Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-28-2002, 10:05 PM
sith

Still no tickets in the SVX... only ticket was in my legacy, when the cop decided that, as teenagers, myself and my friends must all be drug running runaways. An hour later, after having the car and all of our stuff searched, getting patted down and threatened ("why dont you just admit to having drugs, or do I have to get the dogs out here"), he still gave me a damn ticket for speeding. Didn't even say he was sorry. Jerk.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Hitchhikin'

I am jealous of all of you punks, lol. I got hit with a 116 in a 70 in CA... anything above 100 is considered reckless driving, which doubles the points, and makes you ineligible for traffic school. Plus, it's a $1000 fine, not just $350 And my insurance went sky high as well... reckless driving here is on the same level as DUI, for insurance purposes... add an extra point for a ticket 6 months earlier, and you're paying for a decent condition SVX every year just for insurance.

And sith, try being an asian around here.... I've gotten used to that kind of treatment.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:56 PM

Smile

I've had two tickets in the SVX. Neither affected my car insurance

One coming home from the Burlington Vermont meet. I was in New York. 40mph in a 20mph zone. Big ol' ticket of $60 No points When he pulled me over it had just turned 12:01 am on Oct. 3rd . My birthday.

Second ticket for 48mph in a 25mph zone. That one cost me a lil more. 4 points reduced to 3. In Pa they remove 3 points a year. My points will be gone in a couple of months- yay

B.C.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat
I've had two tickets in the SVX. Neither affected my car insurance

One coming home from the Burlington Vermont meet. I was in New York. 40mph in a 20mph zone. Big ol' ticket of $60 No points When he pulled me over it had just turned 12:01 am on Oct. 3rd . My birthday.

Second ticket for 48mph in a 25mph zone. That one cost me a lil more. 4 points reduced to 3. In Pa they remove 3 points a year. My points will be gone in a couple of months- yay

B.C.
The Burlington VT meet was "Ticket City" -- I got one in Indiana on my way there. Cost me 165.00 for a "Pre-Trial Diversion" (basically legal bribery). You pay your 165.00 and they don't report the ticket to insurance and you don't lose points. If you get a ticket within the next year, in the same county, you lose the 165.00, you pay the original (in my case) 100.00 ticket and get the points, plus, you pay the ticket that you just received and get the points. What a racket!!!

"Montypython's" wife, got a ticket (her first) on the way to Burlington and Brian, you got one. That was a ticket fest.

I've posted this before, but, in my first 30 years of driving, before the SVX, I had gotten two warnings and two tickets. Since I've had the SVX (only 3 years, going on 4) I've equalled all stops to that time -- 2 warnings and two tickets. This is not a good thing.

"But officer, honest, it feels like you're only going 55 when you're going 80 in this car!!!" If we could get 'em to drive it, just one time, they'd let us off every time.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Lowered SVX

i have gotten one ticket in the svx.

the cool thing is somehow i have managed to get out of three. one on the interstate doing 80 in a 55, 60 in a 45, and one for tailgating some yahoo who was going like 35 in a 45.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-29-2002, 01:38 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: i have gotten one ticket in the svx.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
some yahoo who was going like 35 in a 45.
I had one of those today 35 in a 55... UGH!

-Mike
Old 04-29-2002, 01:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I can't remember the tickets prior to the SVX, but I have certainly been fortunate in my stops. Yes, I consider myself lucky to have gotten off as well as I did:

First stop 79 in a 55 (Warning, and reduced to 65 in a 55)

Second Stop 86 in a 65 (Warning)

Third Stop 75 in a 55 (Paid pre-trial diversion - 0 Points)

Fourth Stop 75 in a 55 (Reduced to 65 in a 55 -- went to traffic school - 0 points -- found out in traffic school that 10 MPH over didn't result in any points, anyway. )
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-29-2002, 01:45 PM

I have been pulled over more times than i can remember. i have never gotten a ticket (even without a mini skirt). the only thing i got was a warning for reckless driving and speeding.

the cop that pulled me over for reckless screamed at me for a half hour, spitting all over my winshield. he was really pissed. especially cuz i was speeding past his house.

and the speeding ticket would have been from some hottie state trooper. he was really nice and was surprised to see that a girl could drive stick. and he was pretty impressed how much of an attitude that i got with him....long story.

the last time i was pulled over i was in my svx. the cop was a friend of my bf's. we sat there for 20 minutes and BSed about my car. "Nah, you're full of it , that ain't a subaru!" hahe ho ha...ok officer......

