SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2001, 02:32 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Hey all,
Well i just sealed the deal. I traded my SVX in two hours ago for a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-Turbo. I hated to do it, and mon when i finally dont have her anymore it will be a sad day, but all good things must come to an end. The eclipse is a 5sp.....its much faster then the SVX....way faster..the turbo pulls very hard. I got a great deal on it, and it is PERFECT workin order, wiht 30k less miles then the SVX. Ill still be in talking to yall. Thanks for all the help with everything, but these cars are just to complicated and expensive for a 17 year old to be worrying about. The eclipse is straight forward, reliable, and cheap to fix.
Dont worry, when i get a little older, ill have an SVX again.
thanks again all, and I hope you understand.
phast
Old 04-13-2001, 04:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Bummin'
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-13-2001, 09:45 PM
Headed to Texas...

Unhappy

. . . I knew I felt a disturbance in The Force tonight

jnj7707@yahoo.com

Last edited by svxxx26; 04-14-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2001, 03:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Oh, and I aint even gonna ask about the bra.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-15-2001, 12:41 PM
ACSVX

please don't take this the wrong way but, Mitsubishi? RELIABLE?? what phantasy world are you living in?
Old 04-15-2001, 10:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
Reliability?

Well if the car actually was a Mitsubishi, it might be more reliable, but the damn thing is mostly a Chrysler, built at the Normal IL, Neon plant. Consumer reports gives that car a "much worse than average" overall reliability report. Phil, I hope down the road you don't regret trading in the good ol' SVX. I know the Eclipse is much faster, but I am sure you are going to miss the AWD in the tough WI winters. Later, Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com
Old 04-16-2001, 09:13 AM
Lowered SVX

wow.....

what is really weird is that i have almost traded the svx a couple of times. in fact about three months ago i was sitting in a mitsu dealership about to trade the svx for a 2000 eclipse gt. i mean i had already filled out the paperwork and everything. but i just couldnt do it. i have had too many good times with the car, too much history. plus it still makes me happy everytime i look at it. phast, a couple of months from now you will regret your decision. now you will just blend in with every other eclipse owner. too bad....
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-16-2001, 09:28 AM

Registered SVX
Before I had the SVX, (even when I had the Spitfire -- which was unique in its own way), I used to look at different cars and ooooo, and ahhhhh, and say, "I wish I had one of those." Now that I have the SVX, I don't do that. Sure, I'd like to have a Lambo Countach, 32 Bugatti 55B or a 70 'Cuda Hemi Fliptop, but, you just don't see those on the road "that often" . I get a little "twinge" when I see an XK8 or a XJS Fliptop, but, all in all, as far as what's on the road today, I'm totally satisfied and can just smile when I see a Mitsu, or MR2 Spyder, a Stealth or 3000GT -- I don't care if it can't blow the doors off of everything on the road as far as speed is concerned -- It's faster than I'll ever need for it to go, it's classier than I deserve, and it's styling is TOTALLY different from ANYTHING that rides the highways. Trade it? Never. I may add to my stable, but the SVX is THE car -- despite its quirks and its "occasional" aggrivations.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-16-2001, 09:40 AM
Headed to Texas...

<<Before I had the SVX, (even when I had the Spitfire -- which was unique in its own way), I used to look at different cars and ooooo, and ahhhhh, and say, "I wish I had one of those." Now that I have the SVX, I don't do that. Sure, I'd like to have a Lambo Countach, 32 Bugatti 55B or a 70 'Cuda Hemi Fliptop, but, you just don't see those on the road "that often" . I get a little "twinge" when I see an XK8 or a XJS Fliptop, but, all in all, as far as what's on the road today, I'm totally satisfied and can just smile when I see a Mitsu, or MR2 Spyder, a Stealth or 3000GT -- I don't care if it can't blow the doors off of everything on the road as far as speed is concerned -- It's faster than I'll ever need for it to go, it's classier than I deserve, and it's styling is TOTALLY different from ANYTHING that rides the highways. Trade it? Never. I may add to my stable, but the SVX is THE car -- despite its quirks and its "occasional" aggrivations.>>

