Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
more windows then a minivan..

Registered SVX
Talking pics of the riced out blue and white one?

i cant get the pics to come up can some one post them pleeze
Old 01-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
We've seen the green one before.

Exhaust tips are non-functional.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 AM

the orange one looks ok......but i think i woulda kept the roof black.......looks kinda funny esppecially the shot with the sunroof open......

as for the green one....................ugh...

i wonder where the orange cars owner got the carbon fibre look dash applique?

its something ive considered since my fake wood looks awful...even for a 15 yr old svx.....

rob

92 ebony 4.44's rock !!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Motorsport has a couple carbon fiber dash kits.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Why do some of these people have to mess with a perfectly good SVX?
same people who turbo them and race them spend 5,000$+ and still run slower then most stock production cars.

keep the svx as a colectors car or clean, and buy a vette/sti/evo/ or something for the speed keep factor.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
you mean like mine??

Speaking of, why do you have it out for me? I do what I do and I like it. If it is any consolation to claim that I have no right to modify my cars tastefully then by all means tell me I shouldn't but don't be a jerk like what you had said in the "Boom" thread. I have 3 svxi. I modded 1 , another is stock, and 1 getting a 5mt that will remain stock except for the trans. I don't rice them out and put stereo systems in it I just race the car I love... Plus even with all the money I put into it, its still costed me less than a brand new WRX

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 01-29-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Yeah, what Tom said!
-Bill (Pearl for the street, Black for the track, another soon to come )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
you mean like mine??

Speaking of, why do you have it out for me? I do what I do and I like it. If it is any consolation to claim that I have no right to modify my cars tastefully then by all means tell me I shouldn't but don't be a jerk like what you had said in the "Boom" thread. I have 3 svxi. I modded 1 , another is stock, and 1 getting a 5mt that will remain stock except for the trans. I don't rice them out and put stereo systems in it I just race the car I love... Plus even with all the money I put into it, its still costed me less than a brand new WRX

Tom

tom i dont have it out for you, dont take it personaly i think what your doing is great, and im really glad to see some one doing some performance mods, and you been doing great work and clean, but when it comes to reality and facts they are the proof is in the puding you may say, and the svx is not all out performer compared to other cars on the market, and no way i am saying the svx is a POS because its just not true,

of course every one chooses there cars and does what they feel best for it, and if your ever met me in person i guess you can say im opinionated when it comes to cars and im only that way is because i been doing this for many years now, 10 to be exact

IMO i just think certain cars should be left alone, keep it a clasic and not hack it all up, and i think cars should be set up for racing and road course racing,

i think the manual swap/intake/exhaust/intake are some nice touches make it sound better . but to make it some road warrior or 11 second 1/4 beast its just not

that being said i get to build up another 07 sti next weekend im looking foward to, i dont to get many chance to get a brand new sti and start tearing it apart
Old 01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Maniac modifier

Well I appreciate your open mind but I must also get my point across. I absolutley despise a cookie cutter. Yeah I opted for the stage 3 instead of building my own FI system because I am a student and didn't want a full time project. Plus, there are a lot if things I do not know enough about to do it myself. I am only 22 and my knowledge in some areas is limited. Just about everything I do is custom anymore. I cannot hold any appreciation for a bolt on car. I just think if you have to put your mind to work to make your car it is MUCH more satisfying than bolting on a Cobb kit (which are not that great imho). I am not saying that this is what you or everyone else is doing either. I like to think outside of the box and refute most of everything that comes my way. I am thick headed and I like opposition. I chose an SVX because I used to drool over them when I was a teen. I stumbled upon this great community and have been loyal ever since. But there is a problem when people keep inside that metaphorical box and just point out that the SVX is slow, its heavy, its got a crappy slushbox, and all the other negatives. Any car can be a monster, and as my modo of SVXi go, all it takes is a little ingenuity.

Tom
Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
WOOT! Go Tom!

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Maniac modifier

I am not trying to piss anyone off, merely stating my mindset so solar might be able to accept my values as an opinion thats all

Tom