SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Look where the good SVX drivers live.

Stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

AutoVantage, an automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance, also listed Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Boston among the top five cities for rude driving.

Minneapolis, Nashville, St. Louis, Seattle and Atlanta were rated as the cities with the most courteous drivers, who were less likely to change lanes without signaling or swear at other motorists.

Associated Press 05/16/2006
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 05-16-2006, 02:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I have acheived the best mileage in my SVX while traveling at a consistent speed. I was able to drive, pretty much unimpeded, at 75-80mph on a long drive several years ago. I don't remember the exact figure I posted, but I believe it was a little over 30mpg.

That's not to say that driving fast is the trick - consistent speed is.

30+mpg was definitely anomalous - I haven't seen a figure like that since then, but I don't drive my SVX much any more. I only go through a couple tanks of gas a year in it. Still, I think it shows what you can do if you just let the car maintain a consistent speed.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

It's so hard to drive on major roads for a variety of reasons. The worst are tailgaters and those with Jeff Gordon fantasy. Even at 80 trucks will climb up your bumper. Some people tailgate so close that you cant see clearly enough into your right lane to get out of their way. Nightime is even worse. SUV's headlights hit blind you -- so do people with those halogen lights. Last night was kinda funny, this stupid Brooklyn kid in a dented Caravan rides my tail and then passes me and gives me a dirty look -- like, hey you have an SVX and can't drive faster? Of course I could, but it was on a bad road, with awful conditions, and traffic -- so what's the point? I was thinking at the time that it was no surprise his car was dented.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
30+mpg was definitely anomalous - I haven't seen a figure like that since then, but I don't drive my SVX much any more.
I've been tracking my fuel consumption closely since the hurricane Katrina fuel price spike and once achieved just a tick over 30 MPG on an interstate highway run at... ahem, early Sunday morning Atlanta highway speeds, so it's definitely doable with no extraordinary effort. 27-29 MPG highwway is typical for me; overall average 21+. I think that's outstanding economy for this car.

dcb