Kelli (ticketless.....knocking on wood!)
Old 04-29-2002, 08:24 PM
ekprintsos

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!
I have been pulled over 46 times and counting....
I have paid for only 3 tickets my entire life.
I've had good luck so far. I know it will run out as i get older...hahaha
But it is great to have statie friends.

kath
Old 04-29-2002, 09:25 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by AnthraXFan
oh, they wrote it up just as a 96 Subaru 2D Green. that's all.
Fight the bloody ticket lad. There is no such thing as SUBARU 2D Green. It's a Subaru SVX.

As for the 60 on 55? Don't these people have better things to do like chase after drug gangs or give tickets to the dunks?

Damn idiots.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-30-2002, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

As for the 60 on 55? Don't these people have better things to do like chase after drug gangs or give tickets to the dunks?

Damn idiots.

Lwin
speaking of better things to do...the dunkin donuts in a town that i like to hang out in was closed for repairs for a while. the cops were all over like flies on poopie and they were tempermental like a pregnant woman with hemoriods. they were passing out tickets like crazy. i think people actually stopped at the construction site to ask them to hurry up!

even cops can have mood swings

Kelli
Old 04-30-2002, 08:09 AM

Quote:
"Montypython's" wife, got a ticket (her first) on the way to Burlington and Brian, you got one. That was a ticket fest.
That ticket coming home from Burlington Vermont was also my first. That was the most interesting birthday gift I have ever rercieved

As for getting points.......So the NY points wouldn't travel to my PA liscence the cop took 1mph off my ticket. 20mph or higher = points travel. I was, after all said and done, 19mph over the speed limit. No points

Part of the plea bargain(my 1st PA ticket so they were easy on me - lol) of my PA ticket was that my insurancve company would never hear about the ticket. Hence no insurance premium bump

B. C.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:03 AM
tober76b

number 13 finally got me

i just received my first ticket...it was the 13th time I'd been pulled over. what gets me is that it was for failing to come to a complete stop at a BART (commuter train) parking lot at night when no-one was around. $104--$133 with traffic school.
honestly, how many of you actually come to a complete stop for a parking lot stop sign late at night when there are only a few parked cars around?
the part that bugs me is that these guys routinely drive on the sidewalks, don't use their turn signals, and FAIL TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT THE PARKING LOT STOP SIGNS!!
anyway, just thought I'd come out of hiding and share.
toby
Old 05-01-2002, 08:24 AM

Registered SVX
Re: number 13 finally got me

Quote:
Originally posted by tober76b
i just received my first ticket...it was the 13th time I'd been pulled over. what gets me is that it was for failing to come to a complete stop at a BART (commuter train) parking lot at night when no-one was around. $104--$133 with traffic school.
honestly, how many of you actually come to a complete stop for a parking lot stop sign late at night when there are only a few parked cars around?
the part that bugs me is that these guys routinely drive on the sidewalks, don't use their turn signals, and FAIL TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT THE PARKING LOT STOP SIGNS!!
anyway, just thought I'd come out of hiding and share.
toby
Toby,
Good to see you around. I'd fight the sucker. In Indiana (where I work, not live), since the parking lot is private property, the stop signs they erect aren't really "legal." It'd be like putting a stopsign in your driveway. Of course, if the property is owned by the city, you might have no recourse. You might check applicable law in your state.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-13-2002, 12:10 AM
tober76b

Re: Re: number 13 finally got me

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Toby,
Good to see you around. I'd fight the sucker. In Indiana (where I work, not live), since the parking lot is private property, the stop signs they erect aren't really "legal." It'd be like putting a stopsign in your driveway. Of course, if the property is owned by the city, you might have no recourse. You might check applicable law in your state.
thanks RWJ,
i considered fighting it, but you need to go down to the courthouse in person (first come, first served) for an arraignment---then there's another day of missed work for the actual court date. basically, i'd lose more money not going to work to fight it than to just pay the lousy $133 bucks. speaking of which, i just finished my internet traffic school course (another $25) so it won't go on my record. that test was the easiest thing in the world to take....just copy/paste all the text into a separate file, then search for the answers in the end while you're taking the pretests and the final. i originally had planned to read through the whole thing, but after a couple of chapters of redundancy, i opted for the easy way out. they peppered it with facts about the author that were part of the final, but the FIND function of Notepad took care of those in stride.
toby