Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-15-2006, 04:11 PM
sbrulvr4343

i was just wondering about getting some defferent front and rear bumbers actually, i dont think side skirts are too neccessary as far as looks go. yeah the outback bumber doesn't look too bad in my opinion, thanks guys. Oh yeah and does any one know about different spoilers i could get for a SVX? And by spoiler i mean one that is a real spoiler, not one for a third brake light.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Korean
Are you talking about ricer style wing or CF spoiler... And what do you mean by "real" spoiler...
Old 04-15-2006, 10:38 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean
Here are the pictures of the SVX with a Outback Bumper

Ok, sorry for dredging this up again, but I admit it; ever since I saw these, I've been getting all obsessed. I love the way that Outback bumper looks on the SVX. It's badass.

Is that a member's car? What year/type of Outback did it come from? How much custom fitting was required?

Anyone know?

Anyone?
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-15-2006, 11:01 PM
sbrulvr4343

haha, uhh I'm a total spoiler n00b so i dont know any titles. And I meant "real" as a spoiler that actually does something, and not one that acts as a third brake light if you know what I mean. I want one like Dannys' Silver Spear, not one of the stock spoilers. And I agree the outback bumper does look pretty good, any one have some more info?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Dannys spoiler is actually probly too high to do anything up untill 100 mph. A bit lower might be the ticket.
Also note that his is a wing, not a spoiler. A wing provides downforce to the rear wheels as air passes over it, exerting more downward force to the tires, as well as preloading the suspension, hence giving the car more controll
A spoiler disrupts the airflow over a car and sends it downward behind the car. It in essence allows the air to help "Push" the car, though to what degree of effectivness is unknown.
For the effect your going after, you may want something like a trunklid spoiler. Theese are mounted low. with the arodynamic properties of the svx, one of theese would make the most sence.
But thena gain why put downforce on a set of wheels that do, on average, 30% of the driving? (Unless of course, you have a 65/35 rear bias from an sti tranny)
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Dannys spoiler is actually probly too high to do anything up untill 100 mph. A bit lower might be the ticket.
Also note that his is a wing, not a spoiler. A wing provides downforce to the rear wheels as air passes over it, exerting more downward force to the tires, as well as preloading the suspension, hence giving the car more controll
A spoiler disrupts the airflow over a car and sends it downward behind the car. It in essence allows the air to help "Push" the car, though to what degree of effectivness is unknown.
Absolutely correct, the effects are above 100mph. I will lower it by around 4 inches or so... I need someone to photoshop it at different lowering stages

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
sbrulvr4343

Alright well thanks guys. I'll have to look into some of your suggestions and see what the prices are. And what are car lips? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
sbrulvr4343

And I have one more question for Danny, how much money would i spend if I hired someone to make a body kit for me? How did you learn to make them? And what did you change concerning your SVX body?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrulvr4343
Alright well thanks guys. I'll have to look into some of your suggestions and see what the prices are. And what are car lips? Thanks.
These are front lips:
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...sjdmfronl.html
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...arfibhood.html
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...nlipspoil.html

Your other options:
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...tracfrons.html
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...s/svxfrsp.html
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Me, I always figured the car is more than areodynamic..and thats one of its strong points. Messing with the front bumper iincreases drag and makes the car (to some remote degree) slower. I never really say the oint of having a bumper that was more nothing than bumper, unless your running some sserious front mount intercoolers or something. But thats just me
Something subtle like the front splitters aint bad though
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
sbrulvr4343

ahah alright thanks guy, im checkin into them right now. oh and i just want the bumper for looks, unless it decreases the speed drastically im not too worried about it.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrulvr4343
And I have one more question for Danny, how much money would i spend if I hired someone to make a body kit for me? How did you learn to make them? And what did you change concerning your SVX body?
Labor costs in the States are different from my country's. So the matter of cost is closely related to that of rates. Here any bodykit made locally costs between $500 and $1300 (according to its complexity of the kit)

I learned working with FG by watching a professional doing it, now I became better than him

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:02 AM

Just remember it's alot easier to take something that already exists (like a front bumper) and modifying it to make it fit the SVX.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean
Just remember it's alot easier to take something that already exists (like a front bumper) taking a mold out of it, creating another fiberglass bumper out of this mold (because FG never mixes with plastic nor any other different material) and modifying it to make it fit the SVX.
Fixed it

Old 04-18-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Fixed it
Thanx Superman...