IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 03:04 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
The point is that just because the system is a little better does not mean the people in the other systems are idiots. They have to follow their own way of doing things. Remember that any type of system is not a perfect system. There are loop holes, blanks and get out of jail free cards. It's the matter of some having more loop holes than the others. I do agree with every one here that this country needs to get rid of a ton of lawyers. Sueing someone because of a cup of hot coffee is just plain wrong and something not needed. The deal is that people in the US are lazy and would rather sue someone else to solve their problem. NIMBY working at it's best I guess.

What we need in this country (and the rest of the world) is a system that is solid and yet easy to change for the betterment of humanity rather than enrichment of a few individual.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Certified Porschephile

Lwin, I see we are getting closer to agreeing. I like your points on people being lazy. But I still feel that people that let themselves be oppresed could be classified as idiots. Not a personal term, but a group one. There is no reason to be oppressed. People throughout history have risen up. It might be hard, but so be it. Africa is a dying continent. It's a shame when you have all that wonderful wildlife, inhabitted by people that will be 80% HIV positive by 2020. Then when the U.S. does get involved, like Mogadishu, our troops get hung out to dry by a democrat draft dodger. It's reasonable to think we should let them kill themselves off after all the heartache we've been through. Now we are trying it in the middle east. As a person who has taken up arms for this country, I feel I can have personal opinion in this. I do feel Iraq was justified, but it hurts to help people who don't care about themselves.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I do feel Iraq was justified, but it hurts to help people who don't care about themselves.
The thing is people do care. It's just that their way of thinking is different from our way of thinking. I got the best of different worlds considering I was brought up all over the world. In Africa, the government changes every other minute if you don't keep up with the politics. For them, power is more important and we are just getting in their way. It does not matter if it is democratic or military government.

In middle east, it's a combination of things that are started way back before the days of JC and a couple of years back when we give the power to the wrong person. It will keep happening.

Here I am using we as in the western world. If I could solve it, I'd let them kill each other out and then go in and take credit for it later in Africa. As for Middle East, it's a whole new beast. You can't tame it right away. It will take at least 3-4 generation of education. These people have to be taught that some things are just wrong.

I am from Burma. Yepp Military Rule. If you look at a decent amount of Asia (South East Asia), it is ruled by a couple of people regardless of the type of government. Singapore is supposed to be ruled by Democratic government but at the end, we know it's just a couple of Chinese men at the end of the strings. Same thing in Malaysia (with Malay men) It's not a true democracy. Why don't people revolve? Because Asians will tolerate more than western people. I am not one of them so if I say in SE Asia for too long, I may get killed.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-19-2003, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Since most of you have missed the point, I'll explain. While I can't say I have been to Kenya, I know enough of the region. While in Djabouti I can tell you they are far from a civilized nation. .
Many years ago it was a civilised country, I spent a few days there towards the end of the French Colonial Rule, I didn't ever fear the Somali's, the French were the one's to fear there. Legal Terrorism is probably the correct term for some of the things that they did there.

Some years ago, before she died, I was taking notes from Betty (Lady) Wallace for an article. She had spent a lot of time in Africa and she went to Kenya in the late twenties and set up a coffee plantation, (still in existence). She left Kenya and went to Britain at the start of WW11 and returned when the war was over. She finally left Kenya and Africa in early 1960. She had a great love and respect for all the peoples of Kenya, her view was that the only thing that colonialism taught these people was how to steal, lie and cheat. Interesting observation.

I am glad to see that your (and hopefully our) thoughts and views are gradually getting closer, but before we on the SVX.Net can cure the ills of the World perhaps we should take a moment or two to investigate the causes of the pain and suffering.

Perhaps we can start by identifying that just about if not all the countries (and continents) that we have mentioned at some point in this thread have at some time or other in their histories, been colonies of one Western Nation or another.

Back to the point, how about mounting a camera flash on the rear window sill and if some one gets too close or aggressive, then just pop the flash,. It will probably startle them a little and give them cause to consider.

Kenn
Old 11-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls

Back to the point, how about mounting a camera flash on the rear window sill and if some one gets too close or aggressive, then just pop the flash,. It will probably startle them a little and give them cause to consider.

Kenn
NOW! That one I really really like!!! For a lot of reasons!!!! I'm working on it tonight and will post pictures!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-19-2003, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

NOW! That one I really really like!!! For a lot of reasons!!!! I'm working on it tonight and will post pictures!!!
Have you ever seen the back of a cop car when he has his strobes going? I have similear set up on my SVX at the back.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
What I want

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Have you ever seen the back of a cop car when he has his strobes going? I have similear set up on my SVX at the back.
Is just the one pop of a flash... I may even install the whole camera with a remote on it to snap the picture of the offender.

trucks with the hi-beams in my eyes... tailgaters... even the weird lane changers....

Just the one pop of a flash.... for them to think about....

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-19-2003, 01:11 PM
ww111

Oh you wouldn't believe how fast the truckers give you room when that video camera pops out of the sunroof . They won't get anywhere near you after that... get their DOT number off the side and then they get to practice saying "Careful Sir, that fillings hot!" and "Want fries with that?"

Collins
Smile
Old 11-20-2003, 01:48 AM

Re: What I want

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Is just the one pop of a flash... I may even install the whole camera with a remote on it to snap the picture of the offender.

trucks with the hi-beams in my eyes... tailgaters... even the weird lane changers....

Just the one pop of a flash.... for them to think about....

What about having the camera set to red eye setting, little flashy, little flashy then ka-boom big flash.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:33 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
phew

long thread. thats deep yo.
i have to say ive been with rob on this whole thing, except for the scared part. just give them a dirty look. when people piss me off i try to look at them. 99% of the time they try to get away. the other 1% they look back or say stupid things. if you keep an eye on them you can react accordingly to whatever they produce. i myself prefer to get behind them.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I wasn't scared until they flashed a gun at me. On the other hand, I don't want to stop next to these psycho's either.

- Rob
Old 11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
i thought you werent sure if they had one?
in any case they couldnt fire at you from in front. and if they tried to you could easily evade, then ram them!

im very confident about the svx's ramming capability.
i once backed into a large truck in a mall parking lot. he was hanging over the median by like a foot. totally bent his bumper, only put some scrapes on mine from the screws of his l. plate.
the funny thing is he was sitting in it at the time. he came out all like "thats probably a couple thousand worth of damage".
im all "ahhhhh im so sorry doood."
he didnt care cuz i think it was his fault for bein so far into my spot. he may have nudged it closer, too.
=_= very suspicious.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-20-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Uh... reread my story. The guys were directly behind me the whole time.

- Rob
Old 11-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
thats why you gotta pull some g's and crazy moves. well, thats just me i have a serious case of road rage.

Old 11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
ww111

Ram them???
WTFO
If you hit someone in front of you in an SVX and you're going more than 15 miles an hour faster than they are, your airbag goes off and you're immobilized. I'm not one to put forward vicious personal attacks, but did your Daddy marry his sister?

As for your last post... a 9mm goes 1200 feet in a second. Your SVX doesn't.

G's? more like Geeze.

Collins
I'm from Alabama and that's my excuse.
Closed Thread