Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 12-29-2008, 08:34 AM

luminics pure blue bulbs

i would like to know if someone already used this bulbs on there svxs. i bought a set of 9006 luminics pure blue bulbs 6000k. according to their pictures they show pretty but since we have projectors, it might change the color of it.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: luminics pure blue bulbs

If they're just blue halogen bulbs, they really aren't worth the cost. They're just regular old halogens with blue tinted glass. Their luminosity is lower and the color (6000k) isn't very good for anything other than looks.

I'd suggest getting HID's if you want to really increase your light output.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM

i actually just wanna a deep nice blue color. since i already have i will try it when i get the svx and take some pics how they look. here is the link anyways http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUMIN...Q5fAccessories

if it does not work as shown i will be pissed lol....
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM

Registered SVX

I have a feeling that the light output is going to be diminished quite a bit with those bulbs and that driving at night won't be much fun.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Looks and smells great.

Just get the DDM HIDs if you want improved lighting. Look under either "HID kit on the cheap" in general or "<$100 mods" in Mod Mania. They're $35 a pair right now, I believe.
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM

i just going for the looks right now. im used to driving w this kind of bulbs on my other car. is just my car does not have projectors as the svx does
Old 12-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsvx View Post
i actually just wanna a deep nice blue color. since i already have i will try it when i get the svx and take some pics how they look. here is the link anyways http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUMIN...Q5fAccessories

if it does not work as shown i will be pissed lol....
For an extra 15 bucks, I'd rather have the 6000k HID's. They actually increase your light output and look cool. Those ebay bulbs just look "cool" but have no other usage. A waste of money imho.
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Even still, going for "just the looks", HID's are the way to go.. A nice set of 6000k hids look AMAZING in our cars.. Anyway.... Blue lights, even as head lights, are illegal..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

*searches for the HID fire thread on NASIOC*

Ah, here it is:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1660625

And this is why I don't buy cheap sh*t. I'm more than happy paying the $200 or whatever it was for the kit svxfiles sells.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
*searches for the HID fire thread on NASIOC*

Ah, here it is:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1660625

And this is why I don't buy cheap sh*t. I'm more than happy paying the $200 or whatever it was for the kit svxfiles sells.
I'm willing to bet that he overdrew the wiring and that caught the ballast and bumper on fire. Besides, those enclosures are so small, I can hardly believe an HID bulb actually fit in there.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 PM

that sucks for the sti. well i had the bulbs long time and i wanted to use them on my civic but they i got projectors headlight so the bulb partner were different. thanks guys. i will get eventually then HIDs for future
Old 12-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsvx View Post
that sucks for the sti. well i had the bulbs long time and i wanted to use them on my civic but they i got projectors headlight so the bulb partner were different. thanks guys. i will get eventually then HIDs for future

Ew, your first mistake was the Civic.. With the SVX, they are projection lenses as well. If the blue lights work on your vehicle though, let us know and post some pics. Hell, you oughta post pics of your car as it is now. Can never have too many pictures when it comes to cars..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM

i never did use them on the civic, i bought them for the stock headlight but decided to get some projectors headlights for the civic so basically i never used on the civic. i hope it has a blue tint w the projectors of the svx. i have to post pics of the svx too...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to IceBlade

I used similar bulbs but went cheapest I could find. $2/bulb to be exact. They worked nicely for 6 months and gave me a cool blue colour.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

There are two types of people looking for modified lights for their cars.

1) Those owners who want to SEE better.

2) Those owners who want to BE SEEN or noticed because of a fashionable colour or other frippery.

Any owner foolish or vain enough to fit a lamp that is tested as unsafe or gives inferior vision deserves to earn the wages of stupidity. A few more of them should go up in flames, and I for one would not shed any tears.

If that sounds harsh it is because I am being regularly blinded by so many ricers with illegally fitted HIDs.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl