Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2009, 12:55 PM
building more AK47's

Angry Why our country is screwed

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Get ready for the Second Great Depression.
Is it just me or a majority of Americans just do not care anymore or have we forgot that We The People truly have the final say in this matter?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Hater

Re: Why our country is screwed

you wanted change, you got it. you may have a small bit of change left in your pocket when Obama's done.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

The majority of americans think they are entitled to free money.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
The majority of americans think they are entitled to free money.
I want free money! Actually I lost my job Wednesday, went straight to the unemployment office, filed, and got approved. I figured I am just getting some back for all the money I have been putting in for over 10 years. It's not like I won't look for another job, in fact I had been actively looking for a new job for almost a year (sucks up here in Michigan,) and I will continue to actively look. I want to be off this government assistance fast. I hate being a number...
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

My mom owns and runs a day care center. About half of the families she has are on state assisted funding and they all live very nicely and are able to afford nice newer cars. Its pretty ridiculous...

And by state assisted funding, I mean the moms spend about $50 a month on day care and the state picks up the other $600
Old 07-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
My mom owns and runs a day care center. About half of the families she has are on state assisted funding and they all live very nicely and are able to afford nice newer cars. Its pretty ridiculous...
There is a lot of that around here. I see people who have no jobs getting very nice electronics and stuff. You and I are the ones paying for it, though. Our secretary has state assisted childcare for her kids, yet she drives a Navigator, and is always bragging about her gigantic television and super-ultra cable service. It infuriates me.

They have free health insurance, too. I haven't been to see a doctor in 10 years. Two winters ago I was very very sick, and thought about going to see a doctor. After i found out how much it was going to cost, i decided not to go. I'm glad I didn't. I feel fine now.

Mike
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx View Post
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Get ready for the Second Great Depression.
Is it just me or a majority of Americans just do not care anymore or have we forgot that We The People truly have the final say in this matter?
I care. I would love to see the world burn.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
what if some of those "majority" of votes is ACORN fraud?

ACORN will be partnering with the govt. for the 2010 Census. am i the only one worried about this?
No, you are not.

And to be honest, that is a symptom of the CORE problem that is worrying me.

Not that the foundations of this country are weak, they are not weak. They have held up remarkably despite the ONSLAUGHT against them.

What worries me is the onslaught. The unconstitutional behavior of ALL THREE branches of government. The abandonment of the system, and the destruction of the system by those who are abandoning it.

From George Bush saying that he needed to abandon the free market to save it, which is insane, to giving the SecTreas more un-restricted power than ever...

And pretty much everything the new administration has done since day one. HUGE spending for leftist special interest programs being called "stimulus", moving unprecedented power to the White House Chief of Staff, including the census bureau, which should be a congressional agency with executive branch cabinet level management, and the Czars who are more powerful than cabinet secretaries, which are not subject to congressional scrutiny...

Census information also makes a HUGE difference on congressional districting and apportionment. That is not a bludgeoning tool for the POTUS should hold over the people's House of Representatives, the house that is closest to the people, by 2 year election cycles, and sub-state level per-capita constituencies.

The congress passing HUGE legislation, and acting offended that they should be expected to read it, and consider it before passage...

Eminent domain rulings by the US Supreme court, and their apparent unwillingness to censure and check the other two branches of government, when they are acting outside the US Constitution.

The system is not perfect. But it is better than any other governmental system devised by man...

However, the system is being abandoned...

Illustration in the news this week and today... Honduras. Obama is siding with the un-constitutional president of Honduras, who violated their constitution and tried to seize permanent power beyond the constitutional limits of that country, even over the opposition of the court and legislative bodies. An unconstitutional move, supported by Ortega, Chavez, and other dictators. The US president, who has sworn to uphold the most famous and influential Constitution in world history, is siding with a leader who is violating his own country's constitution.

THAT is what scares me. ACORN, and other vile corruption is further symptoms of that authoritarian cancer, of the rule of 'men', rather than the rule of law.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 07-07-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Harry, I like a politcal sparing session once and a while, it is a good way to keep ontop of the times. I think no differently of anyone who may be a democrat or republican in the sense of friendship and hope you understand I am not bashing you in particular. But I still would like to know from your point of view... If we were able to do it all over again would you have still voted for Obama (democrat or not) after you have seen the direction he is pointing this country in?

Tom
Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Corruption in the highest executive powers is as old as humanity itself...... I for one feel like those of use under 50 - 60 or so are going to grow old in a very different world, one where the lack of energy and food for the exploding population will dictate foreign and domestic policy, and war will be constant.

You remember those old Calvin and Hobbes cartoons where they ride the toboggan down the hill with no hope of steering and end up wrapped around a tree or flying off a cliff? Tragically, its a perfect analogy for the fate of society as we know it.

With all the corruption, debt, foreign problems, etc there's only one thing that really matters now, there's going to be too many of us and not enough to go around.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Harry, I like a politcal sparing session once and a while, it is a good way to keep ontop of the times. I think no differently of anyone who may be a democrat or republican in the sense of friendship and hope you understand I am not bashing you in particular. But I still would like to know from your point of view... If we were able to do it all over again would you have still voted for Obama (democrat or not) after you have seen the direction he is pointing this country in?

Tom
Tom,
Absolutel no offense taken in our discussion. Your points (that I may or may not disagree with) are always made with respect for an opposing view - and I like and appreciate that. There is no doubt in my mind that any good republican has (for the most part) good intentions - even Bush and Cheney of the last administration.

It is the ole saying, "The end justifies the means" that I have a problem with in their regard. Anything seemed to go, whether it meant allowing the NSA to monitor "any" American's phone calls WITHOUT a court order (from very personal experience, I know know Army officers that, 10 years ago, got into a world of trouble in Europe because they kept a list of American phone numbers they were NOT ALLOWED to monitor because of the law. Just keeping a list of those not allowed almost sent them to jail!) or torture of prisoners (we put on trial both Japanese and American soldiers in years past for waterboarding a prisoner, and you know, if we do it to the enemy, they will see no problem doing it to us - being prior military, I'm sensitive to that), stating that if you disagree with going to war (war is HELL - I know!) one is not a patriot, etc ------ sorry, I was on my soap box again.

But to your question of whether I would vote for Obama today as I did in the Nov election: Yes, I would. Is he doing everything right IMO now? Nope, not at all. Has he done what I think has been necessary to clean up the country's financial mess the last administration left us in? Yes, for the most part. Do I agree with bailing out the car companies? No, BUT. Had the government NOT done anything at all, you don't even want to think about the unemployed workers in the millions - I have friends that work for GM and a number of their suppliers, so I have a good feel for the end result had they not been bailed out. Do I agree with bailing out the banks? Yes. We would be in a depression right now, had that not been done - even Bush recognized that with the first bailout. And it is sooooo good too to have a president that can speak in a complete paragraph and even a complete sentence for a "change". The Obama administration is not and never will be perfect, however, it is so much better than what we had or would have had if McCain / Palin (don't get me started on her!) had won the election. And remember too that if in four years the people of the US is not happy with the job he's doing (and the republicans get their collective act together), we can vote him out - that's what we did with the republicans last time. But Obama will not clean up anything in a few months - it took eight years to get to where we are now.
So yep, I would vote for Obama again today. Next month or next year may be a different story, but not now. And remember, I (as an independent) voted for Bush the first time around.

Let's keep talking, Tom. I enjoy a sane political discussion with respect shown on both sides any day of the week.

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx