Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-02-2002, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
attack of the shoping cart

over the weekend, some jack !@# ether ran a shoping cart or slamed the door on my right rear quarter pannel,, made a nice size fist size dent in it, verry noticable..

people have no respect these days,, so now im forking out 80.00 for a dentless repair guy to come out and fix it,, 6 months ago i spent over 300.00 getting ever little ding and dent pulled out, the car is perfect in body shape,, im really anal abought dents and dings, i want my car to look like its show room new and it does =>

sorry for the complaining,, so guys wach where u park,, and look out for the shoping carts,
Old 12-02-2002, 03:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
That completely sucks! Let me know how the dent puller guy does. Doesn't that technique only work if the metal in the dent is completely crimp free?

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:47 PM

One thing that I make sure I do when I go shopping anywhere is, to park my car as far away from every other car as possible. Luckily, I havent gotten any dings or dents. Theeeeeeeee worst place to park in a parking lot is, WALMART!!!!! It seems as if the people who shop at this store have a total lack of respect for anybody and their cars. It dosent matter which city your from, WALMART shoppers are the worst, when it comes to putting their carts back in that little cart return thing.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:55 PM
FifthElement

I do my best to park as far away from other cars as is possible. My gf is very amused by it, but better safe than sorry! Unfortunately, even I have suffered a door ding or two. Not much you can do, such is life.

You just gotta keep on keeping on.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:57 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Wal-Mart

Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
It dosent matter which city your from, WALMART shoppers are the worst, when it comes to putting their carts back in that little cart return thing.
I can vouch for this statement. I've observed people at Wal-Mart who push the cart away from their car in no apparent direction. Our parking lot is slanted however so the stupid ones end up smacking their own cars with the carts, one car had a cart literally wedged under it's bumper. The cart coralls are there for a three reasons 1. if you need a cart in the parking lot you know where they are, 2. it keeps them from dinging people's doors, 3. it makes the cart pushers job a hell of a lot easier. So do yourself and everyone else a favor and just put the things in their corall.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-02-2002, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FifthElement
I do my best to park as far away from other cars as is possible. My gf is very amused by it, but better safe than sorry! Unfortunately, even I have suffered a door ding or two. Not much you can do, such is life.

You just gotta keep on keeping on.
One of my tactics is to park between two cars where there is plenty of space between the car on either side of me and to do so when both cars are very expensive and look like the owners care as much for them as I do mine. If I see a space between a couple of beaters I avoid it like the plague.

Old 12-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
One of my tactics is to park between two cars where there is plenty of space between the car on either side of me and to do so when both cars are very expensive and look like the owners care as much for them as I do mine. If I see a space between a couple of beaters I avoid it like the plague.

Nice plan, Johnny; except these upper-crust mobiles can pull out 3 minutes after you've tucked the SVX betwixt'em. In pulls the '76 Buick Electra & the '72 Dodge work van. Only cure is to park in the next zip code, or hang out boat bumpers.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:14 PM

Re: Wal-Mart

I used to work at grocery store. I'd often have the job of brining the carts back into the store. So I was outside in the lot quite a bit. What I've observed is the following:
1. Most people don't make an effort to return their cart to the parking lot cart holder.
2. Most people aren't careful when pushing their cart close to other people's cars.
3. A significant number of people push their cart off in any direction, giving to sh*ts less about where it ends up.
4. People don't care where the corner of their door ends up when they open it to get out of their vehicle. (I had my last car dinged quite badly at the store I worked at, even when I was inside it!)

This is America! Welcome people.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Lightbulb Boat fenders!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Nice plan, Johnny; except these upper-crust mobiles can pull out 3 minutes after you've tucked the SVX betwixt'em. In pulls the '76 Buick Electra & the '72 Dodge work van. Only cure is to park in the next zip code, or hang out boat bumpers.

Ron.

With SVX logo's....!!!!! I'll start right away
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I've always thought buoys would be helpful, if rather unattractive.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
well i had it pulled out yesterday ,, it costed me 120.oo he charged 45 for the drivers door wich had 3 little tiny dings in it,,

they charge per pannel to remove the dents,,

to say the least the car looks like it just drove off the show room floor not a single flaw in the body ,,

but u still kinida see the dent,, but i guess it cant be 100% again, u have to be like a foot away to even slightly tell ,, i guess i can see it cause i know its there,

i would have to agreee walmart is the worst shoping place to park,, the place where i got hit was at sams,, wich is owned bye wallmart go figure,, =<
Old 12-03-2002, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Ron.
I only do it when I know I will be in and out really quick. It's a gamble but it's part of the challenge!

Old 12-03-2002, 01:42 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
well i had it pulled out yesterday ,, it costed me 120.oo he charged 45 for the drivers door wich had 3 little tiny dings in it,,

they charge per pannel to remove the dents,,

to say the least the car looks like it just drove off the show room floor not a single flaw in the body ,,

but u still kinida see the dent,, but i guess it cant be 100% again, u have to be like a foot away to even slightly tell ,, i guess i can see it cause i know its there,

i would have to agreee walmart is the worst shoping place to park,, the place where i got hit was at sams,, wich is owned bye wallmart go figure,, =<
Try $780 for a hit-and-run on my wife's new Volvo. Both driver's side doors need refinishing. Life on earth isn't fair. That's why I'm looking forward to a better place when this is all over. (Maranatha!)
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-03-2002, 01:56 PM

If I knew it was so cheap to get dings pulled out, I'd have done it a long time ago. $300.00? That's pocket change. I thought it was like $1000.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:19 PM
greg

I got a ding allright...$2,332.16 worth of a ding from a semi. And to make it worse, the truck company offered me $800.00. Talk about life not being fair...

-G