SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:
SVXBot

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Brake Upgrades

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: Direct bolt-on calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal1200r View Post
I'd be happy with 4-pots, since I just got some 17s, lol...

But on this car, 6-pots are probably overkill in stock trim. I have a 2004 Saturn VUE with the Honda 3.5 24V V6 with a 5-speed auto, and that vehicle is MUCH more responsive to drive than my SVX. I think the Honda 3.5 is rated at 250hp, so it has more hp than the SVX, but the VUE just gets up and goes without too much effort. On the SVX, it has a much more leisurely acceleration pace, unless you mash the gas pedal. That's fine by me, it's not really a sports car, more of a sports tourer, and for that it does a great job!
Try driving a manual transmission SVX; completely different animal. With the 4EAT engine revs are soaked up by the torque converter first, but with the 6-speed the SVX is more jumpy than my Legacy in Sport Sharp drive mode.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic: COBB Stage 2, SPT exhaust, Swift springs, pretty wheels, etc. VF-52 and protune to come.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Try driving a manual transmission SVX; completely different animal. With the 4EAT engine revs are soaked up by the torque converter first, but with the 6-speed the SVX is more jumpy than my Legacy in Sport Sharp drive mode.
Yeah, given a choice in this car, I'd much rather have a manual than the automatic. But since they didn't come with manuals in the States, it is what it is. I'm okay with that, I have the VUE, two Triumph motorcycles, numerous firearms, one daughter doing grad school in Ireland, and another one ready to graduate from the University of Hawaii, so it's not like I don't have other things to spend my limited funds on, lol...
Honda Accord wheels 17x7.5, 235/45s, 5mm rear wheel spacers, "3.3" and "AWD" badges on front fenders, AMR radiator/fans; parts waiting to be installed (lowering springs, s/s brake lines, drilled rotors, organic pads, wheel seals/bearings, camber bolts).
Old 03-24-2017, 11:59 AM

Registered SVX

I agree 4/2 is good and will do great on the svx, 6 is just for looks/overkill, I would do it if money would let me, but not required.

And ya with a manual, especially 6 speed this svx wakes up you will never look at the car the same. If I can make it to the 25th meet I would let people drive to see for themselves.
I have the engine, I just need to drop it in, I should swap over my waterpump/timing belt as mine are new and I don't know anything about these but water pump gasket isn't in my current budget lmao.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Ryan Clark, not sure if he is on the forum here, is working on an adapter that will bolt up with cheap 4 pots that can be found here.

I don't know if your famaliar with some of the wrx community happenings, but caddilac has a very cheap brembo that bolts up to wrx's with a simple adapter that is now easy to get, I believe with a adapter those cheap brembos should work with the svx
Yea, I am here. The caddy brembos require a bracket and a 355mm rotor. Project is on hold while I get my svx ready for car season.

Or follow us on Instagram @svxnation

http://SVXNATION.COM