How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-24-2002, 11:02 AM
SVX-Utah

Post Security System 1992 LS-L

I just got my 1992, 2 weeks ago and I am figuring out all it has to offer me. I have a remote for the system but it does nothing when pressed or when the security button on the dash is on. I replaced the batteries in the remote but still no effect. I tried to get it into programming mode via some instructions found on the web and it would not work. Any ideas? Where is the security module located? How would I know for sure if it is in need of replacement? Where do I find a replacement? How Much?
So many questions so few answers.

Any comments welcomed.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Any comments welcomed.
Sorry I cannot be of any help. I just wanted to say.............

Welcome

B.C.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Security System 1992 LS-L

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX-Utah
I just got my 1992, 2 weeks ago and I am figuring out all it has to offer me. I have a remote for the system but it does nothing when pressed or when the security button on the dash is on. I replaced the batteries in the remote but still no effect. I tried to get it into programming mode via some instructions found on the web and it would not work. Any ideas? Where is the security module located? How would I know for sure if it is in need of replacement? Where do I find a replacement? How Much?
So many questions so few answers.

Any comments welcomed.
First, welcome, Utah.

Does the light on the security button blink when it's on? If not, you've been struck with the "legionaire's disease" of SVX security systems. Nobody can really figure it out. I can only tell you to, possibly, unplug the module, clean the contacts, and wait for a while before plugging it back in.

The module is behind the glove box. I've posted a diagram showing the location in another thread, just do a search on "alarm module" and it's bound to pop up. You have to take the liner out of the glove box to access it.

At the point when the instructions told you to press the security button "rapidly" did you actually press it "rapidly?" You have to press it VERY rapidly, or the process won't work. Also, did you make absolutely sure you began with the security button OFF.

As for the battery change, there have been many instances of people buying batteries, replacing them with what they perceived to be "NEW" batteries, only to find out that they were flat when they bought them. Make sure you have the battery checked before going any further on your adventure.

Hope everything works out.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI