Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
jklmnopqrst

London-- Here I Come!!

My fraternity and I are planning on visiting London, Englalnd from March 10 to March 20th. Are there any SVXers in that area that are willing to give me some advice on where to stay? We are looking at a few hostels but cannot come to a final decision on which to choose. There will be 10 of us in total but we will be splitting up into groups of 2 to 3. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, I know that I may be asking for a little too much but would it be possible for some of us to just crash at someone's pad for a few days. We are just college students at the University of Idaho and we are really strapped for cash. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 PM
jklmnopqrst

Update

So far, I have checked out "St. Christopher's Village" and "The Generator." The Village definitely has affordable rates, but they seem to be booked from March 10th to March 20th. Also, would it be a good idea to stay at one of the local YMCAs? If somebody offered us a place to stay, we will definitely offer some sort of compensation ($$). Any and all help will definitely be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi J

There are one or two members from the London area. I am in Ireland myself, so can't help, sorry.

Pads in London tend to be small because of the high rent, so it may be physically impossible for someone to help, unless some of our members owns a stately home

I would suggest you contact the Union of Students of Ireland, known as the USI. They have a travel wing, and would be well versed in available accommodation and the quality and price of hostels in London. As visiting foreign students, they are sure to point you in the right direction. I do not know the title of the equivalent English org, maybe our English members can help here?

Best of luck with your trip. Take a spin on the big ferris wheel, marvellous views, I liked it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: