Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: SVX bodykit and front update

It needs the flip up head lights in the hood. I love me an 8 Series =)
Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 PM

Registered SVX

Im not so keen on the top pic.. But I do really like the bottom pic of the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post

1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 AM

Registered SVX

i saw this today its a ford falcon xr6
i was thinking something similar to the gray/silver strip along the front bumper edges and side skirts on some custom side skirts .
that might make the bumper blend in better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01012010.jpg (213.1 KB, 580 views)
File Type: jpg 01012010(001).jpg (202.5 KB, 545 views)

Last edited by aust92pearl; 01-01-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 AM

I might just be a dork but i always thought the svx would look good with functional side scoops, but im assuming its possible just not easily done? lol i know I'm a dork but the svx has always had the spirit of a true blue exotic to me
Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 AM

I've got one...

Someone should graft the headlights from THIS onto the SVX's front end, with the wing grille, or no upper grille, and only an intake under the bumper beam. (but leave the schnozz center grille OFF, please.) Maybe with a bit of selectively blacking out the headlight housings, to look sportier...

And maybe this would give a bit more control of the HVAC system... (not the same tribeca, BTW)

And something SVX is sorely missing...

Is it crazy of me to think that the Tribeca could be cut down, chopped up, and re-built into a kinda nice SVX GT Coupe? ...as long as it is given that they left the ugly bits off, and threw in the option for a WRX STI / Legacy Spec B grade 6MT gearbox option, and a choice of engine between EJ25 turbo, and a tuned up EZ36.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-03-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Where do I send the money for this?

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-03-2010, 02:36 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I've got one...

Someone should graft the headlights from THIS onto the SVX's front end, with the wing grille, or no upper grille, and only an intake under the bumper beam. (but leave the schnozz center grille OFF, please.) Maybe with a bit of selectively blacking out the headlight housings, to look sportier...

And maybe this would give a bit more control of the HVAC system... (not the same tribeca, BTW)

And something SVX is sorely missing...

Is it crazy of me to think that the Tribeca could be cut down, chopped up, and re-built into a kinda nice SVX GT Coupe? ...as long as it is given that they left the ugly bits off, and threw in the option for a WRX STI / Legacy Spec B grade 6MT gearbox option, and a choice of engine between EJ25 turbo, and a tuned up EZ36.
Agreed. Minus the SpecB 6mt. They are by FAR not the same as the STi 6mts. And which ugly parts are you talking about. You meam 08+ right? RIGHT?! B9=Sex! Especially COBB's built one.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 AM

I like # 3
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Agreed. Minus the SpecB 6mt. They are by FAR not the same as the STi 6mts. And which ugly parts are you talking about. You meam 08+ right? RIGHT?! B9=Sex! Especially COBB's built one.
I was under the impression that the Spec B Legacy 6MT is very similar to the STI 6MT, differing only in lack of a front diff limited slip, and manual control of the center diff (VTD still acts as permanent "auto" on DCCD...), and maybe a gear ratio or two. But the same case, and the same design, 65% rear standard torque bias, even the same clutch design. I guess it depends on your definition of "by far".

The '10 Legacy GT has an actually drastically different 6MT, based on the previous, older 4MT/5MT gearbox line, NOT the more robust STI-type gearbox, and further handicapped by a cable shift actuation.

The ugly parts I was referring to being the center grille schnozz, and the odd rear bumper treatment on the 06-08 Tribecas. I like that the Tribeca has smoother lines, for a CUV type vehicle. Certainly better than the 2010 Outback, which is now basically the same size, and chunkier-looking.

I just can't help but think of an SVX updated with a meld between what SVX already is, and some of Tribeca's design aspects. The smooth bodywork transitions, the triangular sleek headlights... tail lights sculpted into the body character line, but wrapped around the back and LED lit... The Tribeca dash treatment turned more driver-focused, and melded into the SVX's horizontal-button door cards... Plus a heads up display on the windshield. Electro-luminescent gauges like the 05-09 Legacy GT... Folding, LED turn signal mirrors..

