Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I think the Medium Gray Metallic 217 is the same color as the Gray Metallic 250. I can't imagine Subaru producing three shades of metallic gray for the same car.

As far as the Bright Yellow. the code is 516. I retrived an old saved email that I sent to Bell-Colvill in the UK. I asked them what the color was.

I have never found the color codes for the wheels in any publication or reference. Transwheel Corporation, one of the largest wheel refinishing companies in the US, has five wheel colors listed for the SVX, each with a different refinishing code: Maybe there were production variances in the early years.

1992-93
Gray Charcoal
Medium Charcoal
Light Charcoal
Charcoal w/purple undertone

1997-97
Bright Silver

An if this isn't confusing enough. As long as we are talking about wheels, Transwheel also has two fifferent codes, one with a smaller centerbore. I have only seen the larger centerbore. Did the 4WS cars use the other one. See attachment.
Wow! I thought there were only two codes, dark and light. Shows what I know.

Here's my guess; Fuji / Subaru at Gunma never painted the wheels, and so have no production records of paint codes.
I suspect they bought the wheels in fully built and polished from the manufacturer, and the wheel people mixed up the colour in batches, with obvious differences. At least until Fuji QA insisted on one definite colour with the later bright silver ones.

I've never seen a wheel with the smaller centrebore, so far as I know. Phil has a 4WS and an S40, maybe he could measure up and check if there is a difference for us?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Revised Spreadsheet

OK people

Thanks for all the help so far.

The spreadsheet is now pretty comprehensive, and I think fairly useful for people to cross-reference different models and years.

It could be much improved. There are many questions about what colours were offered to different markets. Even what reds and so on were offered in the UK is not clear.

If anyone has brochures that would clarify this, any help would be welcome.

Joe

Revised spreadsheet:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...ntialist|40159

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
I also worked on a revised spreadsheet, using Joe's and James' amd others information. This one has the paint codes listed numerically and makes for easier editing or additions.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...cess/40451.xls..UPDATED

This thing is really coming together. Now to get rid of the question marks.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-13-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Good work John

That is brighter and neater.

I could only fault it on one point; putting the US colours first

My colour list was set up using the colours as they appeared in chronological order, or as near as was possible to that, since they came out in different times in different markets.

The reason I put Japan in the first column was two-fold. Japan is the parent market, I suppose, is the first one. The second reason would be that Japan got a higher percentage of the different colours than any other market.

If you check your list you will see that US has 5 Not availables and Japan has only 3, the Yellow and the two solid reds.

It works fine either way, and it is a great start to now have a matrix where we can look for and ask for information, and fill it in until we have the complete picture.

Very good so far guys, I like it.

Joe

BTW, there are a few other markets we could add in there if we had any information about them. I'm thinking of South Africa, South America and Canada in particular.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
Quote:
....Laguna Blue (although I know of no one who has ever seen a Laguna Blue Pearl in 96 or 97)
....The photo in the brochure shows a Laguna Blue plowing through the snow, with the 97 grille
....plainly visible.

I have, lol...one for sale here in MN http://carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?u...DealerGroupID=
sorry for jacking the thread Joe, but i needed to post it up
Old 12-05-2006, 05:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
This begs the question what are the colours #215 and #217 used for? That's why I suggested the wheels.

Paul is adamant the early JDM cars used Liquid Silver 249, either on its own with a black roof, or with the grey lower portion 250 and the black roof. All the later cars used the bright silver. So what are the other two silver colours used for? Joe
#215 was the paint code for the two-tone colour scheme. #249 was the silver code for the two-tone and #249 was also used as a single colour on the S40 model.

My code list shows the yellow as being #518 Bright Yellow. The list has the code for every colour of every JDM Subaru model/make ever made.

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3
I have, lol...one for sale here in MN http://carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?u...DealerGroupID=
??

I found a 96 in Twin cities Chris. But it has the old grill.

Was yours a different car? That link did not work too good I think.

How's it going? You get all those problems sorted?

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlesnz
#215 was the paint code for the two-tone colour scheme. #249 was the silver code for the two-tone and #249 was also used as a single colour on the S40 model.

My code list shows the yellow as being #518 Bright Yellow. The list has the code for every colour of every JDM Subaru model/make ever made.
That's interesting.

518 is what it looks like on the brochure on James' site, but difficult to be sure, the resolution is too low.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I managed to copy and paste your link. It worked. Same car. Not the '97 grille.

That blue is a sweet colour all the same.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
i know its doesnt have a 97 grill, i HAD one...i say had caus mine was destroyed and is in a few million pieces over by the mall in my city. I was getting everything sorted out, but then last weekend happened, needless to say i have some awesome pistons and rods sitting in my car, but i have to fix the car first. in the effort of avoiding being completely tottaled by a new ford explorer i hit a dodge van...messed up the front of the SVX pretty good, i have began to fix it tho, the core support is back where its was, light is being fixed friday, now i need a passenger side mirror, hood, grill and front bumper. then the car will be back! i think i have figured out everything technically, as in the motor and driveling difficulties, me and legendary Mike Rhey(sp?) were talkign at a party last weekend and he gave me some insight on what it might be and what i can do to fix it. at this point i think i am selling the car to relieve the stress, but will stay aroudn the community and buy another one once the shop is started up and set in place. all i can say is, SVX stock seatbelts and airbags dissapointed me, thank god i had my sparco harness in or i would be in alot of pain right now
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Wow!

