Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-30-2002, 12:56 PM

Exclamation door troubles

my drivers side door doesnt shut all the way unless you slam it but even then it doesnt really shut completely. when you open it from point to point as it gets wider it clicks. any help would be appreciated.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 09-30-2002, 01:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: door troubles

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
my drivers side door doesnt shut all the way unless you slam it but even then it doesnt really shut completely. when you open it from point to point as it gets wider it clicks. any help would be appreciated.
Mine sorta 'clicks' as it opens, too (look at the slide in the door on the hinge side - it has notches to hold it open), but I don't have a problem keeping it closed. Did the catch on the door frame get knocked out of alignment?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-30-2002, 02:06 PM

My driver's side door(when it's closed) has never lined up with the other paneling on the left side of the car. At first, I was inclined to believe that my car was in an accident and the owner neglected to tell me about it. However, I then came to think that something must get bent or worn over time as the door has been opened and closed. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it's a theory of mine.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:13 PM
I_Alcyone_I

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
My driver's side door(when it's closed) has never lined up with the other paneling on the left side of the car. At first, I was inclined to believe that my car was in an accident and the owner neglected to tell me about it. However, I then came to think that something must get bent or worn over time as the door has been opened and closed. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it's a theory of mine.
Mine is the same, but my car has been in an accident. I figured it was just because of the accident, it probobly is.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I seem to see some damage on the trailing edge of the driver side door. Perhaps the door was forced closed with something stuck between the door and frame or someone tried to pry it open?

KuoH
Old 09-30-2002, 06:58 PM
I_Alcyone_I

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
Are you saying that my car may have been in an accident? I checked out carfax and nothing came up, but I know carfax isn't entirely accurate. I may be a paranoid here, but it drives like a car that's had a frame pull done on it, and I've had two of those so I know what it's like. Isn't it illegal to sell someone a car and not tell them about something like this? I can take some pictures later and post them.
Sorry about asking questions in someone elses thread, but this concerns me.
To keep the post on topic, I pmed you.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh
I seem to see some damage on the trailing edge of the driver side door. Perhaps the door was forced closed with something stuck between the door and frame or someone tried to pry it open?

KuoH
That could be a possibility that I never thought of. I attributed the rough edge to the door hitting objects as it was opened over time. Anyway, I reposted this question in my own thread and removed my old posts to keep the topic of this thread on key.
Thanks.