Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

This is the same car that goes 196 MPH?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

may i suggest rubber bumpers for all four sides of your car?
How about strapping old tires to the front, back & sides like they do on tug boats?

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:15 AM
$VX

Quote:
i noticed how you said "WOMAN DRIVER" and you made no attempt to bring attention to the fact that the MALE DRIVER hit a parked car.
My car may be dented but my sense of humor isn't; I did that specifically for you Kelli. >grin< Hehe. I knew you'd jump on me for that. hehehe.

Anyway, I have to call the insurance company now to see what happened.

- Ca$h

PS: She got a ticket for deviating from her lane... which means it HAS to be her fault, no matter what she tells her insurance agency, correct???
Old 12-09-2002, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

My car may be dented but my sense of humor isn't; I did that specifically for you Kelli. >grin< Hehe. I knew you'd jump on me for that. hehehe.

Anyway, I have to call the insurance company now to see what happened.

- Ca$h

PS: She got a ticket for deviating from her lane... which means it HAS to be her fault, no matter what she tells her insurance agency, correct???

i am soooo glad you think about me cash...... if that is the way you get attention from girls, i feel sorry for your girlfriend.

if the cops made the report and the report said that it was her fault, in NJ, at least, you would still have to pay the $500 deduct (or what ever yours would be) and your rates would go up. hopefully the state laws are different up there.
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:24 AM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by FifthElement

The paradox in the above statement is astounding.
Not really. I've come so close to being nailed by some stupid ***** driving an SUV on her cellphone, morons driving navigators who can't use signals and seem to think that two objects can occupy the same space at the same time... etc etc etc.

The people driving SUVs in madison are just f*cking nuts.

- Ca$h

PS: I'll do a quick flash animation to show you how I couldn't possibly have avoided her....
Old 12-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Green1995SVX

in PA, her company would have to pay 100% of the damages.

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 11:25 AM
$VX

Quote:

i am soooo glad you think about me cash...... if that is the way you get attention from girls, i feel sorry for your girlfriend.
Oh lighten up. If you can't take a joke I feel sorry for your boyfriend.

- Ca$h
Old 12-09-2002, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

Oh lighten up. If you can't take a joke I feel sorry for your boyfriend.

- Ca$h
if your jokes were funny, you wouldn't be the only one snickering at them. your sense of humor is about as good as your ability to impress people with your charm and personality.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:47 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

cash.... i feel bad for you about the accident man.... hope everything turns out good.... all these stories basically told me that i'd rather walk 30 mins to school (to and from) everyday than to drive my svx out, its almost becoming an occassional weekend car.

i've lived and drove in cali, chicago and madison, and i have to say that cali is the most... competitive driving state.... as in as long as you can keep up with the speed of traffic, most people are good drivers, chicago is full of rude drivers, which is a common characteristic of big ciites.... but madison... madison is a complete different story... people here drive.... passively aggressive like a granny... they seem functional in normal circumstances, but whenever there is something out of the norms of everyday driving condition... like a 'opps, i'm going to miss the turn if i don't change lanes now' then they start freaking out...

my take on the issue is... if i'm going to miss the turn, then you know what? i'm going to miss that turn, and just try to turn on the next street and backtrack.... i know gas is expensive, but i much rather to be safe and keep the car intact than to pull something that i know can potentially cause hazard, even if its not my fault...

big props to you tho, lately your posts have been more... ambient...
Old 12-09-2002, 12:52 PM
$VX

Hey Subafan, can I come see your car? I want to borrow your bumper. >grin< Heheh.

The good news is I'll probably get my car back better than it was... since i have connections.

- Ca$h
Old 12-09-2002, 12:57 PM

hope you're not talking about my front bumper... sob.... my front was 'scratched' heavily as i was driving out of my garage like 2 weeks ago... remember the thread about the svx being too low? my back bumper is in better shape... but no, you may not borrow my bumper unless you promise to get me a real carbon fiber replacement =)

i'd love for people to see my svx... but i'm at the darn library all day long.... are you all coming out jan. 19?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Hater

Ca$h,
if you're ever out driving and come across a silver Hummer H2 - pull your SVX to the side of the road immediately, get out of the car, and run like hell in the opposite direction.
sorry to hear about your luck. WI drivers make PA drivers seem like Skip Barber racing school graduates. i don't think i could live there

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-09-2002, 01:18 PM
$VX

Thanks for hte good wishes guys.

Here's a tiny flash animation of what happened.

http://members.aol.com/cash68/crash.swf

Enjoy

- Ca$h
Old 12-09-2002, 01:24 PM

wow... the silver impala looks extrememly like a... huge palm pilot?

just a side question... what do you mean by you were trying to overtake her, when you saw that she wanted to turn... did you speed up and try to go before she could turn?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:38 PM
cjoffe

Based on his animation...

In a constricted space like that, your two choices for avoidance are speed up or slow down. Considering where SHE hit HIM, he would have to have managed HUGE acceleration to go from far enough behind for a stop to have been possible to the position where she hit him, or... they were gonna hit no matter what. If he had been coming up from behind but was still close enough to get past her, he could have slammed on his brakes and still would have hit her when she crossed his path. As a motorcyclist I know that there is almost always a way to anticipate other people's stupidity and avoid it, but sometimes there just isn't.

CJ