Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is the GreenMarineSVX worth in your opinion?? (please take seriously)
$0 - $3,000 3 7.32%
$3,001 - $4,000 2 4.88%
$4,001 - $5,000 2 4.88%
$5,001 - $6,000 11 26.83%
$6,001 - $7,000 16 39.02%
$7,001 or above.... 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2004, 06:06 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb

Forgive me; I think the "cut the wires..." remark from the previous post is what yanked my chain.

dcb
Well I hope that I didn't offend ya with that remark... It was a joke ...

In all seriousness though, if you ride by yourself alot and your seatbelts work then you shouldn't have to worry about an airbag... When mine went off my face didn't even touch the airbag. Because I wore a seat belt and sat in a position that would let my seatbelt work properly. That is all that ya have to do... Now if I had been in a Severe crash then I might have needed the air bags. But I like to give myselfe the benifit of the doubt... However I forgot to do that that morning ... That sucks

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-03-2004, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdc
Give me a little credit, eh. Ideally I'd like to install a keyswitch like some cars have for when you put a child seat in the front passenger seat. Then I could turn it off when there's no passenger (which is most of the time).
Just how much credit do you want?? After all, why would you put a child seat in the front passenger seat, when they are supposed to be put in the rear seats of vehicles??

Now granted, this isn't possible in a vehicle that doesn't have a rear seat, but unless you removed the back seats of your SVX, it shouldn't be up front.

Back on topic, Any new's on Geico giving you more $$$ GM??
Old 07-03-2004, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr

Just how much credit do you want?? After all, why would you put a child seat in the front passenger seat, when they are supposed to be put in the rear seats of vehicles??

Now granted, this isn't possible in a vehicle that doesn't have a rear seat, but unless you removed the back seats of your SVX, it shouldn't be up front.

Back on topic, Any new's on Geico giving you more $$$ GM??
Well I recieved an unoficial offer from my adjuster... But it still wans't high enough for me... I think that my $1000 deductable is what's really killing me. That and the fact that I am buying the car back. It's gonna look like a small amount but I have to add $2,000 to the price being offered and that is what they are considering... I'm probably gonna settle with them after the holidays... I'm getting tired of waiting...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-03-2004, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Well I recieved an unoficial offer from my adjuster... But it still wans't high enough for me... I think that my $1000 deductable is what's really killing me. That and the fact that I am buying the car back. It's gonna look like a small amount but I have to add $2,000 to the price being offered and that is what they are considering... I'm probably gonna settle with them after the holidays... I'm getting tired of waiting...
While the deductable sure doesn't help you, no insurance company wants to pay out more then the absolute min they can get away with (that's not to say some aren't more "fair" then others) but was this their first reply to your counter offer? If so I would try at least one more time to get them to come up on the price a little, they might not, but it couldn't hurt as long as there isn't a time frame you need to settle by before they won't let you buy back the ride.
Also even if you felt you were given a fair price, you can bet that Geico would have/will drop you as a client, cause they now consider you as a risk.
(has happened to just about everyone I know who was covered by them, that had an accident, at fault or not)
Like someone else said: "The only thing to like about Gieco, is the Gecko" (and personaly I only like him when he is singing Carl Douglass's "Kung Fu Fighting")
Best of Luck in the on-going struggle, and please keep us posted!
Old 07-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Sure will keep ya updated... Na, that was his second offer. I told him that it just wasn't good enough and that I would keep doing my research. I'm thinking that after the holidays the most that I will beable to get outta him in cash is $4,800+me keep the car. That is ofcorse forgetting my $1,000 deductable and the price it would cost to buy the car back. It's alright though, because it looks like I will beable to get the car back together for a little less than that... If I can find the parts that I need that Shane doesn't have.

If anyone knows where I can get the following parts, it would be greatly appreaciated:

Radiator
Windshield
Drivers and Passengers Air Bags

If ya can find preces too that would be great... Thanks

Old 07-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
that the Subaru community "Boycott GEICO"...
Let me be the first name on that petition.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:31 PM

They'll really come cheap in the US, here in Sweden, a -92 in good condition costs around 100 grands, that's $11k ...

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 07-06-2004, 06:52 AM

regarding the "value" of an SVX

When I bought my SVX, my insurance agent (Nationwide) mentioned specialty coverage available on a car over 10 years old and said I'd need to have the car appraised by a "qualified" professional. Aside from wondering how much more I'd have to pay for such coverage, just who's qualified to accurately appraise the true market value of an SVX?

(Could we bestow that title upon someone on this site?)

dcb
Old 07-07-2004, 07:28 AM

Well it's nice that your insurance company chose to atleast tell ya about a special coverage... GEICO was just interested in insuring my for one "Stock 1995 SVX L AWD"... They didn't care if I had any modifications done to it or that it is a Beautiful and Unique car...

Boycott GEICO list - put your name here if you agree to never use GEICO.
1. GreenMarineSVX
2. NikFu S.

Old 07-07-2004, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonar
They'll really come cheap in the US, here in Sweden, a -92 in good condition costs around 100 grands, that's $11k ...

/Sonny
GOD!!! I wonder how much mine would be worth in Sweeden all fixed up...Maybe I should put it on the European Auto Trader site... Could probably make one hell of a profit even after the international shipping!!!

Old 07-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:

If anyone knows where I can get the following parts, it would be greatly appreaciated:

Radiator
Windshield
Drivers and Passengers Air Bags

If ya can find preces too that would be great... Thanks

I know where you can get a windhshield for $40. Problem is you gotta pre pay and they pull it.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:39 AM

Where!!!!! And what coler car is it from?? I am SUPER INTERESTED!!! PM IS NEEDED!!! or e-mail me... Lindleycj@usmc-mccs.org

Old 07-07-2004, 08:17 AM

Quote:
If you have GEICO, Drop 'em while ya still can!! Don't let them shaft you on a claim too!!!
Trouble is, it's not just GEICO. It's industry-wide.

I ask again: Does anyone have any suggestions as to who would be qualified to accurately, realistically evaluate an SVX?

dcb
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM

well guys... I had to settle the claim with GEICO today... Just as I thought I got screwed... However I did manage to squeze an extera $1000 outta them... So I get to keep the car and I get $4,000... Hmmm, well... Time to start the rebuild huh

Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 PM

Well for what it's worth.......Congratulations.......And good luck with the rebuild

Geeze, don't ya just love insurance companies!