How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-22-2001, 12:16 AM
ravi

Cool Just got a SVX

HEY HEY HEY EVERYBODY!!! MY NAME IS RAVI . You all must have never seen my name up here. That's becuase I just got a SVX few weeks before. I found this Paper on my Car's window which gave me the address of this site. I am wondering who left this. I am just curious to know. The name on this card is John Hoffman. Does anybody know him?? well, I am gonna have more question about my car, so I will keep posting my questions here. It's nice to join this site.
Old 09-22-2001, 12:33 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Hi Ravi
Welcome to the site. We all know who John is. I do anyways -- although I have not meet with him in real life. I have exchanged a couple of e-mails.

We are all SVX loving community here and please feel free to post anything. We will try to answer your questions as much as we can (to the best of our knowledge)

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-22-2001, 02:17 PM
CGLathrop

If my memory is working...

If I can remember correctly.. Didnt john make the first batch of SVX club stickers??
Old 09-22-2001, 08:21 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: If my memory is working...

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
If I can remember correctly.. Didnt john make the first batch of SVX club stickers??
To CGL, yes, he did. I still have mine. To Ravi: John & I are attending the "Snowshoe II" meet in Canaan Valley, WV. Can you join us? I think there are still some reserved rooms available. Check out all the info on the forum, & welcome aboard. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:11 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ravi, welcome to the SVX WORLD Network. We're very happy to have you here. John Hoffman is a great friend and a regular here. You'll find him under the "handle" Svxcess. We're all here to help each other, so feel free to use the combined knowledge and wit (well, maybe I'm half right about the wit) of this wonderful conglomeration of people. Again, WELCOME!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-23-2001, 12:03 PM
joeaux

Welcome Ravi. You'll find everything you need for your SVX here. The people are the best. The help is always available and the talk, well, it's normally about the cars, but sometimes we get weird. It's normal. Enjoy the automobile. They are STILL one of the best cars going for the money.
-joe-
Old 09-23-2001, 08:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
Welcome Ravi. You'll find everything you need for your SVX here. The people are the best. The help is always available and the talk, well, it's normally about the cars, but sometimes we get weird. It's normal. Enjoy the automobile. They are STILL one of the best cars going for the money.
-joe-
Joe, good to see you "in the hunt" again. We've missed you 'round here. I'm guessing you've been busy, but, don't stay away so long.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-24-2001, 05:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Ravi,

Welcome to the SVX family. We are about as disfunctional as any. I am probably the weirdest.
Take a minute to go to my personal locker and check out the info on the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. It will be held next summer in Indiana.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact me.

Larry III

'97 burgundy LSi
Old 09-24-2001, 11:24 AM
ravi

hi again

hey everybody, it's very nice of all of you to give me attention like that. I am now glad to join this site. I have some problem with my browser, that's why I couldn't reply before. I have like 4 or 5 questions. I will post them when I will get a chance. I just wanted to say hi for now.
see you all around.
ravi.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:18 PM
oneothefewproud

HEY HEY HEY EVERYBODY!!! MY NAME IS RAVI

Ravi,

Welcome to the best site on the web. This place and people have helped me greatly. Please feel free to look and touch.

Ooops not supposed to say that. Sorry Randy. I know keep it clean. I ment to say click. hahahaha

Welcome aboard.

ciao
Wayne
Old 10-04-2001, 08:40 PM
ravi

back here again

hey guys, I am back again. I have been busy in my studies cause I am full time student.
I just some some questions for you guys.
Q1. What size of speakers go on SVX ??
Q2. About how much does it take to get the windows tinted?
Q3. My head lights are dirty from inside. How can I clean them so they will look new?? I tried to take the light out, but I couldn't figure out how can I do that? can somebody help??

I have seen 5 svx in MD yet. I saw one yesterday while driving to CCBC essex, as you get off of exit 32B from I-695. it was near a taco bell. The color of SVX was blue, was that any of you guys ? I have seen two svx with just one owner. I saw it at snowball center at larkbrown center in columbia, MD. He has one 95 green SVX and a 92 Burgendy SVX. DO you know who is that ? I go to CCBC catonsville. One of the faculty members bring a white SVX, I have seen SVX world NEt sticker on his/her car too, do you knwo who is that?? I saw one other day at CCBC essex in the parking lot, I don't know who was that?

