Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
How many supercharger systems can I sign you and ensteele up for? Say 5 each? Then mike and me and you two can have an even dozen supercharged svx's at the reading meet or just start holding our own supercharged only meets.

Quote:
Originally posted by mrcare

Here's my short and brief Subaru story. I wanted to drag race an import car in a bracket class. I needed an AWD automatic car to be somewhat consistant. I looked up many different cars on the Internet and decided to give the SVX a shot.

At that time there were two SVX's on eBay that were within driving distance of here, so I bid on both of them. I didn't expect to be the high bidder on both of them but I was. I REALLY didn't want two of them. I went down to Sacramento to pick up the first one (green), and within the first couple of hours, I was...at the least, very impressed. A few days later I picked up the other one (white). I had the local Subaru shop go through it before I drove it back, and one of the mechanics was BS'ing with me and said one of his buddies had one of these cars in his garage and had not drivin it in years. He put me in contact with him and that's how I accuired the Silver one).
At that point I had to have more.
Over christmas I drove down to Lake Tahoe and met up with some family and drove over snow packed roads (again impressed). After my family drove it around they wanted one too.

I picked up the other green one (considered my parts car) from an ad in a local newspaper, some college girl had it, it didn't run, kinda tore up and wanted like $800 for it. I picked it up on the spot and within a few of getting it back I had it running.
It's nice to have another car you can swap out parts & computers with to diagnose problems....

The SVX has one quality that will take some getting used to, it is a heavy car, and once it spins out (breaks loose on ice or wet roads), it wants to keep on spinning and is very slow to come back to control. I guess I may just need some more practice.... (or more SVX's)....hehe.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated as I accuire them....

Thanks for all the positive energy here...it's great.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone
See now that we have an SVX hoarder in CA wouldnt it be fun to have a redwoods meet?

or how about right in the middle for both of them like central oregon