SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
First Ticket in the SVX

Its complete BS too... that cop was a real dick, he claimed that I hadn't come to a complete stop at an intersection(stop sign), which is BS, I know I did, then he said" I could see the entire thing, you didn't stop" which is even more BS, the road is a bend, and he was over 100 yds away, down the turn to boot. This will definetly be going to court. No reason to pay a ticket that I dont deserve. Has anyone else noticed that cops today are dicks? and really target SVXer's and especially teens? I have had the stupid cherrys flash me over 4 times in the past 4 months and then they stop behind me, then pull out and leave. Another cop pulled up next to me in ST. Paul and threatened me because he thought I had been street racing, which I hadn't and he said,"You better watch it, I know what you've been doing..." I said, "what are you talking about?", he said,"dont be a smart ass, you street race and I will be watching you." then he rolled up the window, shot me a look then drove away. The same cop that pulled me over pulled over my buddy who had tabs, ONE DAY OVER DUE, he said," Know why I pulled you over?" "Yep, over do tabs, I just got the truck back from the muffler shop and I know I have to go pick them up, but I have no other way of getting over there."
"well thats too bad, you should have got them fixed before..., here, its a fix it ticket, change it, come up to the station and have me check it off. Have a nice day." That cop is a little piss head, he thinks hes so high and mighty, it really pisses me off... what the heck is up with cops today anyways?!?!?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Fast and Furious came out, that's what happened. Now every teenager in a foreign sports(ish)car is automatically associated with streetracing. The only thing you can do is move or grow older.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Own'eded

true... gotta schedule a court hearing now, might as well contest it, I dont deserve it so...
Old 04-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
You'd be wasting your time. Since there's no evidence, it's his word vs yours.. and since you have a record guess who wins.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Own'eded

i have no record... and i just took pics proving my innocents...
Old 04-09-2006, 04:10 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
You'd be wasting your time. Since there's no evidence, it's his word vs yours.. and since you have a record guess who wins.
I'd take my day in court over just rolling over. No sense in just pleading guilty if you didn't do it. Make the cop prove his case.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Own'eded

true, fight it for sure
Old 04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3
... Has anyone else noticed that cops today are dicks?...
Back in the early '90s, cops seemed to be willing to give you a chance to talk your way out of a ticket. Nowadays, its pretty much all business. Out of the last five times I've been pulled over in recent years, I've only talked my way out of one ticket.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Fast and Furious came out, that's what happened. Now every teenager in a foreign sports(ish)car is automatically associated with streetracing. The only thing you can do is move or grow older.

Or become a woman. They don't bother me...even when I fly past them
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 04-10-2006, 04:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXyGirl
Or become a woman. They don't bother me...even when I fly past them
Yeah that's too true. Our town has a modded mustang as a cop car that just loves to pull ppl over (i need to to photograph this car you'd never guess its a cop car) and never misses an opportunity. except for me. he's had FOUR (yup 4) perfect opportunities to get me doing at least 10+ the speed limit on residential roads but didnt even bother trying to pull me over. And he doesnt use the old radar mounted on the car that takes longer to get a speed on a car he uses the new laser instant speed gun. You cant slow down fast enough to fake it out but for some reason i dont get tickets. He did once see me off the clock (but driving his cop car) that he liked my car, so i guess she has a fan. I also can fly past state and city sheriff officers cars without a glance no matter how fast i'm going. i think they're afraid we'd cry (which i would) you know how men handle tears.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Own'eded

yeah now I gotta try and get out of it or get it reduced(should be able to), I am buy a Clarion motorized head unit and screen and a Sony MD head unit and putting them in... 250 for both!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Our town has a modded mustang as a cop car that just loves to pull ppl over (i need to to photograph this car you'd never guess its a cop car)
We have a black one that I've seen in boston too. Those are the real sneaky ones.

As far as stupid tickets go... it seems like alot of cops these days just pick a certain time of the month to fill their quota and kids happen to be the easy targets. When I see them set up their traps i think ooo, its that time of the month again . But yeah, around here it seems to be just the lazy ones that are a pita, not too many of the "power trip" types. As long as you and your car are safe you're ussually fine.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:38 PM

I am up to 4 tickets in the SVX, last one was the best. Driving on a sidewalk. Cop was just an idiot. I just get a lawyer every time and walk.

Greg
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

From my LJ entry today

Well took my friend down to get his ticket issue settled in Burnsmille....Got one myself while in the parking lot of the courthouse (proof of cur insurance) of which I will be taking care of on my next drop day since I just printed my new insurance card. My other ticket for parking sticker... Not even court costs(the other will be the same)...moneys and car parts on friday or something.

Parking sticker+ must have for ST John res. $3 sticker $80 fine every 10 days
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to MrScary Send a message via MSN to MrScary Send a message via Yahoo to MrScary
I haven't gotten a ticket yet in the SVX. Maybe its cuz I have fire fighter plates on it, I'm not sure. I had a cop flash me because I accelerated quick out of a driveway but ended up just going up to the speed limit.