Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-05-2005, 07:11 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Unhappy I hit a Volvo

So I was coming home from work last night and I take this back road instead of taking the highway.

I'm coming down this hill and there were a lot of cars coming by in the opposite lane and as I get closer towards the bottom there Is a woman in the middle of the road.

She pulled some kind of K turn so she could back into her driveway. Mind you, this is a very busy backroad on a hill. The opposite traffic was stopped but I didn't see her car because it was sideways backing in so I didn't see her headlights I just saw the truck that was waiting and didn't see her car's shadow until she was in my headlights.

I saw her and then I slammed on my brakes, I went into a small skid and tried to steer around her because her front nose was almost touching the yellow solid line in the middle of the road and she was stopped there for some reason. I guess the dumb woman saw me coming and froze. She claimed she saw me at the top of the hill and the hill is a good 1/4 mile. I managed to avoid slamming into her front fender/door and I managed to hit the side of her front bumper with the passenger side of my front bumper.

I'm stopped and I"m like crap this really sucks. We get out and we call the police. My car has only paint damage suprisingly. I made her bumper shift about an inch and I took paint off her bumper. She was furious and she told me that her headlights were facing me the whole time but from far away on top of a hill I couldnt distinguish her from normal traffic.

I dont understand why it took her so long to k-turn she said she saw me coming from the top of the hill already and her headlights were facing me. It takes me a good 15 seconds to reach her from the top of the hill and she was still sticking out in the middle of the road.

So far the cop said we both could be at fault because she obstructed the road and I failed to control my car. The woman had a hard time explaining to the cop because she kept telling him different ways she was backing in every time he tried to confirm.

Hopefully I win the case and my insurance doesnt go up. That's all I'm worried about. I wasnt talking on my cell phone, blasting my music, changing stations or doing anything. I just honestly didn't see her from the glare of oncoming traffic, and the cop had a hard time believing I couldnt see her.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 01-05-2005, 07:26 AM

Sorry to hear that man, but luckily no one was hurt.
And I hate to say it but more then likely you insurance is going to go up no matter what.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr
Sorry to hear that man, but luckily no one was hurt.
And I hate to say it but more then likely you insurance is going to go up no matter what.
I agree. Let's ignore the fact that you were clearly not in complete control of your car if you were unable to stop for somebody obstructing the road. Whether you were going to fast or not paying attention, either way you're partially at fault.

No, what the insurance company is going to care about was the fact that you were even in the car in the first place.

Anyway, it's very good that nobody was hurt. It's a shame that somebody did something boneheaded and you happened to be there when they did it. At least everybody's fine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE