Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 04:24 AM
no limitation as limitation

cobb

whats the word on cobb does any one know whats in development. i have a long list of thing i would like them to make. most of witch i as of yet cant afford.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:41 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Cobb has done some SVX motor build-ups in the past, but its been custom one-off jobs. What do you want from them?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
I know that Cobb is crazy busy with the business they have right now (WRX, Baja, Legacy, Forrester). I got an e-mail from Trey not too long ago...

And on a side note, I hope to release some SVX ECU info in the near future for the older non-OBD2 models. Basically just release some ROM files and give out information like fuel table, ignition table, and other addresses so people can modify/tune them on their own. We don't have the time to directly address this market but we think it would be nice to see some SVX owners doing more with their cars and one way of doing that is allowing for more creativity with ECU tuning. We'll likely post that up on our website and/or forum in the next few weeks along with some older Legacy Turbo ECU info as well. Just as a way to get more people in the mindset that older Subaru's can still be modified. Again, the bulk of our market is the newer cars and we really have too much on our plate right now to shift focus. The SVX ECU is just so easy to figure out that I figured it'd be a nice gesture to those owners since we haven't really made anything else available for them.

That's the word from my end. I wouldn't expect too much or make any demands though...they've got plenty to do and certainly don't need to shift focus to the SVX

-Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me