Quote:
i know its doesnt have a 97 grill, i HAD one...i say had caus mine was destroyed and is in a few million pieces over by the mall in my city. I was getting everything sorted out, but then last weekend happened, needless to say i have some awesome pistons and rods sitting in my car, but i have to fix the car first. in the effort of avoiding being completely tottaled by a new ford explorer i hit a dodge van...messed up the front of the SVX pretty good, i have began to fix it tho, the core support is back where its was, light is being fixed friday, now i need a passenger side mirror, hood, grill and front bumper. then the car will be back! i think i have figured out everything technically, as in the motor and driveling difficulties, me and legendary Mike Rhey(sp?) were talkign at a party last weekend and he gave me some insight on what it might be and what i can do to fix it. at this point i think i am selling the car to relieve the stress, but will stay aroudn the community and buy another one once the shop is started up and set in place. all i can say is, SVX stock seatbelts and airbags dissapointed me, thank god i had my sparco harness in or i would be in alot of pain right now
This sounds pretty serious Chris. I'm glad you were'nt hurt.

Take care of yourself and drive defensively and sensibly. Nobody plans accidents, but they happen.

Best avoided.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
More updating!

Quote:
I also worked on a revised spreadsheet, using Joe's and James' amd others information. This one has the paint codes listed numerically and makes for easier editing or additions.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...cess/40204.xls..UPDATED

This thing is really coming together. Now to get rid of the question marks.
Here is one area enlightened:

The UK got the Barcelona Red, but with black roof and trunk. See pics in my locker of Mark's '94, which was at JAE:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...ntialist|40232

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
I need to clear up the confusion on the reds worldwide. As I understand it, there are three (or maybe four) reds:

Crimson Mica (not offered in the US, but listed in the chart as 265, with Dark Red/Claret)
Barcelona Red (The 25th anniversary color and on 93-94's sold in the US.
Brilliant Red (Replaced Barcelona Red starting in 1995 through 1997 in the US)

And then there is something called Swiss Ruby Mica (a UK color) Is this similar to Crimson Mica? See the attachments) Offered in Switzerland.Germany?

Which of the last two colors does "Bright Red" refer to? I thought it was another name for Brilliant Red. It shows up in the German section of the chart in 1993.(I thought the Germans got the Mica paint)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swiss Ruby Mica2.jpg (78.7 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg Ruby Mica.jpg (374.0 KB, 178 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-08-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I need to clear up the confusion on the reds worldwide. As I understand it, there are three (or maybe four) reds:

Crimson Mica (not offered in the US, but listed in the chart as 265, with Dark Red/Claret)
Barcelona Red (The 25th anniversary color and on 93-94's sold in the US.
Brilliant Red (Replaced Barcelona Red starting in 1995 through 1997 in the US)

And then there is something called Swiss Ruby Mica (a UK color) Is this similar to Crimson Mica? See the attachments) Offered in Switzerland.Germany?

Which of the last two colors does "Bright Red" refer to? I thought it was another name for Brilliant Red. It shows up in the German section of the chart in 1993.(I thought the Germans got the Mica paint)

Both of them, unfortunately

On eBay at the moment, a Swiss guy is selling a '93 German catalogue, or at least a '93 catalogue that is in German.
In this catalogue there is a car shown in the colour chart that is called Bright Red. The colour code is Barcelona Red, it has the black roof same as the UK one in my locker.

James has what he calls a European catalogue up. This is post '95, because the all-one-colours are up on it, incl Polo Green. Now this European catalogue is in English and has RHD cars, so it is a UK catalogue. It contains two strange or imprecise colour names.
In conflict with our German colours above, they list Bright Red, but this is coded for Brilliant Red, and is all one colour. So far two different colours called Bright Red.

Now it gets worse. They list what they call Crimson Mica. The code for this particular Crimson Mica is what we think of as Bordeaux, and it is the all-over colour. This conflicts with the name the Japanese gave to 265, which is Claret and Black and which in Japan is called Crimson Mica.

The last one you mention John is very rare, nobody I know has seen that colour in a UK car. Ruby Mica is a name I have used for it, maybe it's full name is Swiss Ruby Mica? This is code 247, listed in Japan as Red Mica. I think it's a beautiful colour. That Australian one you have in the last picture, it is a smashing car.

Incidentally, Bipa who is/was stationed in Germany owns one of this colour, which I think she purchased from Switzerland, or from a Swiss owner. Actually, has anybody heard from her lately? I don't think she has posted in a long while, I hope she is all right.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
John

I just noticed that the first attachment you have shown, that is actually Bipa's car, in the garage where she bought it from.

Any idea where she has been of late? No posts since June.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: