How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM

Registered SVX
Unhappy It pains me greatly to say it, but I may very likely have to sell off the SVX :(

Quite unfortunate really...I this car more than anything else I've ever owned, but due to recent circumstances it looks like I will very likely be forced to sell So many more things I want to do to her to It really does hurt to even think about selling it, especially after seeing all the wonderful cars at the Reading meet, and meeting all you wonderful guys and gals

Kinda wondering if someone here might be interested? At least that way I know it will go to a good home. Even better if its someone relatively local, so I can possibly still work on her on occasion...

Tough choice...what to do
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Re: It pains me greatly to say it, but I may very likely have to sell off the SVX :(

[QUOTE=DiabloScoobyru;...what to do [/QUOTE]

Keep it! Someday it will be a classic You can take that to the bank... It is like owning Gold

Keith
Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 AM

Registered SVX
Re: It pains me greatly to say it, but I may very likely have to sell off the SVX :(

Unfortunately it really is starting to look like its not an option, keeping it that is Need the cash more than anything else. Plus side though, I have a friend that is interested, and he'd give me a buyback option in the future. He rode with me once or twice prior to doing LAN's chips, and was hooked

We'll see how it plays out. Really hoping I don't have to sell it...not every day you come across an already swapped 4.44 SVX...
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Which one was yours? You should fill out the sales template.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Double post edit
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 PM

Registered SVX

Mine was the green 92 LSL with the faded hood and crappy looking wing was the worst looking car there

Still kind of kicking it around, going to talk with my friend tonight from the Fiero group that is interested, we'll see what happens.

If I do sell, I should be able to come out of it with more than I paid for it...And I plan to get another Subaru immediately (looking at a 98 Impreza wagon)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 PM

Registered SVX

Sale pending Really does suck, feels like I'm selling my (non existant) wife...although depending on who you talk to, that could be construed as a good thing

Definitely want to be back in another 4.44 swapped one by the end of the year though. The 2.2 and 2.5 boxer's aren't going to be as fun as the 3.3 is, I'm almost certain of that. Nor will they be as luxurious as the SVX is.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScoobyru View Post
Definitely want to be back in another 4.44 swapped one by the end of the year though.
Send me a PM when you're ready to get into another one. I think I'll be parting ways with my 4.44 swapped '92 sometime later this year.

Last edited by Ricter; 05-10-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: accidentally a word.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Why 98 Impreza? Go with 95 or 96 OBW with EJ22 so no worry about headgasket. Or are you planning to do the engine swap? Anyway, sorry to see you go. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScoobyru View Post
Mine was the green 92 LSL with the faded hood and crappy looking wing was the worst looking car there

Still kind of kicking it around, going to talk with my friend tonight from the Fiero group that is interested, we'll see what happens.

If I do sell, I should be able to come out of it with more than I paid for it...And I plan to get another Subaru immediately (looking at a 98 Impreza wagon)
92 Black SVX LSL with B&M cooler & Aux filter. Small Car Shift Kit. Gone
94 Red SVX L FWDwith LSL Leather Interior. SOLD
92 Teal SVX LSL....with B&M cooler & Aux filter. Small Car Shift Kit. SOLD
95 Polo Green........With Trany Problem. GONE
Almost complete Rear Wheel Bearings Job with Pictures in my locker
My Locker http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?pearlm30
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlm30 View Post
Why 98 Impreza? Go with 95 or 96 OBW with EJ22 so no worry about headgasket. Or are you planning to do the engine swap? Anyway, sorry to see you go. Good luck
Impreza wagons have the EJ22.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Registered SVX

I'll still be around the forum lurking. Selling the SVX, not the friends I've made here You guys are awesome, if not quiet most of the time around the forum lol

Richter, I'll definitely keep you in mind when the time comes. Early model 92? Definitely would love to have another one close to my build date (12/91). Who knows, I may even end up getting this one back in the future, it is going to a friend of mine from the Fiero group with the stipulation that if he ever sells, I have the first opportunity to buy it back. Came out even on it, considering what I paid for the car originally and what I put into it. So I can't really complain. He wanted something sporty to daily drive to and from UTI where he goes to school, so at least its going into good hands. And I told him to call me if he ever needs help working on it.

He's picking up on Sunday :'( and I now have a tough choice between a 98 Impreza wagon, or a 98 Impreza 2.5RS. Both in my price range, and both nice cars. The RS has 130k on it, needs brakes, tires and a mid pipe for the exhaust. The wagon has 173k on the 2.2 and needs nothing (afaik). On one hand, having the wagon would be great for camping. On the other hand, the RS would be more fun to drive/better on gas (in theory).

Tough choice...shooting to be back into another SVX though by the end of the year, early next spring at latest.

Nate, I messaged you on Facebook. Shoot me a message when you get a chance and let me know what works for you.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Does the 2.5 have head gaskets done on it?
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 PM

Registered SVX

Its gone :'( :'( :'(

Although, I think I've created a monster. My buddy left here with the car around 7ish, and messaged me around 11 saying he just got home. First thing he said to me was, and I quote: "What kind of black magic is this?!"

He spanked a new Mustang GT with the v8 and a 5 speed on his way home, and just couldnt stop driving the car He's in love. I'm never getting this car back lol

In the Mustang's defense though, it was driven by a 19-20 year old girl that thinks her car is gold

Going to check out a 99 Impreza Outback Sport tomorrow with the 2.2 in it. After talking with Nate last night and tonight in great detail, I'm going to look at buying a 2.2 powered wagon and avoid the 2.5.

Also checking out what I am guessing is a 99 Legacy sedan. Not sure on the details, was something my friends from rallylights.com mentioned seeing.

I'm already jonesing for another SVX, and its been less than 8 hours I'll definitely be buying another one :thumbsup:
Old 05-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Registered SVX

I'm back with another Subie

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2978526656.html

Dealer maintained car for all but the last 2 years, has a Subaru certified reman tranny in it dated 011003 on the reman tag Seller has had it for 2 years with no problems at all. No head gasket issues, and no leaks anywhere else (well, besides a minor valve cover gasket leak on the driver side, which isnt a big issue). Not bad for over 300k miles on a 2.5

Definitely plan to get another SVX, hoping by next spring. And I can use this Legacy OBX as a donor 4.44 swap car bonus! lol
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I'm actually looking at getting a 96 leg outback 2.2 this week for my (when all other cars break) car. It had the head gaskets done and the heads milled, supposed to maybe have a reman trans from the previous owner but unsure.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress