SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-28-2002, 05:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Hangman,

There is an old saying. It goes like this:
"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

What it means is that more people will follow you and your ideas if you make them appealing to the general public. Also, less people will follow you and your ideas if you try to coerce them harshly.

Think about this advice. It may come in handy in your life.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
i d\can say if u drive 100 mph every where u go through traffic or the city .. i can say u are a moron.. but it woul dbe your own life your taking, and god forbid some one elses.. also if u drive some economy car i.e civic corola or something doing over a 100 would be stupid also ..

a svx is built for end speeds and also if u are on a open road with verry few cars and turns why not.. u are more alert then anything just dont do it on a daily bassis. and keep a cool head abought it.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
I am just about to reach 35,000 miles.

Might just have a go at this idea

Andy
Old 08-28-2002, 06:50 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Hrrmm

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Hangman,

There is an old saying. It goes like this:
"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

What it means is that more people will follow you and your ideas if you make them appealing to the general public. Also, less people will follow you and your ideas if you try to coerce them harshly.

Think about this advice. It may come in handy in your life.
The Russian government lasted for decades like this....that is until they went down. But it did work! They coerced the public harshly. Just teasing you Larry.....ha. Maybe I'll pass you in my OBS again sometime on Foulk Road. *Honk, Beep*
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 08-28-2002, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
i d\can say if u drive 100 mph every where u go through traffic or the city .. i can say u are a moron.. but it woul dbe your own life your taking, and god forbid some one elses.. also if u drive some economy car i.e civic corola or something doing over a 100 would be stupid also ..

a svx is built for end speeds and also if u are on a open road with verry few cars and turns why not.. u are more alert then anything just dont do it on a daily bassis. and keep a cool head abought it.
On long trips, I used to travel in excess of 110 in my 86 Honda accord. Although this car was very good at handling fast speeds. I couldn't imagine doing it in a corolla though. One little bump and the suspension would bounce you right off the side of the road.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:43 AM
SVXCAPE

I have a 1978 BMW 320i ( e21) that will still go about 110 mph, it is still a very solid car. The only thing that I can compare it to is it's like driving a go-cart, very responsive it loves to be over 3000 rpms. It can't touch the svx but I would like to see an svx try to follow me through a twisty bumpy pot hole ridden water board road in it. I have welded a skid plate right under the oil pan for when it bottoms out ( often). yes I am abusing the crap out of a nice classic car, and I must say that I love it.. I have kinda strayed off the subject a little but who does'nt.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:03 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Power to the People

Have to say I can concur with HangMan's objective, but deplore the attitude and approach.

The core of the message says Be Careful, subtext says Little Boys will be reading this, and want to Drive Too Fast!

Both of these are correct, but do not take account that there are hundreds of responsible and careful SVX drivers on this forum, and only one or two headbangers.

I say be very careful. Time will come the Forces of Law and Order, who are controlling type people and Know What's Good for You, will have a chip put in every car to hold us to certain speeds, slow us down in town, near schools etc etc. It's coming. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Any of you people using EazyPass ever wonder if the cops had two transponders on the highway over a measured mile, they could computer average your speed, deduct the fine from your account, send the points in the post, and all from one little computer programme that holds your unique code?

Just my little thought for the day.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-29-2002, 09:47 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Too fast???

If the government was actually concerned about people going too fast they would simply mandate that every be governed to 75mph max. Problem is that would piss off 100,000 cops/ticket maids because they would no longer legally be alloud to carry a gun and harrass motorists. In a legal sense 1 mph over the speed limit is too fast so if anyone has ever driven over that then they should not be throwing stones at the actions of others. I've driven 140... I've driven 150... I've driven 160 (or at least the speedo said it in the Ferrari I was in). Yes it was on public roads. No it wasn't the safest thing to do but it was still much safer that driving a Ford Excess 15mph over the speed limit weaving in and out of traffic during a Philly rush hour.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Hater

doing 160 in a Ferrari is probably a hell of a lot safer than someone doing 80 in some piece of crap.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

ferarri

It was 90% stable. Not bad for a early 70's Ferarri with almost 50k on the clock
Old 08-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Lowered SVX

i dont know what you guys problem is.....

i never drive fast.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 08-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Not enough road, dude,

That's the problem

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-29-2002, 07:28 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Power to the People

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Have to say I can concur with HangMan's objective, but deplore the attitude and approach.

The core of the message says Be Careful, subtext says Little Boys will be reading this, and want to Drive Too Fast!

Both of these are correct, but do not take account that there are hundreds of responsible and careful SVX drivers on this forum, and only one or two headbangers.

I say be very careful. Time will come the Forces of Law and Order, who are controlling type people and Know What's Good for You, will have a chip put in every car to hold us to certain speeds, slow us down in town, near schools etc etc. It's coming. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Joe

Any of you people using EazyPass ever wonder if the cops had two transponders on the highway over a measured mile, they could computer average your speed, deduct the fine from your account, send the points in the post, and all from one little computer programme that holds your unique code?

Just my little thought for the day.

Joe
You know as well as I that as soon as what you say is reality, an industry will arise to get around the intrusion on
vehicular freedom whether we deserve it or not, like a counter chip or 2 or 3......
David
Old 08-30-2002, 11:11 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Re: Power to the People

Had my bike up to 155 once. Scared the **** out of me. 130 is tops for me now.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 08-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Power to the People

Quote:
Originally posted by dromano
You know as well as I that as soon as what you say is reality, an industry will arise to get around the intrusion on
vehicular freedom whether we deserve it or not, like a counter chip or 2 or 3......
David
What you say is true David.

What I am most annoyed and incensed about is the major PR effort we get before they launch the latest anti-speeding drive. I am not FOR reckless speeding, but as a loyal tax-paying citizen, [you know, one of the fools paying all that money to provide a police force to protect society?], I DO wish they would exert more energy and resource actually tracking down real criminals and solving or preventing crime.

Not having robbed any banks or burgled any houses or stolen any cars lately, or even mugged any old ladies for handbags or raped anyone for fun, I get p'd off seeing these guys spending their days peering down a radar gun shooting fish in a barrell, harvesting revenue for the state just because they can. They even have themselves convinced they are doing it for the good of humanity.

My old bachelor uncles who live alone have been robbed and intimidated FOUR times, mainly because old people have a reputation for keeping cash around. Police visits, sympathy, we'll keep an eye out. Nobody ever caught. 100% failure rate in something that is truly anti-social, and has resulted in the death of many old people.

Drive down an empty motorway at 3 AM at 100mph in a car safe for 150, they catch you on radar, criminalise you, take away your license and livelihood. Great, 100% success rate, fish in a barrell, the world is a safer place. Except of course the guys who robbed my uncles are still around, never caught, so we are not as safe as we think. We have a police force that is an absolute whizz at protecting us from ourselves, but absolutely **** at protecting us from predatorial psychopaths.

Of course I am being sarcastic and not very understanding here. It is much harder to catch muggers, they are clever and devious and do not do their business in plain sight on a public road.

My rant for today. Pass the do-nuts.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl