How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
An Update

My mechanic checked my car today, I have three things visible which must be changed: The lower assembly and its ball joint and both the engine mounts. The oil leak are from these mounts because they are filled with it.
I will go this evening to take the lower assembly + its flange and ball joint and the other side flange all for $150 from the wrecked black SVX i found. as for the mounts I prefer getting them new, but if they were costly I will check with that guy if his are still in good shape.
I will be buying also a new fender even though mine can still be repaired...

Keeping fingers crossed.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 AM
SlonSVX5mt

Talking No Problemo!

Hope you fix the beast soon! Send pictures or post after you fix it, once again anything you need i mostly got!

Slon

Last edited by SlonSVX5mt; 12-12-2005 at 11:19 AM. Reason: mistakes in spelling
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Does your SVX have passive 4 wheel steering or are the struts slightly bent?

But seriously though, I feel really bad about what happened, but the good thing is you made some great quick descisions which not only ended up getting nobody killed (even though you may regret that sometimes, jk) but also without wreaking total havoc on your SVX's chassis.

Best of luck repairing it, but most of us may be sad but not surprised if you don't so thats ok. Either way, good luck.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Does your SVX have passive 4 wheel steering or are the struts slightly bent?

But seriously though, I feel really bad about what happened, but the good thing is you made some great quick descisions which not only ended up getting nobody killed (even though you may regret that sometimes, jk) but also without wreaking total havoc on your SVX's chassis.

Best of luck repairing it, but most of us may be sad but not surprised if you don't so thats ok. Either way, good luck.
The struts are not bent, only one lower assembly and a ball joint are damaged. also the engine mounts. that's all mechanically speaking. The chassis is intact, just the front bar went a little bit to the left (0.5cm).
Repairs have begun, the parts I will get on wednesday, a black fender (I will repaint it silver), headlights, bumper... concerning the rims, I have found another used set in great condition which he will swap them with me (I will give him my set + the damaged one) for cheap...as for the corner signal... I have a special project for it... out of fiberglass

And I think I will regret not killing that guy

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Originally posted by intelisevil
Umm . . . Did you look at where he lives?

He could pay top dollar almost anywhere in Europe and never come close to your free + shipping gift. Also, don't assume everyone in the world celebrates Christmas.

Don't take offense if he doesn't take you up on your offer.

Dan
Aw, Give SlonSVX5mt a break, he was trying to be nice. He's only got a few posts so I think he can be excused for not noticing the far away location thing.

Yeah, you do make some good points, just sounded a bit rude to me, but youre a newbie too, so I guess that's forgivable.

If I remember correctly, SilverSpear does celebrate xmas, I think he mentioned his religion in a couple of threads. I dunno if christmas is one of those reasonable assumptions, like assuming people on here are guys unless told otherwise. IMO it gets a little tiring typing out the whole he/she or xmas/kwanzaa/solstice/hanukkah/seasonofnoparticularimportance, even if saying all that would be more correct.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycone
Aw, Give SlonSVX5mt a break, he was trying to be nice. He's only got a few posts so I think he can be excused for not noticing the far away location thing.

Yeah, you do make some good points, just sounded a bit rude to me, but youre a newbie too, so I guess that's forgivable.

If I remember correctly, SilverSpear does celebrate xmas, I think he mentioned his religion in a couple of threads. I dunno if christmas is one of those reasonable assumptions, like assuming people on here are guys unless told otherwise. IMO it gets a little tiring typing out the whole he/she or xmas/kwanzaa/solstice/hanukkah/seasonofnoparticularimportance, even if saying all that would be more correct.
Yup, SlonSVX is OK in my book, I never saw anything bad coming out from him till now...

And I am Christian Maronite (in other words Catholic but because we had a Saint from Lebanon recognized by the Vatican called Maron, we were known as Christian Maronites in order to distinguish us as the Lebanese Catholics..)
And we are true Christians in the sense... Well Jesus was born in northern Palestine which is very near to Lebanon and he lived in this area...
Don't be surprised if you find Christians in the middle east, there are some in Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan and mostly you can find them in Lebanon. This is just for info.
Plus my name is Danny = St Daniel . Muslims' names are Mohammed, Ahmed, Mostapha, Ali.............

Old 12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycone

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude, I was trying to be factual . . .

I'm a 'member' of my company's Inclusion Council so I've been brainwashed to be more careful about making assumptions. That's why I made my comment about celebrating the 'holiday'.

Dan
Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
I was heading back home from my friend’s house (just 4 hours ago) which was 5 minutes away from mine, doing 90 Km/h on an open road at 2am, when suddenly a Mercedes blocked my path at no more than 60 feet in front of me. I had three choices, either cut it in half killing everyone inside it (they were 4) or hit a tree on my left, killing myself, or try to avoid everyone and go to the right which I had the most space than the other two but go into a gas station which I had some narrow space to try to evade everything…

Steered to the right, locked my wheels but the car kept crawling until I hit first a 6 inch high sidewalk on which the car bounced a went into the store which closes the gas station’s door (at a point where it was about to stop). I stepped outside the car shaking… and examined my front end. Bumper broken, fender bent, wheel cracked, lower assembly bent, headlight broken from underneath it, corner broken also, oil leaking out from my front differential. I guess the axle messed something inside it… here is how the accident happened:

Grey is me heading upwards, Blue is Mercedes blocking my path while coming from the left, Orange on the left is the tree with its round sidewalk, Red is a parked car near the gas fillers, White shape on the right is the gas station and in front of it, the three black dots are the fillers and in between is the tight space which I was attempting… and the orange dots are my path with wheels locking.

The good news is that the damage is limited to exterior parts while the chassis and the fender side of the engine are intact. I am concerned about the front differential.

Another good news is that today I have located a wrecked black SVX in Northern Lebanon, so I will be checking it for parts on Monday. Here are some pictures of the accident:

Hey Dan,

tht sucks, i know ur feeling about it. Everyone will be having bad days sometime and we have to get thru tht boldly (which is exactly what I am goin thru now). Lemme know if u need any help from me (u know wht i mean )

-Pavan.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Today I went to the guy and found that he and his family (he alone has 11 brothers and sisters) own 5 XT's, 4 legacies, 6 impreza's, 1 daihatsu feroza, 2 SVX's........ they can open a D*mn dealership branch in their location!!! the pics speak for themselves:

Starting with the SVX's:

The burgundy is pretty much beaten up as for the Silver, it is still brand new. still the original paint, interior is flawless... but no EG33!!!!!!

We was asking $3000 for both but because the Silver has a 4 year unpaid taxes, along with penalties amounted to $1500. So My best offer was $1000 for both. Hoping he accepts!!!

Old 12-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
here are the part of the rest..

Sorry I forgot to mention that he showed me a picture of his and his brothers' 16 XT's lined up in front of their house dated 17/5/1998. I was stupid enough not to take a picture of them...

Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Repairs in Process

The bodyshop works, this one of the top in the country:
Maybe I can convince you by those pictures that labor is cheap here. Maybe in the states it is cheaper for you to replace a damaged fender by a new one than fixing it. The new fender costs $105 at the dealership here, but fixing it costs less, near $50 in metal works alone without paint. here are the pictures:

As for Fiberglass, here is a mold for the projectors area:

Old 12-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
More fiberglass pictures:
Those are preliminary pics, i will update when improvement is reached:

Sorry it was raining and one cannot work with fiberglass in a closed garage, so I had to open the door causing some water from rain to come inside as you see in the floor

Sorry for the low resolution Pics