Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 05-07-2003, 01:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hi guys

Just saw this thread:

The manuals are, from memory, about:

1992 set -- $130AU
1997 set - $230AU

This is from memory!! And from prices we paid about 11 months ago!

I can make some inquiries but the thing that will be the killer is the weight! The shipping cost is going to be a lot! Does anyone know anyone coming here on holidays that could take them back?

BTW, this is what Subaru AU qoute me - I am not making any money etc off this - just helping out considering that Subaru UK want some stupid amount of money!!!

Oh, if any of the UK guys knows anyone that has old copies of 'Performance Car' that they know of and can help me out with I would be most obliged!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Performance Car

Hi James

I have some old copies of P C.

What are you looking for? A particular issue? Let me know, I will check what I have.

Joe

PS: I will be needing a 97 manual. Pity we did not move on this sooner. My nephew arrived back last week. Get a set weighed so we can estimate the total Kgs for shipping.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-12-2003, 06:37 PM

Hi Joe

Anything and everything - it was a great magazine and a fantastic read.

My mum just got back from Ireland - I think they have changed the receipe on tomato Chef sauce!! *very sad* Its tastes very different

And what have they done to the Monster Munch (now Mighty Munch)

*cry wail*

Oh, UK guys - is the Family Guy (the cartoon) available on DVD yet in the UK? I heard it was supposed to be better quality than the US one and that it had an episode not released in the US

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Performance Car

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Hi James

I have some old copies of P C.

What are you looking for? A particular issue? Let me know, I will check what I have.

Joe

PS: I will be needing a 97 manual. Pity we did not move on this sooner. My nephew arrived back last week. Get a set weighed so we can estimate the total Kgs for shipping.
Hi Joe The 92 set weighs 3.8 kgs. With the 3,4,5, supplements it would go about 4.2kgs. cost me $190 I think.
Worth every cent.

Harvey..,

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
My mum just got back from Ireland - I think they have changed the receipe on tomato Chef sauce!! *very sad* Its tastes very different

Hi James,

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Ireland last August (from what Joe tells me it hasn't stopped raining since we left!) and I have a lasting impression of Chef suce. First morning in Ireland at the B&B table (thanks to Joe for setting us up!!!). Wonderful breakfast (still miss soda bread ) in front of me and the table features a bottle of Chef sauce. I'm game for a new experience, so I ask the propreitor what Chef sauce is. I get the most look from him and a response of "It's Chef sauce" as if that isn't totally clear.

Had to share that.

Cheers,
Todd
Old 05-27-2003, 06:06 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Performance Car

Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au

Hi Joe The 92 set weighs 3.8 kgs. With the 3,4,5, supplements it would go about 4.2kgs. cost me $190 I think.
Worth every cent.

Harvey..,
Thanks Harvey.

I will check with some of the FedEx or other shippers what it might cost to ship say 40 kgs surface rate.

We would need to get people to commit to numbers, and money.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Hi James,

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Ireland last August (from what Joe tells me it hasn't stopped raining since we left!) and I have a lasting impression of Chef suce. First morning in Ireland at the B&B table (thanks to Joe for setting us up!!!). Wonderful breakfast (still miss soda bread ) in front of me and the table features a bottle of Chef sauce. I'm game for a new experience, so I ask the propreitor what Chef sauce is. I get the most look from him and a response of "It's Chef sauce" as if that isn't totally clear.

Had to share that.

Cheers,
Todd
Hey Todd

Glad you and Wendy have good memories of it. So do we.

James is bemoaning about a change in flavour for Chef Tomato sauce, which you would call ketchup. I don't use it, so I can't comment on a change, although a good friend of mine puts it on everything, even tomatoes. Same guy own a car bodyshop, and firmly believes all cars should be red, no other colour need apply, so it may be a colour fetish with him.

If the Chef Sauce you remember was brown in colour, that is a different kettle of fish. I like the story of the landlord, it would seem you were challenging his descriptive capabilities.

For those who wonder what we are talking about, Chef Sauce of the brown variety is a unique and thick Irish variant of Worcestershire sauce. Well, at least in my opinion, it has a very similar flavour. There is another thick brown sauce here called YR Sauce, and this is a thickened version of Yorkshire Relish. YR is on the wane, but Chef Sauce seems to have held its market.

My titbit for today.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-27-2003, 05:24 PM

Yep, that delicious brown torrent of Chef Sauce, on rashers and toast with some tea....*drooooooool*

Amazing how its the small things!!

YR Sauce was a bit spicy for me as a wee young lad!