How can I get a sticker of SVX WROLD NET ?? does anyone got one ?

To Ron: You were talking previously about Canaan Valley meet. what forum should I go on to get the info for it??

I also started a new forum under "The Subaru SVX "NETWORK" > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Northeast Region." Why don't everybody who lives in MD or near MD, go to the forum and add your name to it, this way we will have names of everybody from MD.

see you guys around,
ravi.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:54 PM

Registered SVX
Re: back here again

Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
hey guys, I am back again. I have been busy in my studies cause I am full time student.
I just some some questions for you guys.
Q1. What size of speakers go on SVX ??
Q2. About how much does it take to get the windows tinted?
Q3. My head lights are dirty from inside. How can I clean them so they will look new?? I tried to take the light out, but I couldn't figure out how can I do that? can somebody help??

I have seen 5 svx in MD yet. I saw one yesterday while driving to CCBC essex, as you get off of exit 32B from I-695. it was near a taco bell. The color of SVX was blue, was that any of you guys ? I have seen two svx with just one owner. I saw it at snowball center at larkbrown center in columbia, MD. He has one 95 green SVX and a 92 Burgendy SVX. DO you know who is that ? I go to CCBC catonsville. One of the faculty members bring a white SVX, I have seen SVX world NEt sticker on his/her car too, do you knwo who is that?? I saw one other day at CCBC essex in the parking lot, I don't know who was that?

How can I get a sticker of SVX WROLD NET ?? does anyone got one ?

To Ron: You were talking previously about Canaan Valley meet. what forum should I go on to get the info for it??

I also started a new forum under "The Subaru SVX "NETWORK" > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Northeast Region." Why don't everybody who lives in MD or near MD, go to the forum and add your name to it, this way we will have names of everybody from MD.

see you guys around,
ravi.
Ravi,
You're full of questions.

First of all, the faculty member is a regular here at the net and an enthusiast. It's John Hoffman (svxcess) Look him up and maybe you can convoy down to the Canaan Valley meet. There are lots of Maryland members. Svxit is from Maryland as is Ron Mummert.

Stickers are available at www.subarusvx.com.

Speakers are 6x9 rears and 6.5 fronts.

I've heard anywhere from 250 - 500 dollars for a tinting. It varies by geography.

Sorry, there's no way to clean the lenses from the "inside" without breaking them. The Novus plastic cleaning products do a great job on the outside.

Hope to see you at Canaan valley. You can find info under the "Snowshoe II Planning Thread" Thread.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 10-04-2001, 09:04 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Smile

Hi Ravi - For the Canaan Valley meet go to the Upcoming Meets forum and browse through the "Snowshoe II" thread. There are still rooms available, I think. The white SVX with the World Network sticker might be John Hoffman (SVXcess). If you see a black '92 around the Columbia area, it might be me. I've seen at least a dozen SVX's around here. Welcome back, Ron.

'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
Old 10-04-2001, 09:12 PM
ravi

Hey Aredubjay, thanx for answering the questions.

Ron, Now I know that John is one of the faculy member of same college I go to, so I guess I can see him anytime. I work in Columbia, so I might see you up there sometime. What street you live at, I am pretty good at finding streets in columbia becuase I diliver up there. You will usually see me in my 92' Burgundy SVX either in catonsville, woodlawn or essex area.
It was yesterday, 10/03/2001, around 12:30pm, I was near exit 31b from I-695. I saw a Blue SVX up there. I waived at him too. I went in to taco bell that time. who is that person, anybody know??
well, see ya guys later, I got a chemistry exam tomorrow and I gotta study for it ( stooin for an A) .
see you guys around.
ravi.
Old 10-04-2001, 09:44 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Cool

Ravi - I live in the Columbia Hills section of Ellicott City. (Spring Valley Road). The batmobile is hidden in the bat cave (garage) when I'm at home. I work close to the Arundel Mills Mall off Rt. 100. Ron.

'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K