to a service station where the nice man looked at me like i was (#*$ing insane after I told him what I'd done.

apparently a can of fix-a-flat is only good for about 18 psi. a flat spare needs a good 60 pounds of pressure to properly inflate... well he re-inflated the spare and so far so good.. i have an appointment tomorrow to get 4 new snows mounted for about $280.. michelin winter something-or-others.. i don't care.. they're cheap and new.

just venting..

-adam