Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 11:32 AM
KEVINL

Best looking SVX

Well last night I looked at everbodys pics in their lockers the best looking SVX although it would be so easy to say mine. 1994SubaruSVX wins my award for the best looking SVX I've seen
Old 06-29-2001, 11:44 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Thumbs up Fo sho

1994SubaruSVX gets my vote too....I have it as my background...it looks too phat with that drop and the rims...ahhhhh, one day...
Mat-1
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 06-29-2001, 03:55 PM
Lowered SVX

Wow.......

thanks guys I really appreciate it.....you have seriously made me day. Some people (eddycat) are ragging me about my mods. But I think they make the SVX look just awesome. It is great to hear it from some fellow SVXers. My car is in the shop until Monday getting the cv joints replaced, but otherwise it is great. Again thanks for the props......
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-29-2001, 06:49 PM

Details

Hey, 1994SubaruSVX, could you do a quick post on the major details of the drop. I know there's a whole lot of stuff here about it, but I just want the major details, and, if you don't mind, cost. I don't wanna bite your style, but it's something I'm thinking about doing. How's the ride, and speed bumps, and stuff like that? How about handling. Again, I realize that all this is probably on this site somewhere, but if you could just do a quick post, I'd appreciate it
Mat-1
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 06-29-2001, 07:20 PM
zsvx

Re: Best looking SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by KEVINL
Well last night I looked at everbodys pics in their lockers the best looking SVX although it would be so easy to say mine. 1994SubaruSVX wins my award for the best looking SVX I've seen
I agree that lowered look is great but I have to say

"The best looking SVX is the one parked in your driveway"
Old 06-30-2001, 12:15 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Best looking SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by zsvx

You got that right, Matt. Even if it has a dented front left fender.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-30-2001, 04:12 PM
joeaux

"...parked in your driveway."

Agreed. Just got done putting the polish on mine, and it is without a doubt the best looking one I've ever seen. Perfect.
-joe-
Old 06-30-2001, 10:03 PM
Lowered SVX

zsvx, randy, and joe that is because you have not seen......

my svx parked in your driveway!! hahaha.....just kidding. i would have to agree with all of you. the car in its simplest form is still beautiful! i have just added my own personal touches to it.

SVX10, here are the details. first of all the only way i know to drop the car is with ground controls and koni strut inserts. basically they pull the strut out of the stock mount. then the cut of the funnel shaped perch at the top of the strut mount. insert the koni strut and weld the top. if i am not mistaken they also welded a perch for the ground controls to set on. there are instructions included with the konis and ground controls. my mechanic screwed up because he did not weld the bolt in the bottom of the mount. apparently if you dont the insert will slide up and down. mine did anyway. these are not perfect bolt ons and have required some tweaking. but they are perfect now and the ride is quite awesome. i put the konis on the softest setting so the ride is not harsh. even randy (aredub) said the ride was not rough. it is noticeably firmer though and the handling (response) is much improved. as far as hitting bumps and speed bumps.......i take just as much caution now as i did before. i do have to be careful when i pull into parking places now. the car is just low enough that it will hit the top of the parking block. ouch.....it is harsh too. other than the bothersome tweaking it has not been a big deal. what sucks is finding someone with ability to do this kind of work. considering the uniqueness of the task the guy did a pretty good job. it did cost me about $ with parts and labor. i paid about $900 for the parts and about the same for labor. but the guy did take his time with the torching and welding
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-01-2001, 07:10 PM

Talent...whatever

Man, like it would be hard to find somebody who could do that But for real, I live in the land of Low-low's, hydros, and, it's starting to show up, Tricked out Civics. I think I could find somebody to do it...thanks for the post.
Mat

Old 07-01-2001, 08:58 PM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Re: Best looking SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by zsvx

Just had one of those "stand in the garage and stare at your SVX from every angle" sessions.

Yeah, I think it's the best looking SVX that I'VE ever seen!

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-01-2001, 09:21 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Best looking SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26

Just had one of those "stand in the garage and stare at your SVX from every angle" sessions.

Yeah, I think it's the best looking SVX that I'VE ever seen!
I'm gonna do that as soon as I get my fender fixed. Meanwhile, one of the good things that will come out of it: My driver's side garnish, under the door has some scuffs on it that need to be painted over. I hadn't had the time to fool with it. They're replacing that piece of garnish, so, that will be taken care of. Also, some of you may remember that my Passenger's side door has an odd fit. I've tried moving the striker, but, it hasn't helped. I'm going to have them fix that while it's in the shop. Once all that's done, I can't wait to get the light silver wheels ('94) that I bought from Leo put on my Pearly.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-02-2001, 11:18 AM
Lowered SVX

no problem svx10

that is what i like about this board. there are purists and then there are guys like me that dont mind perfecting a great looking car. i have really tried to choose my mods carefully. i chose my wheels because they were not too over the top and the same with my tips. to be honest i would not have lowered the car if the 17" wheels would not have created such a horrendous gap in the wheel well. but i did not like the look and i did something to change it. happy modding.....and post some pics!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-02-2001, 05:51 PM

Pics

Man, I got pics comin out my ears. Just go to mateodenewmexico.freehomepage.com and there are a bunch of pics of my car, my pulley, and my new intake project (just did it today) Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.

Old 07-03-2001, 10:08 PM
Lowered SVX

hey mat......

saw the pics of your svx......very nice. i like the black one with the spoiler. the kc exhaust looks good.....my only question is why are the exhaust tips at such an angle? the look they are pointing towards the ground and not straight out. just curious? otherwise the car looks cherry....i almost painted my calipers red but opted for the yellow (obviously) instead. keep up the good work and let me know if i can ever be of any help. my next purchase will be a five-point harness. i have a pca driving event i am attending in october so i want the harness in and done with. the only issue i have left is keeping my damn legs from sliding around all over the damn place. i will have to find some way to bind them together and also to keep my knees from coming up on me. they pull up on the second or third lap and butt up against the accelerator. i will figure something out....... wish me luck.

hmmm....just read my post.....did you know i used a wheelchair. my svx is modified with a hand control. down on the control is gas and pushing it in works the brake. pretty simple mechanical control really. someone who walks can still use the footpedals. if you have been to my locker....well....i am the one in the chair. : )

happy modding..... : )
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-03-2001, 11:07 PM

good feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear tonight...kinda mad at the SVX cuz it lost to a CAVALIER! (As you may have read). If you know anything about what could be holding me back, Lemme hear it. My suspicion is the fuel system, just cuz I have choppy throttle response, and the car stalled on my (mechanic's diagnosis after hearing the symptoms was a bad fuel pump). I figure, the fuel system is 9 years old, so it's prolly worn and gummed up and stuff. So, I'm thinking about either replacing it (OEM parts) or upgrading it (injectors and pump?). I don't really know what all it involves, but I have a little money I want to throw into my car. Might as well do something that will make it run better. Oh....about the exhaust tips...they're at that angle because the kit didn't fit, for some reason. When I tried to bolt the muffler assembly to the down pipe, they overlapped by a good 2". So, It's probably a little off kilter cuz I had to cut it. I think it looks good, though. Have fun at all those driving things you're going to...I'm just lookin forward to July '02
Mat-1