SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Words of encouragement and thanks to our military

I saw the other thread on this subject too late and can't post now because it is locked. But I think this project Johnny is doing is worthwhile and we need to keep it going.

To all of our men and women serving in the military:
Thank you for preserving our freedom and bringing that freedom to those that have yet to experience it. Your country is behind you and will welcome you back as the heroes you truly are, every one of you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. God bless you!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-01-2003, 10:45 AM

may they come home safe and soon

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:05 PM
JLittell

Kick their asses!! (Saddams Army)
Old 04-01-2003, 03:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Let's try this all over again :)

Thanks, Troy! You beat me to the punch as I had planned on deleting the old one and restarting a new one like this. I will repost my original explaination from the old one and let's hope we can keep this one rolling without certain people dropping a skunk in the middle of the parade.
=========================
Good morning, all! After reading Steve's (wasions) thread asking for prayers and encouragement, I decided to start this thread as a reposit for all to place letters of thanks and encouragement to our soldiers. I think that even though we know and trust most of us here in the network, it is still a public place available for anyone to read. Since it would be unwise to list personal information of family and friends who are in the military, I would suggest this as a place to post generic well-wishes and encouragement for our soldiers so that those of us with family and friends serving our fine nation can copy and forward them via email or snail mail to our loved ones abroad. Having nephews in the service I will forward to them each post here along with the name of the member who wrote it so that they may know that they are thought of and loved for the greatest of all sacrifices that they make to defend our freedoms. I would suggest that others who know those in the military do the same.

May the Lord bless all the children who defend our lives as well as bless all who think of them with love and pride for the sacrifices they make on our behalf.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
As posted by sfsvx in the original thread ;)

I've noticed the huge difference in the way we treat our military now compared to the Vietnam era - then, we were castigated as baby killers, murderers, imperialists, etc. Now, people seem to support the troops, while focusing their disagreement on those ultimately responsible for all wars - the leaders and policy makers.

I am so proud of these men and women, who have decided that yes, there are some things worth fighting and perhaps dying for. They understand that there are some things worse than death. They are willing to sacrifice so that others may live in freedom.

My hat is off to them, my thoughts and prayers are with them and their families during this time of risk and great danger. Those of us who can stay here, in the comfort of our homes, surrounded by our friends and loved ones, owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the men and women who have ever stepped forward, raised their right hands, and swore to serve and protect not only this great country, but security and safety throughout this troubled planet.

I wish they could all come back home to a grateful nation, safe, sound, and able to be proud of themselves and their service.

'92 LS-L, black over claret, touring package, 105K

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:31 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

You know, I was there when my buddy, PFC Jarman Thacker left for Iraq.... I asked him if he was worried... He said only about one thing. "When I come back, will I get the kind of welcome that the Marines got when they came back from Vietnam??" I told him that I don't know...... But let me tell ya, If you were against the war and sending troops into Iraq before, then I can understand it. Since I am in the military I can't comment on my opinion though. Now that we are in the country, there should be full support for our troops..... It is absolutly disgusting to see American citizens not supporting the people that protect the countries freedoms. There is one thing that they have to understand. We don't make the decisions, we are told what to do by the Commander in Chief (President) and we do it. We can't have opinions like theirs because that would compromise the system that we operate under. That System keeps the maerican people safe and free. It also helps other nations experience freedom like ours. Everyone sould support the war effort, because U.S. Soldiers and my Friends are in the line of fire over there, fighting for the Iraqies Freedom from the Tyrant Saddam. All I can say is I dare anyone to come up to me and talk bad about the Marines or the Army that is over there right now. Marines are brothers, some of my brothers have died. I don't want to have to jack someone up for telling me that we have no business being there. We were ordered there. Stand behind the President and the troops. Put yourself in their boots. Imagine you coming home after months in the Iraqi desert. Your hoping to get some welcome and praise for doing a good job (if war could be called that) and staying alive. But instead people call you "Murderer" and stupid names like that. They don't treat you with any respect........ Nope, I don't think that anyone wants to have that happen to them in their own country. Think about what your views are on the war.....................

This was ment to be really short, I just got carried away and kept writing. Sorry, this isn't really directed at the Network. More like, all the Anti-War protesters that don'd really understand what is going on and how the military works. The only thing they understand is what they see on CNN..... Well you spend some time in Iraq or on an Aircraft Carrier working 16 to 20 hour days..... Then ya might understand.