Aredub, I might substitute some different cars on your list - maybe a Plymouth Superbird, or a '67 427 tri-power Corvette - but I'm right with you on the SVX. It is the first and only car I've had that I can't think of a replacement for. At any price.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 04-16-2001, 09:55 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Talking Ditto me on that

If I can help it - mine's here for good!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-16-2001, 10:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Model behaviour

Yes Steve,
I admit this car has a lot to recommend it as a keepsake. I am very pleased with mine, I'll be more pleased if I can get it to work with all 4 gears.

Sorry to hear Phast has gone all ecliptical, but if you only run one car, sometimes that can be a deciding factor, a more ordinary model can fit the bill better, luggage space, room for big kids and so on. Best of luck Phast, and keep the {SVX} faith.

On another model, has anyone seen photos of Ford's styling exercise, they call it Forty Nine?.

It is beautiful.

Runs on a Mercury/Jaguar S chassis, and the minimalist detailing, like some of the best custom work, is so right, your eye can see no fault.

To borrow a phrase from Field of Dreams [Kevin Costner, remember??], "If they build it, I will come"

Joe
Old 04-16-2001, 11:04 AM
Lowered SVX

ardub.....

very well said my friend. this car just pulls you in even though it does have a lot of problems. i just love the way she looks. it is just a beautiful design....plain and simple. plus if i really want to get crazy into some hp, i will just by a bigger turbo for my GTI. that little car is a closet rocket ship and the mods are plentiful. in time i will tap its potential. but in the meantime i am going to enjoy my wonderful SVX.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"

Last edited by 1994SubaruSVX; 04-16-2001 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2001, 12:55 PM

Registered SVX
Oh, and one more thing . . .

I doubt that you will get the kind of "moral" support and friendliness and all 'round just "good peopleness" with other car owners. How many eclipse owners would offer to have you stop by their house on your way to an "eclipse meet" pick up their eclipse, drive it to the meet, keep it for three days (maybe longer), then, drop it off on your way home -- and they'd NEVER MET YOU (in person, anyway)? How many other car owners would offer to have you stay with their family, if you drive to their location far away, because your Suby dealer is a jerk, and the only option you have to get decent "dealer" service is hundreds of miles away, and they've never met you and for all they know you could be an axe murderer? How many 'vette owners would say, "oh, if you can't drive your car to the meet, drive whatever you can, then, my wife and I will sit in the back and you can drive my car around?" How many owners of other cars, who have a parts car, would just surprise you by sending you, anonomously, parts in the mail that you'd happen to mention needing? These are all PERSONAL examples of the kind of PEOPLE that are behind these cars. So, you see, it ain't just the car that makes the SVX so incredibly wonderful. I've said it a million times (give or take a few), SVXers are some of the greatest people on this planet. The combo of car and people is indescribable.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-16-2001, 02:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
It's faster than I'll ever need for it to go, it's classier than I deserve, and it's styling is TOTALLY different from ANYTHING that rides the highways. Trade it? Never. I may add to my stable, but the SVX is THE car -- despite its quirks and its "occasional" aggrivations. [/B]
Here, here.

What else can I say?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-16-2001, 09:57 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
true

Anybody who has followd me knows that my SVX was a nightmare. Everything that could go wrong did or was going to. I could not aford to maintain it, and the eclipse is a 5spd, much cheaper tofix. The car is in PERFECT condition, and im not beating on it.
that mixed wiht gas prices going to be 2.10 this summer i had to sell it, we put as much into it as we bought it for, and it needed WAY more work. The eclipse drives very smooth, and we bought it from the most reputable dealer in town. I will miss the SVX, but not having to work on it and spend ALL my money on it, i need a car that i can just drive, and this is the one. I always had to screw around with the SVX. I will buy another one some day. Ill upload some pics of it tomorow wiht my digital camera.
later
phast