Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-27-2004, 10:19 AM

quote - unquote

Quote:
Subject: Thank you for attending JAE this year!
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:38:54 +0100

Thank you for attending JAE this year.

JAE is a unique event. The whole weekend is run for the benefit of the clubs and it is you who make it the success it is by coming back year after year and really entering into the spirit of what makes us all Japanese car enthusiasts. The camaraderie between the clubs is exceptional and the friendships formed at JAE often last for a long time. For those of you that have been coming for years you will have seen it grow and develop and, we hope, have seen it retain it's friendly atmosphere. For those of you new to JAE I hope you will now make sure it is top of your list of "must do" events.

The planning for 2005 is already under way. For 2004 The Organisation Ltd had a little over four months to put the event together. We know we made a lot of mistakes and we know some of the things we have tried to do were not completely successful. for that you have our apologies. For 2005 we now have a full year to plan and we will look at every element of this year to make sure 2005 is an event better event. For that we need your feedback. In addition to the questionnaires we hope you will ask your members for their input and let us know their thoughts. Tell us what you liked and tell us what we need to work on. We want JAE to be your event run the way you want it and providing the kind of things you would like.

We have already recognised some key areas for next year that have to be addressed. Lack of space is clearly one area. Despite some concerns by people before the event the space allocated was ample. however, the sheer number of cars now makes good camping space hard to find. We have already agreed with Billing Aquadrome to expand the number of fields given over to JAE for 2005. This is good news already! Secondly, we have to work out how better to manage the traffic. Aside from cars being misdirected and queues forming at the entrance, we realise that the use of a single exit is not sufficient. However, this was due to an accident on the A45 & nothing to do with event, so there is little we can do but we have already agreed to look at this with Billing Aquadrome and will be working through how to make this better for next year. So you can tell your members the queues for 2005 will be much shorter and the constant search for your club stand will be solved - well for most of us anyway! Other areas we will address include the traders, for this we need your feedback. We will be focusing on what entertainment we can provide for 2005 - if you didn't see the band you really missed something - they really were excellent! Finally, we will be looking at the whole security arrangements for 2005 and are already looking to make it a closed event so we can reduce the number of outside visitors who are not really there for the show.

JAE 2005 is already confirmed for 22nd - 24th July, so please put it in your diary now.

On a personal note I would like to thank everyone for making my time at JAE really enjoyable. It is hard work running an event like this but the reception I received from every car club wherever I went really made my weekend so much more enjoyable. Running JAE is more than just running an event for me. I am passionate about Japanese cars (especially my own!) and I hope this shows through in everything we at The Organisation do. Just a quick reminder about the questionnaires, it is imperative that I have your feedback, so that JAE 2005 can be better. If you didn't receive one please let me know either via the JAE forum, or this email address.

Thank you for making JAE 2004 a success. I very much look forward to seeing you in 2005, or better still at another event long before then.

Very best regards

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Work: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org
Old 07-27-2004, 01:51 PM

The individual pictures are now in my locker, I have deleted the Zip file.

Arthur
Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Nice pics, do the Z-Cars have an overheating problem or were they waiting for the AA?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Overheated

Yes / No

Waiting for the Eh Eh??

Probably.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-28-2004, 01:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nobody Send a message via MSN to Nobody
Hi,
nice pictures but missing legend Who is Who:-))) at group photo.
So many dreamcars there just missing Impreza GTs and some good looking STis :-)))
Give us more pictures please...
Peter
Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobody

So many dreamcars there just missing Impreza GTs and some good looking STis :-)))
Actually Peter, there were so many STis that we got bored looking at them. When you see a nice car on it's own, you think "cool". When you see 50 in a line you think "oh it's just another STi/300ZX/Supra/Skyline/RX7".

I did like the NSX's though (only 5 of them), and our pitch was invaded by a couple with a really nice twin-turbo legacy.

Phil.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:09 AM

Yeah, I can imagine that, I saw at Motor TV really nice STi "made" by HKS California. I have never seen any Subaru like that...
By twin turbo Legacy you mean Blitzen or just some mod? I would realy like to see Blitzen...
Peter
Old 07-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobody

By twin turbo Legacy you mean Blitzen or just some mod? I would realy like to see Blitzen...
It wasn't a blitzen. I think it was a 1994 GT RFRB (Run Fast Run Beautiful ) wagon. Two litre twin turbo (great engine to transplant into an SVX )

Last edited by b3lha; 07-28-2004 at 04:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:43 AM

As for me, I prefer for daily driving non-turbo engines, minimum 6V (better 8V). In my opinion SVX´s engine is still no.1 Subaru ever did. H6 is OK, Legacy 3.0R is OK but I still prefer SVX, especially at 7k RPM:-). But this is only my feeling you can disagree with. On the other hand I can imagine STi for weekend driving...(but NOT as a daily driver)
Peter
Old 07-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Phil & Belha

I've uploaded the photo's that Belha took with her digital camera. It'll be months before I get my 35mm ones developed.

Phil.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Thanks Phil

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 AM
SVXcase

Didn't make it to Billing

Hello Phil,

As you may have gathered I didn't get the old girl back together in time for Billing, work went mad and when I did get a chance to do it I cost myself a lot of time by forgetting the backing plate (schoolboy error). The work you did, cruise control, speed limiter etc. was a resounding success, thanks a lot for that. It is a joy to cruise at 95 mph with my feet up on the dash and no noise coming from the back apart from the police sirens. Where have you uploaded those piccies to I would love to see them. Cheers, Matt.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Phil & Belha

Hi Matt,

I had a feeling the car wouldn't be ready in time. Is everything fixed now, or is there still more work to do?

You missed a great weekend. Glad the speed limiter removal worked OK.

Click on the "locker" button in one of my messages to see the photos.

Talk to you soon,

Phil.

Last edited by b3lha; 07-29-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Phil & Belha

The impreza club luxembourg has some great photos of the JAE on their site http://www.impreza-club.lu - although they didn't take any of our stand.

The official JAE photographer seems to have missed us too:
http://www.cm-photos.co.uk/gallery_events_jae2004.htm

P & B.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: