Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-02-2003, 07:06 AM
calmone

you could trust me to put your money in with you. hell, at the very least i'de put a check in there to cover what i borrowed.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Depending on the amount of money, two words: Subaru Dealership. And a Subaru aftermarket parts and accesories store to keep the dealership from getting lonely.
Meh. Subaru has a lot of lame cars though.

Here's a better idea: ANTI ACCORD dealership.

They'd sell STis, modded WRXs, SVXs, SRT4s, Evos, Vettes, Vipers, Musclecars, rally car projects, autocross projects, bikes, SVT vehicles, etc.

That'd be HELLA sweet.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Simple

I would spend more time with my children

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 10-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Meh. Subaru has a lot of lame cars though.

Here's a better idea: ANTI ACCORD dealership.

They'd sell STis, modded WRXs, SVXs, SRT4s, Evos, Vettes, Vipers, Musclecars, rally car projects, autocross projects, bikes, SVT vehicles, etc.

That'd be HELLA sweet.
No offense, but your not someone who should be commenting on peoples taste in cars, Neon-boy.

Personally, I love all Subarus, from the Brat to the Baja, and everything in between. My reason in opening a dealership is out of love for the cars, and the fact that the closest Subaru dealer is about 1/2hr from here, and the whole place is nothing con artist a-holes, seriously. The next closest dealer is more than an hour away, and their not much better. It's hard to find a good dealership of any kind in Maine.

As for the "accessory shop" I mentioned, what I really meant accessories, motorsports, and tuning strictly for Subarus, old or new, right in the dealership. I already have a few ideas for a couple special edition tuned Subarus.

As for you other ideas, Mitsubishis and Fords suck, no way. There is not market in Maine for Vipers, Vettes, or Musclecars, and I'm just not into bikes, I know nothing about them and don't really care to.

And just to add to my business plan, I'd use the profits from the dealership to open a Hooters in Maine. We don't have one here, and I've never been to one. It's really depressing.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 10-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:

No offense, but your not someone who should be commenting on peoples taste in cars, Neon-boy.

hahahaha he said "Neon-boy"!!!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:15 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I would build a modest but nice home on 10+ acres in the country with a horse stable for my wife so she could ride. For myself, the only work I would do at first would be puttering around in the 5+ car garage I would build along with the connected, fully equiped machine shop. There I would spend my time, when not with the kids, fabricating my own parts for whatever vehicle I decided to mod/restore/build at the time.

I would go to work after I won if only to say my peace.

I would also probably end up opening my own coffee/book shop and would have someone else run it for me once I got it setup and running.

I would live off of the interest my winnings would earn and let the rest build for my kids (trying not to touch the principal). My family would go on many vacations and my kids would be educated by experiencing the world first-hand.

I would sit back on my porch and watch my kids playing in the yard with a smile on my lips and tears of joy in my eyes while thinking about how I need not worry how I will come up with grocery money, pay the rent, pay for their college, say 'no' to them at the store, or what a financial burden I will be to them when I am old.

They say money cannot buy happiness. That may be true in a literal sense, but what it can buy, when managed wisely, is peace of mind, freedom from worry, and the chance to sit on the front porch, without any cares, with a smile on your face and a tear in your eye while watching your children laugh and play. Nothing could make me happier.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I'd start a Tranny Fund for SVXers.

My accountants (Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, Inc.) inform me that it's tax deductible.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 10-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny

They say money cannot buy happiness. That may be true in a literal sense, but what it can buy, when managed wisely, is peace of mind, freedom from worry, and the chance to sit on the front porch, without any cares, with a smile on your face and a tear in your eye while watching your children laugh and play. Nothing could make me happier.
Quote of the Millenium!!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxqueen
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CigarJohnny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the Millenium!!

I second that
Old 10-03-2003, 12:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Since you asked...

I was looking up reference for a project at work when I found this:

http://www.ships-for-sale.com/aircraft_carrier.htm

It simply never occured to me that, if I had the resources, I could buy a friggin' aircraft carrier.

But that'd have to be it. Crap, I could take all my cars around the world with me and autocross them on the flight deck. I'd use the hangar space when it was too windy.

That's it. I'm sold. I want an aircraft carrier.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:

Yeah, actually I should. See, I, unlike you, am not biased towards one marque or another. I'm a true automobile ENTHUSIAST, and I like or dislike certain cars, regardless of who made them, where they were produced, or what people think of them. The neon, I like because it's one of the best handling FWD cars ever made, its cheap, and it has a peppy powerplant. You cannot appreciate these things because your view is jaded and filtered through a gigantic subaru symbol.

Quote:
As for you other ideas, Mitsubishis and Fords suck, no way.
See above comment. I, unlike you, realize that most fords are boring, but what an incredible car the Contour SVT is. Great suspension, snickety snick shifter, extrude honed engine, recaro leather seats, mmmm nice ride. Mitsu Galant Vr4. Another incredible car.

Quote:
There is not market in Maine for Vipers, Vettes, or Musclecars, and I'm just not into bikes, I know nothing about them and don't really care to.
1. I wasn't talking about Maine. If I opened up a shop there I suppose I'd have to sell fishing boats or something. Anyway, the fact that you're more interested in brats and bajas than a 1970 Hemicuda makes me question your manhood.

- Rob
Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Look Rob, I was just kiddin' around about the Neon thing, but if you wanna get serious, let's get serious.

Absolutely NO ONE has the right to judge anyone on their taste in cars, or anything else for that matter. Not you, me, or anyone else. Anyone that does is just an arrogant, condescending a-hole. Wait, didn't you just say you had the right? Hmm...

And I never said I was biased toward one marque, you did. I happen to like most GM and DaimlerChrysler cars, especially the classics, as well as some European cars. I simply like Subarus, and I've owned enough of them to know that overall they're the best cars I've ever owned. And do you really think that if I had the money for a '69 Trans Am or a '70 Cuda, that I wouldn't buy one? Where's yours anyway?

Ford, Mitusubishi, and Hyundai are about the only current car companies that I truly dislike. The reason I dislike Ford is because they are underpowered, unrealiable, and because of the crap they've been pulling with the once great companies that they now own. And Mitsubishi? Mitsubishi can hardly keep their 4-cyl cars on the road. Trust me, I know, my father works at a Mitsubishi dealership.

See, your problem is your too busy with judging and trying to start fights with people, that you just make crap up as you go, not ever realizing how much of an idiot you sound like.

And as for my manhood, little boy, I was a firefighter for 5 years until I was injured. I risked my life on a regular basis to help people like you. If you want to question my manhood, then bring your little self up to Maine and prove to me what kind of man you are. Otherwise, do everyone here a favor, and shut up!

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 10-04-2003, 10:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darksied-X
[B]
snip...............I was a firefighter for 5 years until I was injured. I risked my life on a regular basis to help people......... cut

and for that, i thank you

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:49 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I play it once in a blue moon. And if hell shoud freeze that night and I would win the big one...

1. A house with 6 car garage
2. 2x97 SVX -- one to rip apart as parts cheaper that way
3. V12
4. BMW 850
5. A ton of home infotainment system
6. Donate money to my close friends
7. Disappear
8. Doate the rest of the funds all around the world to needy people without using my name -- I have all I want so why do I need it for anything else?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: