Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Talking Saw Two in Washington PA

And they were both in the same paking lot! Blue and a Silver one. I beeped to let the guy in the silver one go and he looked and realized what was letting him go and smiled and waved. Really cool. Just thought I'd share

2000 Mustang GT
NOT stock 450 rwhp
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I have a parking lot nearby here that has 3 in it almost everyday. A bordeaux, a red, and a green. One of them is a member here named billb. Good find, I rarely come across 1 when I'm in my SVX.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
I'm in WashPa about 3 days out of the week in my Teal Green. I never get to see another SVX in Washington. What parking lot did you see them in? I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbaer
I'm in WashPa about 3 days out of the week in my Teal Green. I never get to see another SVX in Washington. What parking lot did you see them in? I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
i bought my LGT at Budd Baer.

mine used to be out in Washington from time to time when i'd go visit my aunt n' uncle.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-28-2007, 09:52 AM

This is so cool! The Blue one was mine. I was amazed...3 SVXen in one parking lot! We were first in the Target, and then in the contiguous Giant Eagle parking lot. I first saw the silver one sitting alone at the bottom of the Target lot as if waiting for someone, so I swung right past it, and waved at the driver. I was in too much of a hurry for more than that, and a little timid. I spent quite a while in the store, and as I left, I swung by to see if he was still there, but he wasn't.

Then I headed towards the Giant Eagle parking lot, and before I got passed Target, I spotted the white one (Back in Black) behind me in my rear view mirror! (I wondered if I had stimbled across a mini-meet that had just broken up.) I pulled into a space, hoping he might do the same, but he turned right around the corner. I thought he was gone, so I went over to Giant Eagle, and I could see the silver one parked further down in the parking lot, by another store. The driver wasn't there. When I was walking back to my car, I saw the white one again, this time at the supermarket's gas station in one corner of the lot. I went the other way, because the silver one was now on the move, but it disappeared around the corner. Then I headed back the other way to the gas station, but the white one was gone too.

As if that wasn't amazing enough, from work in Mount Lebanon that day, I could see a black one in a parking garage across the street!

Maybe the owner of the silver one is a member, and will find this thread too.

Exactly where are you located, Back in Black?

I've seen alot of SVX's around lately, especially pearls and blacks. I had seen a pearl in Hazelwood just the day before. I'd recently seen another in Bethel Park/Upper St. Clair. Not long before that, I'd found myself behind a black one in East Liberty.

At the beginning of the year I met a guy who owns a Pearl located less than 10 minutes away from me, in Peters Twp, I think. When ever I see a pearl in the South Hills, I wonder if that's who it is.

After I bought my Laguna last October, I went to get an extra key made for it at Budd Baer Subaru in Washington. They told me that the owner's son has an SVX. Would that be you, Budbaer?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 AM

No, I have no conncetion to Budd Baer. When I picked the name for a handle on napster in 1999, I didn't even know they sold Subarus, it used to be Pontiacs and Buicks only. I hadn't lived near washington for more than a decade, I just liked the fact that I could use budbaer almost anywhere on the net and not have to put numbers after it. Now that I am back in the area, everyone thinks that I work there or have a connection to the dealership.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbaer
No, I have no conncetion to Budd Baer. When I picked the name for a handle on napster in 1999, I didn't even know they sold Subarus, it used to be Pontiacs and Buicks only. I hadn't lived near washington for more than a decade, I just liked the fact that I could use budbaer almost anywhere on the net and not have to put numbers after it. Now that I am back in the area, everyone thinks that I work there or have a connection to the dealership.

cool, can you get me a discount?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-01-2007, 12:28 PM

No way! Yeah I was behind you on the way to get go! I live over the hill in Meadow Lands and was on my way to work after i got gas. Sorry I didnt swing over and say hi lol! We need a Washington area SVX meet. . .

2000 Mustang GT
NOT stock 450 rwhp
Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back IN Black
No way! Yeah I was behind you on the way to get go! I live over the hill in Meadow Lands and was on my way to work after i got gas. Sorry I didnt swing over and say hi lol! We need a Washington area SVX meet. . .

Great idea, I think a Washpa mini meet would be very cool.

The Washington park would make a good venue.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:49 PM

Actually, we don't have to limit it to just Washington. We're long overdue for a general Greater Pittsburgh area mini meet. We haven't tried planning a sequel to our December '04 meet ("Freezeyerassoffandeatmexicanfood Meet") since our first, failed attempt to do that last summer. See this link:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&highlight=pgh

There were only 5 of us at that meet 2.5 years ago. I wonder how many more we could get now. I've seen 2 more black SVX's over the last 2 days, one parked in Mt. Lebanon (Central Square) last night, and one in Bethel Park today.

But if we do limit it to Washington, I think we should kick it off at the Target parking lot!... especially if the owner of the silver ever one finds this thread.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:38 PM

Sounds good. Go a head and set it up! Should be fun!!!!!

2000 Mustang GT
NOT stock 450 rwhp
Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 PM

Pittsburgh, Washpa, where ever. Count me in, I love a reason to meet other SVXers. Meet somewhere, drive somewhere else and hang out and talk cars, maybe drink a beer or two.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:46 PM

O.K. I guess I'll post plans for a meet over on the venerable Pgh Freezeyerassoffandeatmexicanfood Meet thread to make sure it's heard by the remaining subscribers to that thread. Follow the link on my previous post to get there and see how it progresses.

My rash of almost-daily SVX sightings has continued! Yesterday I was at Borders, with my car, as usual, parked just outside their cafe so I can admire it from where I was reading, when a flash of red out the window caught my eye. I looked up to see a red SVX with black-painted rims. The driver was checking out my car as he drove by, exiting the parking lot after looking back, and cutting back across in the opposite direction once on the street, where he sat in traffic until the light changed.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 AM

I saw that red one again yesterday evening in Peters Twp. at Water Dam Rd. and 19. I wasn't in my car though.