Add some modern touches like better keyless entry, and trunk access, and window/sunroof control. Remote start with the automatic... keyless RFID start. Memory seat and mirror settings. Rear view camera integrated into the dash display...

But keep SVX's long, low, wide coupe style, the flush glass, Window-in-a-window, and 2+2 seating.

And a fastback hatch (the single thing that my old 93 Probe GT had over the SVX...), maybe even automatically opening and closing on an electronic actuator system, like some minivans/SUVs have.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Yes a 100% correct on the 2010 Legacy/Outback 6mts. they are based off the 5mt with basicly adding the 6th gear and tightening the other gears by a hair for better cruising and such to reach those better MPGs.
the STi's aren't all 65% rear BTW the 06/07's are actually less. Not sure about the JDM's but yeah this is the reason I hunted for an 05' and not only got what I wanted for mine for my Impreza but got a killer deal on it.
[/threadjack]
I'd love to see some "pignose" redisions of the SVX. I mean keeping it on the boxxyish side that the SVX holds but basicly just a little face lifting. Some of these are WAY out there. Not a fan of the Camaro grafting at all... But I already said that.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 01-05-2010, 03:35 AM

I have tried to graft the headlights from В9 Tribeca to SVX. The result is not successful. The line of Tribeca's hood is more high. It looks ugly. Besides I do not like forward part В9. I understand that it's very original but in my opinion the front end of В9 before restyling is unharmonious and unpresentable.

couple pictures on WRX theme

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
I have tried to graft the headlights from В9 Tribeca to SVX. The result is not successful. The line of Tribeca's hood is more high. It looks ugly. Besides I do not like forward part В9. I understand that it's very original but in my opinion the front end of В9 before restyling is unharmonious and unpresentable.
The Tribeca is ugly.

If you stood a Tribeca beside an SVX it's obvious there is no way a nose graft would work without drastically altering the proportions.

The SVX is designed to be low and sleek and slip under the wind, with narrow headlights and a low hood to achieve this slippery effect.

The Tribeca on the other hand is designed to be tall and imposing and bluff, with little or no concession to CD factor or wind penetration.

No way could they be compatible.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

And don't show that second WRX one to Danny, or he'll be putting that nose on The Monster.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
The Tribeca is ugly.

If you stood a Tribeca beside an SVX it's obvious there is no way a nose graft would work without drastically altering the proportions.

The SVX is designed to be low and sleek and slip under the wind, with narrow headlights and a low hood to achieve this slippery effect.

The Tribeca on the other hand is designed to be tall and imposing and bluff, with little or no concession to CD factor or wind penetration.

No way could they be compatible.

Joe

I am not sure I was as clear as I should have been.

I didn't want the bulk and height of the Tribeca's nose. I just like the sleek and laid-back headlights, on SVX's low nose. 06-07 Tribeca's headlights are quite sleek, but everything below them is vertically tall.

I like the 04 JDM Legacy GT... and I like the 06-07 "hawk-eye" Impreza headlights on the SVX.

Not a fan of the top-tapered ovoid center grille from that era Tribeca NOR Impreza, though. REALLY don't like the 08+ Impreza look, not on the Impreza, and certainly not on the SVX.

I've always wondered if the SVX could adopt a more "angry" expression, which the 04-07 Legacy and 06-07 Impreza headlights allude to. With the outboard parts of the hood taking an inward cant from the fenders to the center part of the hood. There isn't much elevation change, so it wouldn't be much, but just a little bit.

I still wonder, if the Dodge Stealth and Mistu 3000GT can have sleeked back headlights, especially the late models, with fixed projectors, rather than flip-ups, if SVX could somehow incorporate the Tribeca's similarly sleeked back triangular headlights.

When I was speaking earlier of Tribeca being inspiration for an updated SVX, I didn't intend the SVX to take on dimensions of the Tribeca. I was speaking in a bit more of an abstract "design language and detail" way, not of sharing body dimensions or panels specifically.

------------