How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-11-2001, 12:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
O.T. Audi TT Meet - Example

Here's a link to a summary of an Audi TT meet. I like the idea of going to a place like Fall Waters. Now we just gotta find 70+ SVX's in one place. Nice summary!

I'm sorry, but I don't really care for the 'styling' of the TT (egg-like) but it's good to see so many people getting along...

Next year we'll see ya in Layfette!! 100+ SVXs!! Whooo Hooo

http://www.vwvortex.com/features/ind...ingwaters.html
Old 05-11-2001, 01:05 PM
Headed to Texas...

<<I'm sorry, but I don't really care for the 'styling' of the TT (egg-like) but it's good to see so many people getting along... >>

I agree with your comments on the Audi TT - of course Audi styling in general leaves me cold. There have been several members - mostly on Yahoo, I think - salivating over the S8. While I have no doubt that it's all they say it is, the styling of the car just doesn't do anything for me.

Regarding the large turnout the Audi group had, I think that says more about the relative number of Audi TT owners that have the time and $$ to attend an event like that. I wonder if there was a registration fee?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-11-2001, 01:10 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Interesting, Jeff. There was actually some discussion about changing the location of the "Reading" Meet (Morgantown, actually, but, who's really counting) to Fall Waters. But, it was not decided. I still have an "emotional" bond to the Reading (see, I can't even call it Morgantown cuz it was billed as Reading when we first met) location, because it was my first.

But, if it would draw more cars . . .

I don't really like the TT's styling either. Just a personal thing (I was frightened by a large Jelly Bean as a child.)

It is an interesting gathering, though. The last time I saw that many TT's in one place, was on a stage in Vegas! <rimshot>
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-11-2001, 01:14 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<There have been several members - mostly on Yahoo, I think - salivating over the S8.>>

There is a black on that sits in the parking lot across from my office. The same fellow who drives it , drives a Boxter, A '99 Vette and a chopped Deuce Coupe. Needless to say, it's the "plainest" car he drives. It may be okay, but, to me "looks" are important, and it looks like a . . . well, a . . . a car.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-11-2001, 01:56 PM
tat2skullz

I think the looks are part of it's charm... if you don't know what it is, you'll probably shrug it off as "just another Audi"... 'till it leaves you a mile and half behind in just a few seconds. I've always been a fan of the "sleeper".

If you've ever sat inside an S8, you might... I said might (slim chance, I know) think twice about how comfortable the SVX is.

As far as the TT... yeuuuuuck! I don't think I could comfortably drive any automobile that would fit in my closet, or under my bed.... hehehe

Seth
Old 05-11-2001, 02:10 PM
Headed to Texas...

<<I think the looks are part of it's charm... if you don't know what it is, you'll probably shrug it off as "just another Audi"... 'till it leaves you a mile and half behind in just a few seconds. I've always been a fan of the "sleeper". >>

I'm with you on the "sleeper" part. I've always loved old unmarked police cruisers.
But for the money Audi wants for a S8, I think I want more than a sleeper look . . .
Besides, it still looks like an Audi

jnj7707@yahoo.com