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
G'luck.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:32 AM

Exclamation Proud to have served and be a American

It's is a nice feeling to know people still care for the Armed Forces of this country. May we never forget the scarafices they have made. Just remember people, and even now that I am a civilian, that when it rains, snows, or just so hot outside, there are men and women out there protecting us. Day and night 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. When I was on recon in a rifle company (Infantry) before at night in the dead of winter, I always wondered if people ever thought about us, the military, that while they are having a nice dinner with wine or they are sleeping that someone is on patrol, watching over them. I will never forget, and netheir should all of you people that have never served. Remember that there is a 19 year old kid, that is not old enough to drink, but old enough to die for his country. Pray for them, pray for the ones that have fallen in combat.

P.S. Hey GreenMarineSVX. When I was down in Turkey 1992, I met up with a unit from the Marines. I have a picture of me and the marine standing on the dock.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

My thoughts.... will be with them.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:22 AM

That's just what I was thinking when I started to write..... I got side tracked though because I started thinking about those stupid idiots that talk bad about us for being over there.... It is not our fault, we follow orders... That's what keeps them safe and gives them the right to protest. Let me tell ya, no protest in the country will stop this. Protests are just a bunch of angry civilians that aren't having what they want happen... Most of us are younger than the average college student... Yes that's young, but let me tell ya the 2 years that I have been in, I feel like I am more like 30 yrs old than 20... Constantly being on call and doing things that most people can't even think about starts to tear you up. I expect to hear nothing but praise for the military in this country. Remember it is all voluntary. Someone is out there awake while you are asleep making sure that you get that sleep and that life goes on for YOU. I get letters from my PFC Thacker every now and then. Hey says that everyday is like playing in a giant sand box.. Sound fun??? Not if you went through Parris Island and you know what a "real" sand box is....

OK, wellI think I've beat a dead cat with this post. I just have a hard time getting those images of the Anti-War protesters outta my head. Maybe I just need to go to NY and ask to be in the Riot Control Police for a few days. I would go to the middle of a riot with about 10 CS Granades. Tell the people "hey while you are over here talking bad about the war our Teenagers are over there and could be breathing stuff like this" Then throw the Gas Grenades all into the croud.... I thihnk that I would just sit there laughing as everyone fell to the ground gasping for air and saying they can't breathe... Hahahah..... It's just CS Gas, it isn't even the real Chemical weapons. That would give me such a laugh to break up a bunch of them with CS grenades.... Military folks know what CS is (yea, the Gas Chamber) It is good for ya, just cleans out your respratory system.....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Green1995SVX

I have this to add.

I was a pretty avid about my not being in support of the war. This is until the war started. It is important to show our support for the brave guys and gals over there that are doing their part to save freedom.

Mike
Old 04-02-2003, 11:43 AM

That's good to hear.... It is the right thing to do.... Isn't that so good that that Army PFC Jessica Lynch was found today..... I really hope that the town that she is from really lets her know that she is special and they were thinking about her...

Old 04-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
That's good to hear.... It is the right thing to do.... Isn't that so good that that Army PFC Jessica Lynch was found today..... I really hope that the town that she is from really lets her know that she is special and they were thinking about her...
I'm sure they will.

Mike
Old 04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Simpler terms . . .

I was thinking about this last night:

Let's say you were a doctor who, for several weeks, had been seeing little girls who'd been beaten and raped, supposedly by a thug with a certain tattoo on his arm. People in that part of town were not sleeping well at night.

So you and a couple of friends are driving home from your hobby, teaching karate classes, when you spot a guy with that very tattoo, beating a little girl and dragging her toward an alley.

In my opinion, if you continued on your way, you'd not be a peacemaker, you'd be a coward.

If you stopped and tried to talk peace to the thug, and nothing more, as he continued beating the little girl - well - you'd still be a coward.

If you whipped the living daylights out of him and left him tied to a pole with a letter to the police, you'd have made peace in the neighborhood, and possibly spared several lives.

But the very worst thing you could do, would be to act as if you hadn't seen anything, and then take a stand against those who might risk life and limb to come to the aid of the oppressed.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Of course, in that scenario, you'd also be a vigilante. Cool with me though, vigilanteism rocks.

- Rob