Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Spring and SVXi are finally here in Winnipeg!

Well it's finally starting to look like spring here in Winnipeg. The temperatures are finally in the double digits (°C) ...that means in the 50's for those who still think in °F.

The SVXi are starting to sprout. I saw a red one friday while I was on my way to one of the Juno Awards activities.

I also saw a pearlie on my way to work today. I'm so excited!

It was too bad that on both occasions I did not have any extra time to give chase like the crazy owners we are.

Last edited by Earthworm; 05-19-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Wow, another one. This one was a silver. Once again unable to take chase.

This is turning into a Manitoba sightings thread.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Meow!

I saw another SVX. This one was green and used to belong to a member (bjones). It now belongs to his son. He has his own account here but I'm not 100% sure if he said it was "awdfan".
Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Glad to hear you all survived hibernation!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Meow!

Hibernation??? Bah, I was out playing in the snow with winter tires on my SVX and the suspension set to its highest setting.

I think I was the only one though.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
SnowPlow

Quote:
Hibernation??? Bah, I was out playing in the snow with winter tires on my SVX and the suspension set to its highest setting.

I think I was the only one though.
How much ground clearance can you get? I just moved to Cavalier, ND about 1hr south of winnepeg and thought I would just have to "hibernate" my SVX. How much did you spend on your suspension? Mine could use to be replaced anyways.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPlow
How much ground clearance can you get? I just moved to Cavalier, ND about 1hr south of winnepeg and thought I would just have to "hibernate" my SVX. How much did you spend on your suspension? Mine could use to be replaced anyways.
I figure I've got about a 3" range. I can go about 1" higher or 2" lower than stock. It really depends on where you weld the spring seats for the coilovers. The SVX is great in the snow but ONLY with winter tires. Summer tires + 5 Spd + snow = easy to lose control!

Koni's are $660 from Classicgarage.com
Coilovers I ordered through Subaru of Gwinnett. I think they are $400.

My rear struts were completely shot (bouncy). I needed to replace them but the local dealership wanted about CAD$375+tax each! I decided to go Koni/GC because I'm in the habit that when I need to replace something in my car I'd like to improve it over stock one way or another.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPlow
I just moved to Cavalier, ND
I forgot how close that is (100 miles). You should come up to visit sometime. (minimeet)
Old 05-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Meow!

Saw 2 yesterday. First was a pearlie belonging to a member here by the name of "flirtychick" who just posted her first message here today. I didn't see her but I left a card and a gift on her windshield reminding her of the forum.

The other was a silver that was on Portage Ave. (in case you're reading this) of which I did not know/see the owner. I also left a card and gift on the windshield.

Gift = SVX static window sticker
Old 05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
Saskatchewan Sighting

Hey, I saw one in Saskatchewan today, in my garage.

I guess the only good thing about being the only one in Sask. was that I was able to order custom Sask. plates that read 'SVX'.

1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
Hey, I saw one in Saskatchewan today, in my garage.

I guess the only good thing about being the only one in Sask. was that I was able to order custom Sask. plates that read 'SVX'.
I saw an SVX here with those plates a while ago so I doubt I could get that. I'm sure I could get ALCYONE though. Was thinking of better ones though.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Meow!

Well it's not spring anymore but this is kind of a sighting thread for me so I will say that a claret followed me home last night.

...well it wasn't my home at that time...but it is NOW!!
...it's also not my SVX as when I turned into the driveway it drove off.

I was hoping the owner would have stopped but oh well. I would have chased except we were with our realtor and putting the offer in on this house (which we won that night).

The only 2 clarets I know of in Winnipeg are Ralph's (on the network) and Sid's (not a member).
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 PM

I saw a White SVX here in Winnipeg today parked on Main St., in front of the gay bar, Desire, I feel sorry for that SVX...
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)
Old 05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Meow!

I saw a silver yesterday on my way home from work.

There was an asian girl driving while on her cell phone. I wasn't going to flag her down since she was distracted enough as it was.

I watched her miss a turn, make a quick u-turn to correct that mistake then pulled into a gas station then immediately out again.

The car had seen better days too.