Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: Checking Interest Now...

Definately the cloud design for me...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 AM

I know what you mean but both are cloud designs. The shaded area in both the front and rears is where the design is vague and will need to be built to have some supporting pieces and structures so it doesn't vibrate or move. I am not sure what but some vertical and cross supports inset deep enough will still give the over all look. I will see what I can come up with when I get more time.
Roo, as for when they will be available to take the car it is still kind of up in the air for that since they want money paid before starting anything and I am wanting everything from the idea/ design end a bit more firm before I start throwing money out there. I will try to get some info from the company who will build it. Internet in the Amazon is a bit rough so I may have to call them.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
I figured a question like this would come up.The Cloud kit as far as my research has only consisted of the side skirts the front and rear bumpers were not made and the pictures of them we have seen are photoshops. I could be wrong and some things get lost in the translation from Japanese to english but I don't believe they were ever produced for sale. That and you don't see much of the inner structure that will make it strong enough to hold up and not vibrate or break.

I think I am using the cloud pictures as a platform to design mine from because it looks great on the car and matches what I want and because alot of others feel the same way about it too.

I think of this potential kit being listed not as a "Cloud Clone" but more of an "Inspired By Cloud" type thing.
I know what you mean, and in a way thats all "fine and dandy". I just wish people would stop copying other peoples designs and try something of their own.

It'd be nice to see some other peoples ideas, copying stuff leaves very few options for things.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 08-30-2008, 07:14 PM

Dustin, it's better to have purchaseable copies then to have ideas always floating around. The svx community doesn't have room to be picky when it comes to overmarket items, so whoever out there has a desire to make whatever it may be a copy or completely original product please do so, the more options the better!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:22 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

Seriously, go make a model then. Sign my up for that first kit. I would **** bricks if I could get my hands on these. The area in the front bumper is just begging for a giant fmic.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 AM

I'm still here and still planning this out, I have emailed the company and am just giving them time to respond about the design process. I am hoping it will lead to a phone conversation or discussion with them to get the ball rolling. Is there anyone else who is willing to volunteer as a back up donor vehicle for kit fit form and function during the build process? Remember it is 5-7 weeks and includes a free kit. I am still working the ideas and things out as far as design and any changes or ideas but thoughts or input from all of you are welcome!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I'm still here and still planning this out, I have emailed the company and am just giving them time to respond about the design process. I am hoping it will lead to a phone conversation or discussion with them to get the ball rolling. Is there anyone else who is willing to volunteer as a back up donor vehicle for kit fit form and function during the build process? Remember it is 5-7 weeks and includes a free kit. I am still working the ideas and things out as far as design and any changes or ideas but thoughts or input from all of you are welcome!
I'd gladly volunteer.... but being as I'm way up in Wisconsin I doubt it would be the easiest back up to find......
Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM

New Info

I bet you guys thought I disappeared and forgot about this...

Ok I spoke with the company today and I just emailed them pictures of what I want. I guess the process is they work up the basic design discuss price and get back to me on how much per kit to build and then based on that I need to get them a car. BTW they are in Riverside/ Corona California and if anyone who reads this is capable of donating their car for 5-7 weeks for a free kit please please let me know it would be way easier and cheaper and also better if it atleast runs. So this is still on going I am looking forward to getting information back from them so I can get this started! I will post designs they send me or comments as soon as I get them.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

exciting... can't wait to see what you have to offer!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:06 AM

Hehe Johnny I used to live in Sandy about 90th south 15th east area.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

no freakin way my parents house is like 90th n 20th E abouts... hahaha
Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo
Re: New Info

Quote:
I bet you guys thought I disappeared and forgot about this...

Ok I spoke with the company today and I just emailed them pictures of what I want. I guess the process is they work up the basic design discuss price and get back to me on how much per kit to build and then based on that I need to get them a car. BTW they are in Riverside/ Corona California and if anyone who reads this is capable of donating their car for 5-7 weeks for a free kit please please let me know it would be way easier and cheaper and also better if it atleast runs. So this is still on going I am looking forward to getting information back from them so I can get this started! I will post designs they send me or comments as soon as I get them.
Thanks
I'm still here, still willing to drive my car down there, and still willing to help out...

...I've just been waiting to hear back from you per your last PM...

No back-up needed here. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who lives more locally, and I'd drop my car off with him and see if he'd retrieve the car for me...

I don't think he'd mind driving my SVX for a bit.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:52 AM

Sorry it took me so long to update. I spoke with the company over the phone and emailed them as many cloud pictures as I could find (not many) and apparently the process is a bit different than what it was initially I guess costs go up etc. So I can get less than 10 kits but the cost goes way up, the quote I got for each kit is $995 plus shipping so shipping is cash on delivery which I don't know what that adds up to for some it could be cheap others more expensive. I was expecting the kits to cost less to have them made.
So if I can get 5 people to put up their 995 or agree to then I will set up an account or something or we can have a trusted member of the site as money holder/ issuer if needed. I will buy the other 5 kits for resale later. The company will sell the kits on their site after they have the mold unless I purchase the mold and decide to become the only distributer which they give me the option to do. The company will sell them for more than 1200 per kit then shipping will still be COD so getting in on the build with me is the cheapest kit you can find, remember this is the Full Kit side skirts rear bumper and front bumper. They say they will have no problems making the kit and during build they will take pictures and will accept input and ideas for modifications and changes if desired so I figure everyone will get a say in it. I asked them to definitely keep me on file until I could talk to people on here so if you all are interested please send me a PM and/or post questions or comments. The sooner I get everyone lined up the sooner we can make this happen. Roo, if you are still interested from your posts I could definitely use the car there in Riverside/Corona area when this all goes down and you get a free kit, the first kit! I guess it can't hurt to let you guys check their work and their other options just keep in mind their group buy and custom kit option in their website is a basic deal and after talking with them prices had gone up. Anyway check them out at www.bodykits.com
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 AM

So to clarify, this is $995.00 for

-Front Bumper
-Side Skirts
-Rear Bumper

If this is so, this is a great deal! considering side skirts alone cost about $850 from motorsportwarehouse.

If this is the case, definately count me in. However, if it is 995/piece, I may have to reconsider.

PS...what material will this company be using? time frame?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777

THat is an amazing deal.

If I decide to keep the SVX I'm in. I'll know around early/mid November.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap