Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-21-2003, 02:45 AM

Registered SVX
Mike, I have again checked the wiring diagram but I come up against a blank wall as the MPFI & A/C units are simply shown as black boxes. I need to know what is inside them.

I still suspect the water temp. sensor or the related wiring. How do we know you have not been supplied a dud sensor. This can and does happen. I am sure I gave you advice earlier in the thread re checking the resistance cold which is when the fans should be stopped. Yes did here it is : --

[ If you have an ohm meter you can check it. When cold and unplugged the resistance across the two terminals should measure between 2000 & 3000 ohms. If the resistance is much lower than this you have found your problem.]

This is your next job.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Sorry so long, I took a break on the fan for a couple of days,My radiator blew out again. I have to get a new one and make sure there is no air pockets in the system, I picked up a new thermostat yesterday. I think you might be right about the cts trevor I checked for codes today and got 11, 21, 31, 33, 34 thats I believe a TPS, EGR, CTS, left o2, vehicle speed sensor, damn, ok I have a few bad sensors I'm workin on it. How can you tell if they are old or new codes I reset it after the new CTS and the code still comes I checked the resistance and it's ok.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 10-21-2003, 11:03 PM

Registered SVX
Hi yet again Mike.

You do have problems, but don't jump to conclusions and spend lots of money at this stage. Take it one by one and you will get there.

Stay with logic and try to trace the sequence of events. There has to be a cause.

Best of luck, Trevor *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!