Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Talking Pics of my SVX

This is the second day of having my car back on the road, after a three month time out with a failed trasmission, i have spent all day cleaning her up, just like to share her with you

Since its been off the road i have installed a 4 pass trans cooler and had my ugly black centercaps (of the mags) resotred to the original silver

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I am dark teal with (color) envy.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wheels

Hi JJ, OK, somebody has to tell you and I guess it will be me. Your wheels are on backwards. The wheels should twist forward. Nice SVX. Take care, BOBB
Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
So thats what my car would look like if it didnt have that hideous dent in the fender, the bb gun shots in the door, and the handlebar marks down the side? It looks very nice!

I thought the wheels went that way. It makes sense logically, the wheels have a sort of smeared (cant think of a better word) look you'd think it would follow the way the wheel moves as if from speed. Just my take. I have one frontwards and one backwards on each side so i cant decide who goes where.

How do you keep yours so white? I wash mine every other week and wax it every other wash but it still gets marks and weird color things that require stripping the wax off to get rid of.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Beautiful car -JJ-!!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 03-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Im REALLY addicted! CANT STOP!

Send a message via MSN to mysvxrocks Send a message via Yahoo to mysvxrocks
Is that a right hand drive? I WANT ONE OF THOSE

2006 Infra-Red Ford Focus ZX3 ~ 67k

No longer SVX'n, Ill always miss them!

1995 Polo Green LS-i ~ 95k
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~ 145k (04/91) #2231
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Awesome looking car. Nice job.

Guess ya gotta change the wheels though.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 PM
One teal and One yellow

Car/Pics looks great.

Can you install your cooler in btwn the radiator and condenser? Your car looks like missing one tooth from the first pic

What's the "P" for? Are you a student driver? In some conturies, the "P" stands for a new driver so other drivers can stay away from them.

3 month is a long time and enjoy your car and glad you got her back! My yellow's lower gearing swap is taking almost 2mths long....hopefully the next wk will be a good news for me.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
So thats what my car would look like if it didnt have that hideous dent in the fender, the bb gun shots in the door, and the handlebar marks down the side? .

LMAO!

My kids were playing basketball too close to mine tonight.....asked them if they wanted to see another birthday.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Hey Jake, I am happy you got your baby back on the road, mine is also done a week ago, I am driving it right now, but still needs a couple of things like a new projector cover (the other one is busted) and side marker clear lens .

I think the "P" is for "Private use"? We have those here but put on the car's registration paper..

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
I thought the wheels went that way... Just my take. I have one frontwards and one backwards on each side so i cant decide who goes where.
The spokes always start at the center cap and curve towards the front of the car.
In this photo the rear wheel belongs on the other side of the car; the front wheel is correct.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-17-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
The spokes always start at the center cap and curve towards the front of the car.
In this photo the rear wheel belongs on the other side of the car; the front wheel is correct.

PLEASE!!! The only criteria for mounting SVX wheels is that the wheels with the raised letter "L" should be mounted on the LEFT side of the car. Wheels with no markings should be mounted on the RIGHT side of the car. This is why two of your wheels have the raised letter "L" markings.
Preston
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSides
PLEASE!!! The only criteria for mounting SVX wheels is that the wheels with the raised letter "L" should be mounted on the LEFT side of the car. Wheels with no markings should be mounted on the RIGHT side of the car. This is why two of your wheels have the raised letter "L" markings.
Preston
I got in an argument with a guy in a junk yard over this once. I had to wait two hours for them to get the wrong wheel after I drove over a hour and a half and it was supposed to be waiting in the office when I got there . They had a whole day to get to it too It took me a total of about 10 hours over 2 days just to get a wheel!

I was very specific about the L mark and the fact that it was a left hand side wheel, and they just ignored my instruction. When they finally brought it out and it was a right hand wheel, I got a little frustrated and the guy acted like I was an idiot explaining to me that all four wheels are the same on cars, they just look different on each side... The next day I came back in the SVX and had him give me a demonstration of this... "oh, well I guess ours just had 4 right wheels on it.." He went on to say they actually had a "second SVX" in the back that may have the correct wheel if I could wait 10 minutes. Funny how it actually did only take 10 minutes and just 20 hours prior to that he only had one with four right wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
Since its been off the road i have installed a 4 pass trans cooler and had my ugly black centercaps (of the mags) resotred to the original silver
Looks great! ...what is the big "P" for? I would guess it is a parking pass, but it is just way too big.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird
LMAO!

My kids were playing basketball too close to mine tonight.....asked them if they wanted to see another birthday.
They werent even my kids. The dent if from some accident none of the former owners will take credit for, the bb gun shots happened the night i bought it on ebay at the wholesaler's lot, and the handlebar marks are from my neighbors kids riding their bikes in my driveway behind my house where they know they arent allowed to go. (yeah i'm pretty P.O.'ed that my trailer trash neighbor doesnt watch her 4 accidental children but wont pay for the damage they have done to TWO of my cars.)
Old 03-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
They werent even my kids. The dent if from some accident none of the former owners will take credit for, the bb gun shots happened the night i bought it on ebay at the wholesaler's lot, and the handlebar marks are from my neighbors kids riding their bikes in my driveway behind my house where they know they arent allowed to go. (yeah i'm pretty P.O.'ed that my trailer trash neighbor doesnt watch her 4 accidental children but wont pay for the damage they have done to TWO of my cars.)
only two solutions... One...garage your car unless your driving it
Two...take your neibor's "Kids" out to "Play" in the "River" with their new, hand crafted "Shoes"

The second option is probly the better one
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten