Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-27-2005, 08:58 PM
ThetaReactor

Excellent feedback

...of several kinds.

It's been raining rather heavily the past couple days. My tires are dangerously bald. I've had to make a very conscious effort to go easy on the throttle. Taking her out on the expressway last night, though, I noticed the most incredible thing. I could actually feel the wheels slipping, and I could feel the other wheels grabbing. Little slides and shudders from the four corners of the car as the AWD did its best to keep some rubber on the road. Even when one or two wheels would hydroplane, I never felt like I was losing control. I'll say it again: this car is the most stable thing I've ever driven.

And I actually met a guy who knows what an SVX is! I was at QuikTrip, sinking forty bucks into the gas tank. As I walked inside to pay, I hear, "Hey, the mighty SVX!" I'm sure my jaw was on the floor as I turned around. The guy works at the station. Told me how much he loves the cars, asked about any mods I'd done. Mentioned a turbo SVX he'd seen in a magazine. He drives a 240SX, I told him that I'd actually been looking at those before I bought the Subaru. He agreed that I would have been completely justified in spitting in the face of the other guy at the same station that had called my car a Civic. He'd gotten pissed off at being mistaken for a Prelude!

Then I finally got a chance to talk cars with a friend of a friend, who's got an SRT-4. He ran up to my window as I pulled in and motioned for me to lower it. I roll it down and he just says, "Yeah, that's what I thought." Asked me what it was, of course, and told me he really likes it. Later, when he was leaving, and I had to move to let him out, he even joked that maybe we should just switch cars for a day...

Tomorrow I'm off, so I'll have a chance to install my front swaybar bushings [since the spacers finally arrived ] and maybe track down that PS leak. New Kumhos oughtta be arriving in the next day or so, too.

I'm in a good mood.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaReactor
this car is the most stable thing I've ever driven.
I can agree 100% with that statement. The feedback the SVX provides to the driver is simply amazing. I've driven my car in treacherous situations in both rain and snow, and never once did I feel like I had lost control.

-Chike

P.S. Just the other day, I was filling up at a local gas station and put $35 into my car. When I went inside to pay, some guy who was in line with me couldn't believe "that little SVX took that much gas!"

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)