As for the manuals, I was thinking that it may work out cheaper to order the whole lot and FEDEX them (or akin) to the UK to one central address and then, with a meet up or whatever, distribute them that way - the costs of shipping on each seperately are probably going to be high.

I'll leave the organising of confirmation of who wants them etc to you guys - just let me know when you want them, numbers, and shipping preferability and I will take it from there.

Thanks

James

Old 05-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Hey Todd

Glad you and Wendy have good memories of it. So do we.

James is bemoaning about a change in flavour for Chef Tomato sauce, which you would call ketchup. I don't use it, so I can't comment on a change, although a good friend of mine puts it on everything, even tomatoes. Same guy own a car bodyshop, and firmly believes all cars should be red, no other colour need apply, so it may be a colour fetish with him.

If the Chef Sauce you remember was brown in colour, that is a different kettle of fish. I like the story of the landlord, it would seem you were challenging his descriptive capabilities.

For those who wonder what we are talking about, Chef Sauce of the brown variety is a unique and thick Irish variant of Worcestershire sauce. Well, at least in my opinion, it has a very similar flavour. There is another thick brown sauce here called YR Sauce, and this is a thickened version of Yorkshire Relish. YR is on the wane, but Chef Sauce seems to have held its market.

My titbit for today.

Joe
This got me thinking of a great day (one of many!) Wendy and I had leaving Dingle and heading down towards the Blasket Islands and the Three Sisters. Lovely day, beautiful surroundings, and a very nice picnic lunch while over-looking the islands. Everything was right with the world on that day .

Thanks Joe and James for bringing me back, at least for a little while.

Todd
Old 05-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yep, that delicious brown torrent of Chef Sauce, on rashers and toast with some tea....*drooooooool*

Amazing how its the small things!!

YR Sauce was a bit spicy for me as a wee young lad!

As for the manuals, I was thinking that it may work out cheaper to order the whole lot and FEDEX them (or akin) to the UK to one central address and then, with a meet up or whatever, distribute them that way - the costs of shipping on each seperately are probably going to be high.

I'll leave the organising of confirmation of who wants them etc to you guys - just let me know when you want them, numbers, and shipping preferability and I will take it from there.

Thanks

James
James,

These very same thoughts have been going through my noggin. It would be useful to have them in the UK before the August meet, which is probably 23/24th ish.

Can you PM me with any names/handles you may have of interested parties, and we can set on a number, and speed it up?

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

This got me thinking of a great day (one of many!) Wendy and I had leaving Dingle and heading down towards the Blasket Islands and the Three Sisters. Lovely day, beautiful surroundings, and a very nice picnic lunch while over-looking the islands. Everything was right with the world on that day .

Thanks Joe and James for bringing me back, at least for a little while.

Todd
Todd, we have many similar memories of touring Ireland ourselves, watching the sun sinking in the Atlantic off the Aran Islands, wonderful alpine flowers in the Burren, manicured Glens of Antrim, beautiful hillside country in the Cooley mountains, it goes on.......

Know what you mean about things being right with the world. Looking forward to seeing you guys over here again some time, as I know you will.

How about we organise a World meet for the SVX World Network? Ireland is pretty central.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-28-2003, 05:09 PM

Now that would be a sight! A bunch of chartered C-5 Galaxy's or AN-124's landing at Shannon, front nose ramps delpoy and a torrent of SVX's pour out, a grey one screeching off to the right in search of Tesco's and some Chef sauce!!

I'll try and get some numbers from this end so we can do a bulk order. This will have to happen asap since there is about a 6 week shipping time from order to them getting here to OZ from Japan

James

Old 05-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Now that would be a sight! A bunch of chartered C-5 Galaxy's or AN-124's landing at Shannon, front nose ramps delpoy and a torrent of SVX's pour out, a grey one screeching off to the right in search of Tesco's and some Chef sauce!!

I'll try and get some numbers from this end so we can do a bulk order. This will have to happen asap since there is about a 6 week shipping time from order to them getting here to OZ from Japan

James
Now James, I didn't say it had to be this year!!

Your scenario looks good to go, except there are hatchet wielding women down there in Shannon, chopping the nosewheel off any transports carrying non-feminine material.

And by that time the group could include my missus, unless my car stops drinking heavily, eclipsed only by the owner, occasionally

And I thought Delpoy had retired from "Only Fools and Horses"??

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-08-2003, 01:37 AM

Hi guys

There are now a few down here who want to order the manuals and I was wondering what developments there had been behind the scenes in the UK/Eire re the manuals

How many people (if any) are interested so that we can get the ball rolling

Thanks

James

Old 07-08-2003, 01:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Nice one James, put me down for a '92

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: