Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 08-21-2001, 05:57 PM
Qclass

calling card found at Benaroya parking gargage

Hi,

Someone left a calling card for this forum on my green SVX on August 15th at the Benaroya Research Institute parking gargage. I just want to know who you are and perhaps we can get together and compare notes.

Duke
Old 08-21-2001, 11:36 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: calling card found at Benaroya parking gargage

Quote:
Originally posted by Qclass
Hi,

Someone left a calling card for this forum on my green SVX on August 15th at the Benaroya Research Institute parking gargage. I just want to know who you are and perhaps we can get together and compare notes.

Duke
Duke, welcome to The Network! I didn't put the card on your car, but, I'm sure the "guilty party" will 'fess up soon. Again, welcome.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-22-2001, 06:59 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Welcome to the board, Duke.

I hope you are enjoying your SVX. You will find we are a strange, but fun group.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 08-22-2001, 07:37 AM

calling card

That was me. I ordered an SVX CD-ROM recently from subaruSVX.com and also received these little cards, so I've been putting them on the parked SVX's that I encounter. I'm a ex Miata owner going though club withdrawl, as there seems to be no organized SVX presence in Seattle / Western Washington / Pacific Northwest / West Coast. It would sure be nice to see a meet or tour of SVX's from our area. I have ideas from the Miata club events we used to take part in, but then we had 200-300 members and routinely had 20 to 30 cars available for even the most mundane events. If there's any interest within the Northwest Forum, it might be interesting to try something.

By the way; nice car, Duke!

More later,

Jim
'94 Ebony Pearl LSi
Ballard
Old 08-22-2001, 11:31 PM
Chad

Pac NW

I live in Ritzville (the gas stop between Seattle and Spokane) and am always looking for active members. I've been busy lately, but maybe we can all organize a meet of some sort in the future.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:46 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Smile I'm Back!

Well it's been about three weeks and I figured it was time to get back into the swing of things. I was off getting married and then had an awesome honeymoon in the Caribbean.

I was hoping to make it to the NW Subaru meet last weekend, but have been pretty busy settling in after all this vacation, you know, priorities! I have heard only 3 SVX's were there this year, I guess one more than last year.

Looks like while I've been gone there is a little more activity and some new members here in the Seattle area. Welcome! I'm Troy and live and work in Redmond. I know one other guy, Matt, that isn't on here yet but is very active at trying to set up small meets, etc. (check out my personal locker for some pics of our cars) And Chad, we can definitely try to coordinate with you to make sure you can make it over the mountains too. If we play our cards right, it looks like we could get 5 or 6 of us together without much effort. And I know there are a lot more out there that haven't found this site yet...

Anyway welcome new members and hopefully we can all get together soon!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:17 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
If you're interested in meets, be sure to look for the thread(s) about the 10th anniversary meet in Lafayette, IN next July.

hope to see you there
Old 08-23-2001, 11:20 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
oh and here's an SVX meAt of a different sort
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...dubjay/795.jpg
Old 08-23-2001, 11:35 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Well it's been about three weeks and I figured it was time to get back into the swing of things. I was off getting married and then had an awesome honeymoon in the Caribbean.

I was hoping to make it to the NW Subaru meet last weekend, but have been pretty busy settling in after all this vacation, you know, priorities! I have heard only 3 SVX's were there this year, I guess one more than last year.

Looks like while I've been gone there is a little more activity and some new members here in the Seattle area. Welcome! I'm Troy and live and work in Redmond. I know one other guy, Matt, that isn't on here yet but is very active at trying to set up small meets, etc. (check out my personal locker for some pics of our cars) And Chad, we can definitely try to coordinate with you to make sure you can make it over the mountains too. If we play our cards right, it looks like we could get 5 or 6 of us together without much effort. And I know there are a lot more out there that haven't found this site yet...

Anyway welcome new members and hopefully we can all get together soon!
Congratulations on your marriage, Mac! Here's wishing that your next 25 years are as happy as my last 25 (I'll have been married 25 years in November).
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-23-2001, 02:06 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Re: I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Congratulations on your marriage, Mac! Here's wishing that your next 25 years are as happy as my last 25 (I'll have been married 25 years in November).

Thanks Randy. And congrats on the 25 milestone coming up!
Old 08-23-2001, 02:09 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Talking A new (well actually old) meaning to "Spam"

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
oh and here's an SVX meAt of a different sort
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...dubjay/795.jpg

Frightening!!
Old 08-23-2001, 02:44 PM
Qclass

Cool

Thank you for all of your welcoming comments. I've owned my green '95 SVX since new; and I have to admit; I love the car. I first learned of the SVX back in '91 on an automotive TV show I thought it was beautiful then. Little did I know that I would own one four years later. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting you all in person at the next Puget Sound meet.

Duke