Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-08-2003, 12:03 PM

92 40k, 8200. 2 much?

A green 92 2 owner, no real records on it, clean carfax, no paint as I can tell in the snow, original re95 Bstones, smokers car, orig trans most likely, slight rotor wobble, no bearing sounds, small dent on hood lip, stereo door drops fast, clean otherwise. NOisy valves (more than my 88k motor) but maybe normazl as my heads were redone under warranty.

Sound like a lot of $$ for it? I want low mileage one and there are less of em out there and this one's a t a dealer around the corner-handy. Auction car from PA Manheim Auction-hhoe couldn;t have paid more than 4k at auction. Damn nice profit on any car. Whatya think? Keep looking? I can go as high as 12k-ish.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:32 PM

Re: 92 40k, 8200. 2 much?

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffN
A green 92 2 owner, no real records on it, clean carfax, no paint as I can tell in the snow, original re95 Bstones, smokers car, orig trans most likely, slight rotor wobble, no bearing sounds, small dent on hood lip, stereo door drops fast, clean otherwise. NOisy valves (more than my 88k motor) but maybe normazl as my heads were redone under warranty.

Sound like a lot of $$ for it? I want low mileage one and there are less of em out there and this one's a t a dealer around the corner-handy. Auction car from PA Manheim Auction-hhoe couldn;t have paid more than 4k at auction. Damn nice profit on any car. Whatya think? Keep looking? I can go as high as 12k-ish.
bearing problems come out of the blue sometimes, both of mine did. the rotors are really expensive to do, especially because you should be replacing the brakes with them. no real records? was the oil changed every 3000 miles? what type of work was done on the car? even a perfect pearlie...wouldn't be that expensive... this one has some body damage...my car has a clean carfax..but you can def tell that the hood was replaced and so was one of the headlights.

if you want to stick with the low milage, this is a jem...but if you don't mind spending the money...the price of the car plus the repairs that you should do as soon as you get the car

good luck in your choice...i would try to get them to lower the price...try like 7,000

Kelli

or some type of warr deal....that all these things get fixed...Jersey has the Lemon law..i don't know about anyone else, but i got my rotors and new brakes for free
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:49 PM

They already turned down 7500. he claims and has a guy on Monday to take it to a Sube dlr to checkout at 8300. (another claim). Itr only books out on NADA retail for 7300. Just a matter of if we want to spend more time looking-as fun as that is. It should really be only 7k-if perfect non smoker, maybe 8k.

Anything special to look for?
Old 02-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I think that noisy valves are very rare. Everyone of the engines I have heard are very quiet. I assume you mean it is noisy after it is all warmed up?

Did you look at that one in Amittyville on eBay?
Old 02-08-2003, 05:06 PM

That's the 1. Noisy after fully warm.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

92 with 40k

Hey JeffN, I'm sending you a PM!!!