How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 PM

*comfort dizzan*

losing an svx is hard to take, my first svx was crashed by my roommate in november of 03. he was a real sport though, paid for another one with a bad tranny (600 bucks), spent time helping swap the good engine/tranny out of the crashed svx into the one with the good body, and then bought me a set of yokohama V4S tires.

good friends > good cars (usually)

now getting my svx smashed by some knuckle dragging, mouth breathing retard would have resulted in jailtime for me. good job keeping your guns in the trunk, i know i would have had problems...
Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
caps will be shipped to anyone who order a rad from them.

Tom
Old 04-18-2005, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosefruit
and then bought me a set of yokohama V4S tires.
I just put the V4S's on myself... probably not much more than 1k on them yet

Anyone have anything for sale reasonably priced in the PA/NJ/NY area?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Bummer

...sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. Most import is the fact that you're ok and you can buy another car. Check the Auto Trader, great source of SVX's, especially NJ. You may be able to get the insurance co. to let you pull your custom equipment. Or buy the car back later. In any case, good luck.
WGJ
Old 04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
hey i can point you to a nice lookin 96 L model in NJ. I only saw it at night but there is a thread posted in babble about it. BTW i may be interested in your wheels and tires if you are selling them.

Tom
Old 04-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Update -
Drove my svx with PWR radiator and dremeled subaru cap about 400 miles in 80 degree+ weather. Highway miles (70-80+ mph). Even hit some Atlanta traffic.

No problems at all. No leaks, no blown hoses, no high temps.

I am very happy. I was really worried about blowing a hose but now I am completely confident in the setup. I am using the stock hoses.

Sorry for not providing any tranny temps - I still am using my 2 aftermarket cooler setup. I might switch to the PWR cooler this weekend just to provide some temperature data on the subject if anyone is still interested.

My tranny temps average about 90-100 degrees above ambient temp with my setup (torque converter locked on highway) but have reached up to about 210 in stop and go traffic. I don't need more cooling on the highway but I would be very interested to see if the PWR setup can keep the temperature lower in stop and go conditions.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 PM

Go Play In Traffic!

Always wanted to say that...seriously though, SC summers are notorious for the summer heat and humidity so please continue to keep us posted. Sounds like you've a temp guage and you've already got aux coolers to directly compare to temps with the PWR rad. Cool! Just the data we've been waiting for. Look forward to future posts.
Thanks,
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 04-19-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:18 PM

Thumbs up Ohh Yea

Thanks Immortal_suby this is just the sort of info I am looking for, max temps (actual temps) average temps and conditions such as traffic and ambiant temps. I can't thank ya enough, every post such as yours is invaluable to me. Thanks again, and again and again.....

John
1993 Subaru SVX (#006 01/93) 104k - To travel in style and grace.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Porter

The cure for what ails the silicone hose guys:

T-bar clamps! Don't use standard hose clamps with silicone hoses, you will have issues.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Yep, I got those for my car and I have not lost a hose yet.

Porter, Please Get back to me about my cores.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter
Don't use standard hose clamps with silicone hoses, you will have issues.
What kind of issues?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Formerly known as broyles

Clamps Too Big

I have not found a source of T-bolt clamps that are the right size. Even the links to where others claim to have bought them leaves the closest option slightly larger in minimum size than the hoses. What Size are you using? Perhaps the range is consertative, and you can close them further than the spec says. It would be good to know the part number you used, and whether you had any issue with install.
I am currently using a screw type clamp made specifically for Silicone hoses. It has an extended band around the inside so there are no exposed 'threads'. I like the looks of the T-bolt better, and would switch just for the appearance if I could get the correct size.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Another week. They were suppose to have received the caps last monday or Tuesday. Has anyone received one? Do they plan to respond to the thread?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by broyles
I have not found a source of T-bolt clamps that are the right size. Even the links to where others claim to have bought them leaves the closest option slightly larger in minimum size than the hoses. What Size are you using? Perhaps the range is consertative, and you can close them further than the spec says. It would be good to know the part number you used, and whether you had any issue with install.
I am currently using a screw type clamp made specifically for Silicone hoses. It has an extended band around the inside so there are no exposed 'threads'. I like the looks of the T-bolt better, and would switch just for the appearance if I could get the correct size.
I used summit SME-240200. They are listed as 2.06 in to 1.81 in. I had to tighten them down almost all the way, but they are holding my silicone hoses.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Just spoke w/ Maria. She said she was "pretty sure" the caps were sent out to them last friday, but she wasn't sure where they were coming from or how long the shipping to them will take. Clint and Josh were not available.

Asked her if the caps were to automatically be sent out to all of us. She said she wasn't sure of that either. She claims someone called her yesterday and gave her their invoice number so she knew he ordered one, and he will get his. As for the rest of us, she said she will find out how it's going to work and call me back later.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)