How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-18-2003, 05:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Northern NH siting! My first!

Oh how thrilling, how exciting, The first time i've EVER seen another SVX in person. Burgandy, really really clean(despite the fact the roads were all wet with dirty slush water). It was a long straight away, and I saw them coming for some bit. Thought to myself hey thats a good looking car what is it...hey wait a second.....thats MY CAR! As we past the other driver and I both turned our heads and watched the other go by. Pretty cool. I actually pulled over for a moment to rearrange some stuff in my car, but alas, the other driver did not... Would of liked to talk to em.

James
Old 11-18-2003, 09:20 AM
MarXVS

Yeah I remember the first time I ever saw an SVX. It was a spring day, traffic was not moving, and I was opposite the driver. He had the window down and his arm hanging out and I just found myself staring. What was this window biz? I didn't realise I was staring until he looked back from staring at the ironing board fin of my Merkur Xr4Ti we smiled together and both said at the same time "what kinda car is that?"

Now I'm on the opposite end of the blank stares and I know exactly what they're thinking.

There is a funny kind of camaraderie when you see another one on the road or in a parking lot at the lumber yard. Can you imagine a Ford Focus owner going up to another one and saying "Hey, cool car, oh look here comes 4 more just like ours, only that one is grey".

It's kinda funny when you see a cool looking car approaching, you make a mental note "Hey that's a nice ... wait a minute that's my car." I love it when I don't even realize it's an SVX until it's close, and I've had mine for 5 or 6 years.

Always remember to wave, I would have stopped for ya the last time I was down there in the hills. In fact here's an incident only funny in retrospect. I was crossing the border to visit friends in NH and the border guard was keeping me kinda long. He was making me nervous when he kept asking me questions about the car. He could see what was happening and finally smiled and said "cool car - you can go"
Old 11-18-2003, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
mmHmm

Where is that place in Quebec? I go to canada quite often for musical reasons(i've had the border crossing trouble twice now for the car...). Around Sherbrook, Coaticook, and Magog. Anyplace near you? Would like to ask you a million and one questions about the car and stuff....Plus I'd love to see some one elses car...maybe it doesn't make rattle sounds because the catalytic converter is shot to h*ll....and doesn't have a problem going left at intersections because the CV joint on that side is shot to h*ll too... ...........I'll fix it! just need to find some one who I trust to work on it hehehe.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:15 PM
MarXVS

Border crossing SVX

I've had the catalytic converter problem which cost me all my heat shields before somebody said, "Hey what about the converter," et voila fixed the rattle.

I live in a small town just outside of Gatineau Quebec which is across the river (and provincial border) from Ottawa. I used to travel to NH in my SVX ocassionally for visits (about 2.5 hr drive to the US border). I know and visit Magog, Sherbrooke etc. but I live about 200 km (120 miles I think) east of Montreal so the SVX cruise has a wonderful time on the small curvy hiways and hills. Nowadays the border is an unpleasant slowdown.

Your musical comment intrigues me - with the seat down there's a surprising amount of room despite the low arch into the trunk and I have figured out how to fit my bass gear in there.

PM me if you like and we can talk about that stuff offline.

MarXVS